Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

is california tint open?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default is california tint open?

hi guys... based off forum recommendations i want to take my car to california tint in rosemead to get the side windows and maybe the front tinted to match the rear. i've been calling them for the past couple of days to get an appointment and a quote but no one's picking up, and there's no voicemail. i know some of you are good friends with lots of shop owners and was wondering if by any chance anyone knows if theyre open or if they're on vacation or something. i don't wanna drive out there and find that theyre closed.

thanks and happy holidays!!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:55 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should be open. what number did u use to call?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

the number that's all over the internet and also posted here by members? i thought i'd misdialed too, i checked it like 5 times.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:57 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

do they have a different #?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:01 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call again, they just answered
Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

GAH wtf are you serious... thanks though. ugh my LUCK i hate it.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:04 PM
iStan
ZR

No, I'm lieing to you because it's fun. Of course I'm serious.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:05 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

THANKS GUYS i <3 this forum...yay i'm gonna get dressed and go.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:10 PM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
THANKS GUYS i <3 this forum...yay i'm gonna get dressed and go.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please don't tint the front window... Unless your talking about a super super super light tint..
Old 12-28-2007, 12:40 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

yeah i just talked to the guy and he's like ummm you dont wanna do your front... it's like a $500 ticket... so no front. hah i'm a noob when it comes to exact tinting laws. i just looked them up and.. um.. wow, fascist state we live in.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:57 PM
c3 rolling

the penalty of living in a lame *** liberal state
Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
yeah i just talked to the guy and he's like ummm you dont wanna do your front... it's like a $500 ticket... so no front. hah i'm a noob when it comes to exact tinting laws. i just looked them up and.. um.. wow, fascist state we live in.
In California you can only tint the rear window and any side window EXCEPT the drivers window and front passenger window. This is the legal law. To me, if your going to tint the windows on the Z, you gotta tint the drivers and driver passenger window because that’s just what makes the Z look nicer. I have a pretty dark tint(not limo, but close) and so far(knock on wood) have not been bothered by any LEO. I have heard some LEO’s make comments though that as long as they can see you, they don’t care. I do however try to remember to roll my windows down anytime I see officers during the day just incase. One recommendation I make is although the dark windows look nice(I love mine) it really makes it a pain while trying to back out or look through your side windows at night. On the freeway it’s ok because you can still see light from peoples headlights but when you are in small residential streets with poor street lighting, it can be rather bothersome. I typically just roll my windows down when backing out but since it’s been cold lately, that is kind of a pain also. So my ultimate recommendation is get something around 65-45% transparent. Avoid the 30-10% cause that's when it gets too dark.(IMO) Because the Z’s have black cloth/leather interior, even with light tint, the tint will still look a lot darker on the car, then it does if you were to just hold it up to the day light.

Hope this helps your shopping. 

Last edited by stylett9; 12-28-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:12 PM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

wow its $500 now? I havnt had any front window tint in years, but my last front window tint ticket was only like ~$100-150
Old 12-28-2007, 05:49 PM
06r33z

Originally Posted by HR Autoparts
wow its $500 now? I havnt had any front window tint in years, but my last front window tint ticket was only like ~$100-150
The last window tint ticket i got was a fix it lol. wow 500?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:52 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by 06r33z
The last window tint ticket i got was a fix it lol. wow 500?

i dont wanna get messed with for a stupid front window tint so i didnt go with one. also, HI RALPH!

stylett--thx for taking the time to type that.. honestly i just went there, saw a 6 series on the lot that had limo tint on the rear like mine, front driver/pass side were a nice shade, not blacked out but still kinda dark, told the guy i wanted that

and MAN.. i love california tint. the main guy who was working [unfortunately didn't catch his name.. white guy with buzzed head] was sooo nice, as were the workers.. they had their hands full with a lottt of customer cars and half the staff but they still took my car in [hahah.. first the guy was like 'nooo i can't we're so busy' and i was cool with coming back tomorrow.. but i told him i'd wait and he's like oh.. like that in a girl, patience and then the workers were all like nahh man it's cool we'll do it.. he's like you're lucky you're a girl, they've got a soft spot for girls LOL. i got there a little past 330 and he told me that i'd probably have to wait til 6 cuz they had a long row of cars to work on ahead of mine but then... next thing i knew it was 4:30 and they were done with mine. it pays to be a girls sometimes hahah.
just the two side windows = $40 w/lifetime guarantee, and a very nice clean job at that, highest recommendations for these guys.
the guy totally kept his cool too.. this DOUCHE of an acura driver came in a little after me and wanted his whole car done, the guy was telling him he REALLY couldnt do it, they'd be here til 7 and they're supposed to close at 6.. the guy just refused to leave. claimed he'd called an hour earlier and gotten a quote of $120 from someone [which is reeeeally cheap.. the guy kind of balked when he heard that] and demanded they tint his car since he drove an hour from anaheim to get here. it was hilarious.. the guy was like um, i live in anaheim.. i dont think it took you an hour.. even in traffic.. [which admittedly it could have, but still.. all of LA was trafficky. it took me a good 40 mins to get there when it shouldnt have taken more than 20. whiny *** *****.] they went outside and i dunno wtf the douche said to him but he got what he wanted. i hope they made his *** wait as long as possible. i hate whiny people with no respect for people who work hard.. come on it's friday night, you're making these guys work so late, and you're forcing the owner to pay them overtime.. come onnnn. ugh.

anywayyyyyyyy. long *** story. thanks all, the end.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
terrorist22

I got limo tint for the rear, and the side windows. 50% for the passenger and driver windows... and the police haven't even looked twice (yet). Which is kinda weird since I was pulled over in Irvine twice; one for not having a front license plate (the plate was on my dash) and for illegal tint (not even 50%), for an SC400. I wasn't even speeding. In high school, I was pulled over by a supposedly racist cop for illegal tint and again I wasn't driving fast at all. In the end they were all fix-it tickets... I'm not even aware of the $500 fine.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i'm sure if you dont fix it there's a sizeable fine. i dunno about $500 but whatev.