Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

9/22 G's & Z's Dyno Day and UpRev raffle/demo - Church Automotive Testing

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssnake86
Sergio are you comparing your hot baseline run to the run your cooled pull with the TBS? I thought you told me you gained like 5hp...not 13...
What I meant was even if it only gained 5 more hp it was an awesome mod

My car runs super rich from the factory and I think with the revups we get a little more up top because of the cam timing fiddling with making more power

My hot run which was my first pull was like 273 or something which was about 5hp more than the 267 I laid down on my baseline with subsequent pulls the hp went up and up and the final run was cooled a little but I dont think cooling alone could produce the results....I suspect the mod makes 4-5 lb ft and the higher you rev it will consistenly make more power....

I think the best part of this mod is it holds torque longer up top which is why we see the gains we did on my car.....at 6300 there was about an 8 lbft difference in torque...it never made more than my peak which happened at about 5000rpm but it just held more torque to redline.....looking at the pulls they are pretty linear, no huge gains ou of nowhere.....just a solid linear growth in power as revs climb up until I think the cams run out of breath or the exhaust becomes a restriction at 6300

I want to have Shawn play with the software and see how far we can get on stock parts....the MREV2 and spacer seem to add huge gains in mid range but peak numbers arent life altering....but it makes the Z much more fun to drive I am sure lol

Looking at Shawns graphs our peaks are near the same but his mid range numbers are fabulous with the mods he has (which arent many) I think playing with the cam timing and uncorking the exhaust may yield a few more peak ponies for a mostly stock revup.....I think the A/F alone will probably yeild another 5hp at peak maybe a little more

Only time will tell but one thing is for sure Shawn and Dave are helping the Z community out BIG TIME and I am thankful I made the 2 hour trek to be a part of it