Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Pics of my new mod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:18 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sad thing about car shows out here is hed wing alot more if he did tail and headlight conversions so you couldnt tell what the hells his car is.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:10 PM
imZman

Default BigBadBlackTrack

I must know what kind of rear wing is on your ride...Your car looks amazing. Best Z I've seen so far.

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:39 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
BigBadBlackTrack,

1st: Your 350Z is "Off The Charts!"

2nd: You should handidly win many Car Shows/Awards.

3rd: Any Forced-Induction planned?

4th: Your 350Z is "Off The Charts!"
thanks for the praises that means a lot.

no i never win car shows because of the same reason that ihatebobbarker just mentioned.

the car turns a lot of heads and attracts a lot of attention. but i guess the judges just doesnt know what bride, hre, veilside, takata or clarion are coz to them its the same as apc or matrix. i bet you if i painted my car yellow and put some skyline headlights and tail lights i would win LOL.

yes a turbo is being considered. we are still awaiting news from one of the japanese manufacturers. once the sound system is done the only thing left untouched in the car is the engine and suspension.

imZman:
its a veilside version 1 wing. there are 3 separate versions... but i think the version one is the cleanest one.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:44 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack

no i never win car shows because of the same reason that ihatebobbarker just mentioned.

the car turns a lot of heads and attracts a lot of attention. but i guess the judges just doesnt know what bride, hre, veilside, takata or clarion are coz to them its the same as apc or matrix. i bet you if i painted my car yellow and put some skyline headlights and tail lights i would win LOL.

yes a turbo is being considered. we are still awaiting news from one of the japanese manufacturers. once the sound system is done the only thing left untouched in the car is the engine and suspension.

imZman:
its a veilside version 1 wing. there are 3 separate versions... but i think the version one is the cleanest one.
Yeah, you're right! I remember last year at HIN (this weekend here in Dallas by the way) where my Lexus was entered and even though it is CLEAN and TASTEFUL as could possibly be...The judges don't really spend alot of time at your car unless it has stickers out the a**, vibrant paint schemes, and elaborate stage props surrounding the car........
Old 07-28-2003, 05:08 PM
imZman

Default Still Drooling, that is a sick ride!! Congrates

Did you have to fill in your OEM holes for the from the stock wing or does the VeilSide use the same hole locations?

Sorry off topic...But when you see something you like you have to ask questions.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:51 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imZman:

I rarely attend these car shows anymore because its gotten to the point where you're not being judged for taste but more for how radical you can get your ride.

The whole "import scene" has totally "evolved" *emphasis on the quotations* into something along the lines of a car "freak" show. When I was in my teens I remember really nice cars winning...vehicles you could see yourself rolling in. These days the cars that take the trophy are the ones straight out of a comic book.

Winners from the last car show I went to (Xtreme autofest) proved to me that the "import scene" is nothing special anymore. The cars I really love didn't place high because they weren't "comic book" enough or didn't have that extra micro-wave in the rear seat.

I say F*ck that...because no one in their right mind would want to be seen in something like that on the street anyway. But if you could get away with having a smooth ride on the street and in the show....then power to you!
Old 07-28-2003, 05:53 PM
BJF2K

I feel ya...
Old 07-28-2003, 07:18 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
I rarely attend these car shows anymore because its gotten to the point where you're not being judged for taste but more for how radical you can get your ride.

The whole "import scene" has totally "evolved" *emphasis on the quotations* into something along the lines of a car "freak" show. When I was in my teens I remember really nice cars winning...vehicles you could see yourself rolling in. These days the cars that take the trophy are the ones straight out of a comic book.

Winners from the last car show I went to (Xtreme autofest) proved to me that the "import scene" is nothing special anymore. The cars I really love didn't place high because they weren't "comic book" enough or didn't have that extra micro-wave in the rear seat.

I say F*ck that...because no one in their right mind would want to be seen in something like that on the street anyway. But if you could get away with having a smooth ride on the street and in the show....then power to you!
thanks man! that means a lot especially from the guy that thought i should have won the Import Extreme show at San Diego. That show still bothers me at nights. hahaha.

kidding aside its all good as long as you guys appreciate the car for what it is then were all happy. maybe we'll get lucky and actually get a magazine coverage for the car in the future. that should be fun knowing that at this very thread youve seen the car evolve to what it is today and what it will be in the future.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:33 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

not to bash anyone but heres an example. thats a team mate of ours. and he always brings home trophies... can you even tell what car that is?
Old 07-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you know... a certain kit is 90% completed.... for US spec Zs...

:P

and its NOT greddy...

Old 07-28-2003, 08:40 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

Originally posted by Chebosto
you know... a certain kit is 90% completed.... for US spec Zs...

:P

and its NOT greddy...
booooo! you always have the 1st news about these things hahaha. keep it on the down low. LoL
Old 07-28-2003, 09:40 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

someone was saying import revolution is where i should debut my car so i score well because thats the only show with good judges.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:15 AM
35oZephyR

not to bash anyone but heres an example. thats a team mate of ours. and he always brings home trophies... can you even tell what car that is?
looks like a cross between an Aston Martin and an MR2 spyder.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:17 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

ding ding ding

and if i remember correctly it had altima lights all around

i hung out with team showcase for a while that night hes probably the only person i didnt say anything to.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:52 AM
ShOwCaSeTypeS
Banned

Nice Car
Old 07-29-2003, 01:25 PM
1000HP

Tight combo. I especially like the spoiler. Can we get more shots from the back?
Old 08-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Elitemotion

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
looks like a cross between an Aston Martin and an MR2 spyder.
and he sells the kit for about 15k
Old 08-01-2003, 03:13 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

1000HP: its just the Veilside Version 1 wing in carbon fiber. do a search for "veilside verison 1" here in the forums and you'll get A LOT of pics.

Elitemotion: he did mention that he made these kits. but i had no idea it could cost that much! regardless the kits were clean and it can fool anyone including me. I woundnt have thought that it was an mr2 if i saw it.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:16 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

update after weeks of suffering in the garage me and my friends gutted the whole car to run the wires. and we did the whole trunk to look like this. Real Carbon Fiber
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my new mod.-dsc00907-small-.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 03:19 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

then it became this...
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my new mod.-dsc00922-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pics of my new mod.