Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?

Another one of Ben's boredom surveys

2pac- |

Biggie-

Y, I think 2pac is a lyrical genius with powerful words and hella albums to back up his bark. He makes me want to be an "outlaw westside till we die" out here in cali we'll bomb on ya *****
Old 10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Comparing these two rappers is like comparing apples and oranges. They both are great in their own way and it just depends on what your taste is.

Tupac is more of a poet and writes more meaningful lyrics/songs about African American struggles, politics, poverty, single mothers, life in the hood, and just life in general. Although he can turn it up a notch and sing in his arrogant style like in "Hit 'em Up", "When We Ride On Our Enemies", etc he is capable of toning it down...showing more of his artistic side and singing from his soul and heart like in "Dear Mama", "Changes", "Life Goes on" etc. He's also great with metaphorically expressing things such as the song "Me and my Girlfriend" where he uses a GF as a metaphor for his gun. The lyrics in that song are pure genius! He has a a very strong voice and the best description I heard about his voice was from Shock G stating that when Tupac raps it sounds as if he is singing from the pit of his stomach since he brings so much energy to the mic.

Biggie is more focused on style and is more of an entertainer and lyricist. He is more of a freestyle rapper and can make anything sound smooth and pleasing to the ear. The best example is how he can make something as simple as spelling out his own name sound good in "Going Back to Cali" where he goes, "It's the N-O, T-O, R-I-O, U-S, you just, lay down, slow" Not many people can say something that simple and make it sound good while rolling with a beat. His lyrics do not have much depth when compared to Tupac, but he had a really smooth rhythm and tone and if you put him on a freestyle stage to battle...he would throw down. Here is one of my favorite freestyles that he did on the Funkmaster flex CD:

Biggie Freestyle (Explicit Lyrics)

My personal vote goes to Tupac since I prefer depth over style and of course I was born and raised in Cali. However, like The Game said..."Love 2pac to death, but still bump Biggie!"

Last edited by Rickdogg; 10-19-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Nice post. Pretty much my sentiments. Overall I think biggie is a better rapper, whereas tupac is more about emotion and feelings.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Sensi09
^Nice post. Pretty much my sentiments. Overall I think biggie is a better rapper, whereas tupac is more about emotion and feelings.
Thanks. I just think it comes down to what your preference is as the definition of a rapper is very vague.

Rapper (Noun)-a person who performs rap music, esp. professionally.
There are so many different styles among the mainstream artists all the way down to the underground artists, so it is hard to say who is the "Best rapper." I think it is more appropriate when someone says...so and so is the best freestyle rapper, and so and so is the best metaphorical rapper, etc...etc. There is just too much to list and break down but you get the general direction i'm headed.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 PM
failsafe306

I think i have to go with 2pac, even though he kinda turned into a bastard in his last couple of years. Anyone who has the ***** to say "you claim to be a playa but i fcked your wife" deserves my vote. Seriously though, he was an amazing lyricist/rapper and was extremely intelligent. They both were great though and it's a shame they went out the way they did.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
LouiZ

tupac all day er'day...biggie is good too but tupac is the man
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I think i have to go with 2pac, even though he kinda turned into a bastard in his last couple of years. Anyone who has the ***** to say "you claim to be a playa but i fcked your wife" deserves my vote. Seriously though, he was an amazing lyricist/rapper and was extremely intelligent. They both were great though and it's a shame they went out the way they did.
His level of intelligence was definitely up there. He was very well read which was apparent in the lyrics of a lot of his songs, which is why his songs tend to be deeper than most. I personally like him more because of this.... you have to respect a person that takes the time to better themselves intellectually. On top of that he was fit too, whereas Biggie....ummmm not so much.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:12 PM
slowxturtle

2Pac became an a$$, I assume because his producer was an a$$, death row's Suge Knight. They created that image to up the sales. It was about business. 2Pac had so much talent, it's rediculous. Biggie's style was good, but doesn't compare to 2Pac's. 2Pac's voice was crisp, I just can't explain in words. My favorite 2Pac lines, "I'm still tipsy from last night. Bump into the wall as I fall, addicted to the fast life."
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard to me to answer I grew up in the same area as Biggie and remember him even before he got famous. I like 2Pac's style even though west coast rap is not my cup of tea. Biggie has some crazy lyrics which to me and how I grew up is what catches my interests however 2Pac had some lyrics also. Kinda hard to pick which one I prefer but to me catchy lines aint ****, lyrics and abilty to battle and hold ones own is rein supreme and that sets you apart from the rest.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Panda350z

2pac hands down!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM
deviljon

pac was g'd up from the feet up, he made TONS of good music and i still bump his **** to this day. he was a poet/rapper/preacher and can never be replaced. "say what you say, but gimme that bomb beat from Dre lemme serenade the streets of LA"

biggie was good and definitely a lyricists as well but honestly, he only had a handful of hits.

one thing for sure is if any of these 2 rappers were still alive, you wouldn't see all these wack *** rappers on the radio today.

in the end, my vote goes to 2pac.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:38 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tupac gets my vote, but hey i'm Armenian that's a given. lol
Old 10-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Tubbs

I'm on the side of righteousness.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"Side" WTF?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
jkim

tupac has more meaningful words
Old 10-19-2007, 09:52 PM
ANXIOUZ

Geezus, the notorious PIG was a fudging terrible lyricists. He had maybe 2-3 songs that were listenable...the rest were pure marketing. BIG FTMFL.

2Pac seemed to use "penitentiary" in just about every song but overall he had more interesting things to say. And more interesting production values.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
FLZ_Boy

50 c
Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Mazinger Z

This thread is about a decade too late. LOL
Old 10-20-2007, 12:19 AM
gsazabi

2pac owns all
Old 10-20-2007, 12:28 AM
SuperBlack350z

I have about all of tupac's cds and i can honestly say he's not even great. he has some good songs like other rappers but his good song:song ratio, it's pretty bad. There is a lot more to a rapper than what he says in the song. 2pac would of been a lot better if he had better beats with his music. He still has tons of hits though. He's a very smart person which i think made him who he is.

Also, i've notice anyone from Cali is goign to choose Tupac as a better rapper over all. Me, born and raised in Cali, i feel that they're a lot better out there.

Quick Reply: 2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?