Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Big Bear rain and rock slides

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:30 PM
t1m1t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bear rain and rock slides

Saturday afternoon I went up to Big Bear lake for a church retreat that had begun on Friday. Going up the mountain was fine and pretty fun, but coming down today (Sunday) was a completely different story. It begins to rain very hard and I later began to notice that there was a large number of rocks scattered all over the road. I slowed down to about 5 to 10 mph to avoid as many as many as I could. I was hoping to stop along the side, but the authorities were telling us to continue moving so that they could close the mountain roads due to the large amounts of rock slides. So I pretty much had no choice but to continue down the treacherous road ahead of me. As mentioned before, I tried to avoid the larger sized rocks, but could not find space to avoid two. Feeling those two go under me was literally one of the worst feelings I had ever felt in my life. I checked under my car when we got down the mountain, but couldn't find any visible damage to anything including my stock exhaust. I plan to take it to a local garage to get it lifted on Tuesday to see if there was damage done that I didn't see.

Did anyone else go through this during the weekend? I saw a couple of other Zs going up and down the mountain road.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 AM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big bear needs snow alreadyy!!!!!!!!