Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

California Speedway on 10/27/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Nastyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Speedway on 10/27/07

I started a thread on the Drag racing forums so people can sign up for the next Street Legal race day at California Speedway on 10/27/07.

Please feel free to sign up here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....22#post4455622

***FOR THOSE WITH QUESTIONS REGARDING TRACK RULES, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL TRACK RULES HERE: http://www.californiaspeedway.com/dragwayrules/

For those of you with questions and too lazy to follow the link, the track will open at 7AM and racing will begin at 9AM.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM OR TAKE THIS THREAD OFF TOPIC, OR POST ANY NEGATIVE REMARKS ON HOW EARLY THE EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE AND SO ON...

It's hard enough getting anyone to show interest for drag racing events, none the less sign up to race.

Thanks,
-Nasty

Last edited by Nastyboy; 09-30-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Benzoboi

hmmm...interesting...are non Z's allowed to join the festivities or no? If so I'll as my other Z buddy if he is interested in this and head down with him...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 AM
UHATEIT

I did this in September 2005 and had a great time at the CA Speedway. This would be a lot of fun!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Nastyboy

Originally Posted by Benzoboi
hmmm...interesting...are non Z's allowed to join the festivities or no? If so I'll as my other Z buddy if he is interested in this and head down with him...
Yeah, of course they are! Sorry for not clarifying this earlier.
If you have other friends that would like to join, bring them along. The more the better. Just make sure to sign up!

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
I did this in September 2005 and had a great time at the CA Speedway. This would be a lot of fun!
Any chance you want to do this again in October? LoL... maybe we'll have the twins run side by side
Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by Nastyboy

Any chance you want to do this again in October? LoL... maybe we'll have the twins run side by side

haha do you have a DBZ? That would be pretty cool to have 2 Z's side by side, especially in the same color!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Nastyboy

No, it's not a DBZ. Based on your PM's I thought you had seen pix of my car. It's a kandy blue Z with the Esprit kit... well now it's only the front and sides.

So yeah, come out to the track so we can catch it on video! LoL
Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 AM
gimpster621

wait is this a private event or open track? and how much is it?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
UHATEIT

No, it's not a DBZ. Based on your PM's I thought you had seen pix of my car. It's a kandy blue Z with the Esprit kit... well now it's only the front and sides.

So yeah, come out to the track so we can catch it on video! LoL

haha oh yeah I remember now, sorry man I talk to so many people on here I forget these things, That would be pretty dope! 2 esprit kitted Z's lined up. I thought yours was blue tho? unless you repainted it nother color now.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gimpster621
wait is this a private event or open track? and how much is it?
Last time I went, it was open to the public (all of their "street legal" days are)

Price for admission was about $20, I think it's $10 for observers.

I would recommend getting there no later than 5:30AM, you will see a long line of cars waiting outside the gate at this time.

This ensures you will get through tech and safety inspection and will not be denied admission.

If you come after the gates open, good luck....

Some other things:

1. You can race against your friends. When you line up ready to race, have your friend line up right behind you. Then tell the guy directing traffic that you want a "grudge match" with your friend. This is a good way to avoid having to race against crazy, insane drivers who are liable to hit your car while going out of control. There will be several thousand runs throughout the course of the day. I guarantee there will be at least one incident (probability about 0.1% ??) , so make sure it isn't you.

2. Bring lots and lots of water. Bring food. Bring an air compressor / pressure gauge at least, possibly also a jack and stands.

3. I recommend running with the heat blasting as much as possible, turn the A/C off at the very least. Your engine tends to heat soak badly, while waiting in line to race. From the data I have collected using Cipher, if you are heat soaked, your engine will pretty much stay heat soaked all the way through 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd gear. That's almost half the race that you will be running with less horsepower than you should.

4. Make sure you have a helmet if your car is faster than about 14.0. The official rules are on california speedway's website.

5. Keep your driver's window rolled down, and drive around the water if you aren't doing a burnout. If you're on street tires, there is no real need to do a burnout, street tires are not meant for this. If you ARE doing a burnout, keep it to 5 seconds like they say.

6. It's nerve wracking going up there for your first time. Just chill out, and don't worry about the car next to you. Take your time to launch whenever you are ready. Your Elapsed Time does not depend on your reaction time during this event.

7. Don't dump the clutch, this is known as shocking the drivetrain. You want to keep the clutch as close as possible to engaged when you're revving and ready to launch.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 09-28-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
srexplicit

I'm there like always!!
I'll take the crew and have a bbq!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:58 AM
FLZ_Boy

I'll most likely be there observing.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:13 AM
UHATEIT

Last time We got away without having to pay $10 when we observed. But this was on a Sunday and the street races startes around 2pm, but yeah there were like 20 lines each with about 30 cars in each line
Old 09-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Nastyboy

Cool, FLZ, I'll see you there like always. I think I've been seeing you at the track since 2004?

Wired 24/7, as stated on the other post, thanks for the tips for those with little or no track experience!

UHateit, LETS RACE THE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LoL

Everyone else, please don't be shy. Even if you want to just stop by and check out the place. It'll be fun. Remember, this is where you will not only see different Z's with various modifications, but you will be able to hear each one, not to mention see them perform at a track.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:10 PM
UHATEIT

do you know if they ever have these events on sundays? Sundays and wednesdays are my days off, just wondering
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Nastyboy

I have never seen the Street Legal's on a Sunday. It's always Saturdays... the track, however, is open on Sunday's but for different events.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:41 AM
FLZ_Boy

Cool, FLZ, I'll see you there like always. I think I've been seeing you at the track since 2004?

Wired 24/7, as stated on the other post, thanks for the tips for those with little or no track experience!

UHateit, LETS RACE THE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LoL

Everyone else, please don't be shy. Even if you want to just stop by and check out the place. It'll be fun. Remember, this is where you will not only see different Z's with various modifications, but you will be able to hear each one, not to mention see them perform at a track.
I'll be most likely there, but I doubt I'll be running my daily driver (I will be paying for a ticket to run). Unless traction impresses me, I'll just sit and watch.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 AM
dozzer1b

if i can get my Z back from GTM by then......IM THERE
Old 09-30-2007, 11:25 AM
srexplicit

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
do you know if they ever have these events on sundays? Sundays and wednesdays are my days off, just wondering
They actually have an event called battle of the imports on Sundays!
They have it twice a year! Check out the California Speedway for the calendar!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Nastyboy

Technically, BOTI is a carshow that OFFERS a 1/4 challenge. Not the same thing though. The price to run your car is higher, and most cars that run are typically in the 11 second average unless you're doing the Sportsman Classes where you would have to dial in.

As I said before, the track does open on Sunday's, but you would have to check to see what type of event is being hosted that weekend/day.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
UHATEIT

I was there on a Sunday for JGTCUSA Back in December 2004. That was the greatest event I had ever been to, but the drag racing was probably on a saturdy if you were thinking it's never open sundays, haven't been there since 2005

Quick Reply: California Speedway on 10/27/07