Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:53 AM
glowz825

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked them both. Anyway we all know P diddy or what ever the f==== his name is had them both killed.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Fiveseven

Originally Posted by glowz825
I liked them both. Anyway we all know P diddy or what ever the f==== his name is had them both killed.
i seriously thought that too... anyway 2pac "all eyes on me"
Old 10-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
collection meaning i have all of his cds. I also have all of Bone thugs n harmony cds as an example of another collection. Even though they aren't great lyricists to me since all they talk about is drugs but it's very easy on the ear and their style is different. There are a few artists that i actually buy all of their cds because i like to see their progression in music and lyrics. But yes,i have pretty much all of tupacs cds, even the the last three ones taht are just different beats with his older lyrics. I bought those just to see what latest producers can do with his lyrics and also to add to the collection. I thought some of the songs on his soundtrack of his movie was really good. That's because you put some better beats, you have a better all around song.

Also, you are pretty childish with all the name calling and jokes. It already shows me you like Tupac because of location. Me being from North Carolina means nothing. Are you saying i can't know what good music is? Do you see me saying Petey Pablo is teh greatest because he's repping my state? No. But if you want to act like a child or an incoherent, go right ahead. I just wanted to point that out to you.

I'm still lost, you just said you have all then you said you have about all . I don't understand how someone could claim that 2pac is not that great, yet have all of his CD's....it seems like an oxymoron.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:51 AM
henry j

pac!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:11 AM
TimeAttkZ

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
I'm still lost, you just said you have all then you said you have about all . I don't understand how someone could claim that 2pac is not that great, yet have all of his CD's....it seems like an oxymoron.
Thats what Im sayin !!!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by Fiveseven
i seriously thought that too... anyway 2pac "all eyes on me"
hahahaha
Old 10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
It's not an oxymoran. I have all of Bone thugs cds, i don't believe their great, but i still like them. I have a lot of B.M.E records, i use it for bass purpose. I think they it's horrible rap but good beats that serve purpose for me.

I listen to Pac, i like him but i don't think he's the greatest. I think he's better than biggie in ways, and biggie is better than pac in some ways. This debate is not about who is the greatest of all time, it's between Pac and Biggie. So i would say Pac but not by a landslide.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
It's not an oxymoran. I have all of Bone thugs cds, i don't believe their great, but i still like them. I have a lot of B.M.E records, i use it for bass purpose. I think they it's horrible rap but good beats that serve purpose for me.

I listen to Pac, i like him but i don't think he's the greatest. I think he's better than biggie in ways, and biggie is better than pac in some ways. This debate is not about who is the greatest of all time, it's between Pac and Biggie. So i would say Pac but not by a landslide.

Last edited by Amiricanmade; 10-21-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:23 PM
TimeAttkZ

SuperBlack350z: Dont' get me wrong, i wouldn't have all of Tupac's cd's for no reason.
Do you actually think people bought buy a cd because words itself? You are a fool if you think that.
So you claim that he has no good beats. So that means you must have bought all his CD's for his lyrics ? Yet, you then say that theres much more to a rapper then his lyrics and without good beats they are nothing, which completely invalidates your purchases yet again.... Who's the fool here ???

. I have all of Tupac cd's because it's one of my few collections that i have.
Ahh that makes no sense If he is one of your few collections, then wouldn't he be one of your favorite artists considering the money invested and the rarity of you buying a collection of CD's. I'm sorry but everything you say contradicts itself and it just becomes confusing and annoying.

Your entitled to an opinion, yes. I just think If your going to argue your point you should be a little more organized in your thoughts. Sit back, think of something intelligent to say, and execute it in a manner that others can understand. Don't make yourself look foolish.

On another note...

Originally Posted by johzp
Superblack350z: I really want to know what you think good hip hop/rap is. You seem to be getting to...."songs have BASS thats why i listen to them" "they dont need to relate to me as long as they have BASS because relating songs to people is too easy" "If he sang about oranges and apples, I would listen to it if it had good beats and BASS"

Rap is in itself another form of poetry...and yeah when you read a poem (dont know if you have ever or not) do you say its crap because its sooo easy to relate it to people dying in the war and etc....and it has crappy beats? I think beats and rythm make a song a "SONG" if you didnt have anything you would just be talking right? These two elements make rap what it was and kinda is today...I can agree that todays rap/hiphop doesnt really attract me because they are always overplayed on the radios and all the songs talk about sex/money/sex/sex/clubbing....I think it all goes with the trend....tupac talked about what everyone wanted to hear and needed to know...today what rappers and hip hop talk about whats going on today....thats the sole reason we are interested and listen to their music. If you dont know the power of media..I suggest you take a class or do some research about it...as people we are all slaves to media whether you like it or not.... I bet if your fav rap star started to

anyways...I know that not all the songs tupac made were aimed to make an impact on people.....after all he is an entertainer and he needs to make money right =D But what makes him great is that over a decade later..people still listen to his words and are inspired...and most rappers hip hop artists today probably got into hip hop after listen to a biggie or tupac track.
+ 1 That was very well put.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 10-21-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by TimeAttkZ
So you claim that he has no good beats. So that means you must have bought all his CD's for his lyrics ? Yet, you then say that theres much more to a rapper then his lyrics and without good beats they are nothing, which completely invalidates your purchases yet again.... Who's the fool here ???

Ahh that makes no sense If he is one of your few collections, then wouldn't he be one of your favorite artists considering the money invested and the rarity of you buying a collection of CD's. I'm sorry but everything you say contradicts itself and it just becomes confusing and annoying.

Your entitled to an opinion, yes. I just think If your going to argue your point you should be a little more organized in your thoughts. Sit back, think of something intelligent to say, and execute it in a manner that others can understand. Don't make yourself look foolish.

On another note...

+ 1 That was very well put.

mmk, i'll try to retype for you to understand. I have few collections. Tupac is one of them. Just because i have all of his cds doesn't make him great. I said he is good, but not the greatest..which this whole thread is just about Pac and Biggie and not the best rapper ever.

I have over 10 B.M.E records, does that make them good rappers? nope. You are basically saying that i can't buy a cd unless the rapper is great. There is much more to music than just lyrics. You probably don't go to the clubs, so maybe you wouldn't know what else is out there. I'm not going to dance to tupac's cds. Do you get that? Music has a bunch of purposes. Rap can have different purposes. Are you saying i can't buy a collection of cds because the rapper is not good? i can't turn on and listen to rap stations because there are no "real" rap playing? Get real. You are a tupac fan, not a rap fan. Keep an open mind.

Bottom line, i have all of Tupac's cds. He's good, not the greatest IMO. Maybe for you since you are all over his nuts, but not me. You can say whatever you want about him because you are entitled to his music. I am a rap fan and i can use rap music for any purpose i choose to from playing it in my upgraded stereo to hear the beats to the lyrics that are said. Good rap would be the same and still be here if Tupac exhisted or not.

btw, i have a lot of rap cds. I buy cds all the time just because of one hit song and when i get home, if the rest of the music is garbage, i'll never buy a cd again. If the cd has atleast 4-5 good songs, i'll buy their next cd again. This is how one of my "collection" starts.

Let me ask you since you think you know rap music so much. What are good past and present good lyricist artists? What artists has beats you are into but are over all garbage? I want to see what your response is. Clearly from the way you talk, i can send you some acapella Tupac songs for you to bump to since beats don't matter.

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 10-21-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
TimeAttkZ

Are you saying i can't buy a collection of cds because the rapper is not good?
hahaha ummmm... Well if your smart you wouldn't buy a collection of CD's by a rapper you thought was not good.

Maybe for you since you are all over his nuts
Were you not that same person crying about name calling earlier in this thread ??? Do not resort to being a smart a$$ because your posts simply do not make sense to most of us. Your making this an argument about nothing, continuing to rant with no true purpose. Tupac will be considered great by the masses, whether you decide to agree or not.

Good rap would be the same and still be here if Tupac exhisted or not.
Thanks for the insight. Rap would be the same ? How the hell do you know that ? It is how Tupac forever changed the industry that makes him important and widely remembered. Like how any superstar athlete can change a sport forever. It has nothing to do with your personal feelings about that superstar. Personally, I cant stand many athletes nor do I like some of their attitudes. Yet, many of them I can admit have been great at the game they play, overcoming limits set by those before them or going where no one has gone before. That is undeniable. Many personally hate Barry Bonds. Was he a great baseball player nonetheless ? Absolutely.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 10-21-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
SuperBlack350z

hahaha ummmm... Well if your smart you wouldn't buy a collection of CD's by a rapper you thought was not good.
That's exactly my point. My collections have different purposes. If i'm going to do a local single sub competition, i'm not using my Tupac cd. I'd use one of my bass COLLECTIONS, which has nothing to do with the lyrics. Just quit typing. You are just typing one sentence non sense questions and statements. I'm not sure if you even listen to rap to know what good rap is. You are probably caught up in the Tupac hype as well.

please answer my other questions or ask or say something that is someone intelligent to rap music.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

ROUND 1.................FIGHT!

Old 10-21-2007, 11:34 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
ROUND 1.................FIGHT!

LOL.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:38 PM
SuperBlack350z

Were you not that same person crying about name calling earlier in this thread ??? Do not resort to being a smart a$$ because your posts simply do not make sense to most of us. Your making this an argument about nothing, continuing to rant with no true purpose. Tupac will be considered great by the masses, whether you decide to agree or not.

Thanks for the insight. Rap would be the same ? How the hell do you know that ? It is how Tupac forever changed the industry that makes him important and widely remembered. Like how any superstar athlete can change a sport forever. It has nothing to do with your personal feelings about that superstar. Personally, I cant stand many athletes nor do I like some of their attitudes. Yet, many of them I can admit have been great at the game they play, overcoming limits set by those before them or going where no one has gone before. That is undeniable. Many personally hate Barry Bonds. Was he a great baseball player nonetheless ? Absolutely.
How is saying that you are on his nuts attacking you? anyways...

please stick on the topic about rap and not athletes. That can be debated in a different thread.

You still haven't answered my questions. Tell me what rappers you think are good lyricists and then tell me rappers that have good producers with good beats(you can dislike the rapper if you'd like).

I'm really curious what you have to say. You talk all of this rap stuff like you listen to it so you should know very well.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:38 PM
TimeAttkZ

please stick on the topic about rap and not athletes.
lol why, because it's perfectly relevant and devastating to your case ?

please answer my other questions or ask or say something that is someone intelligent to rap music.
WTF haha
You really shouldn't use the word intelligent in a sentence like that

Go one with the thread everyone...

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 10-21-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:41 PM
SuperBlack350z

A mod mine as well move this thread to off topic because you are not even on the subject anymore. Go back and read all of your posts in this thread. It's all worthless.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 PM
SuperBlack350z

Like i said, you aren't even into rap music. You can't even list any good rappers. You might be a home bodied type of guy who play videogames and listen to tupac or whatever but that's all you know. Rap has so many purposes and you are getting on me with my collections. Go to the club, maybe you'll hear Tupac playing. You can get on everyone at the club dancing to "bad" rappers.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:58 PM
TimeAttkZ

Dude, If you want to attempt to make personal shots at me because this thread embarrassed you, then go ahead and PM me. Nobody wants to here us ramble on any longer. Especially when your posts lack any sense of grammar whatsoever.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 10-22-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
SuperBlack350z

Dude, If you want to attempt to make personal shots at me because this thread embarrassed you then go ahead and PM me. Nobody wants to here us ramble on any longer. Especially when your posts lack any sense of grammar whatsoever.
you are talking about everything besides this thread. What does my grammer have to do with anything? You act like it's impossible to comprehend what i'm saying. Plus, how can this thread embarrass me? lol. This is a subjective debate that will never have a right answer. Sorry, i don't get embarrased by non rap enthusiasts telling me what they think they know.

Well if you're done, you're done. I'm still talking to the other guys about the debate. You really don't need to add in nonsense if it doesn't help. That's called worthless posts. And if you think i'm attacking you , i'm not. I'm simply responding to all of your posts about what i'm saying.With the new forum rules, i'm not going to get banned over a tupac and biggie debate.

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 10-22-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: 2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?