Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Took my G37 to WCN for first oil change....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Took my G37 to WCN for first oil change....

Been going to west covina nissan since i had my Z. They have always been great to me and gave me a lot of attention while providing excellent service in a facility that was just top notch (just having the luxury to stand by your car as they work on it is awesome...no other dealership let me do that). I've gone through a few service writers from Frank...to Tim....to Heri. And they were the reasons (including Jeff Hess' welcoming and accomodating nature) why i was a loyal WCN customer. I have an Infiniti dealership just 15 min. away from my home and I commute 40 miles just to tget my car serviced at WCN.

Recently, there have been some posts by quite a few members about their service slipping. Plus the departure of Frank, Tim, and recently Heri began to worry me. As of right now they do not have one specific person to handle the "G/Z forum members" to get that extra personal touch.

I went in anyway and wanted to see for myself:

Set up an appointment with "Steven" at 7:30. I got there a little late and was written up at 8:00. Steven didn't seem as accomodating as Tim or Heri and didn't really give me the feeling I was a "special member", though I did get the "forum discounts". Maybe because he was very busy. It is a saturday. So after an hour they finally got my car up on a lift. The tech who worked on my car (his name was Rick) was very cool. We started talking about car stuff as he worked on my car. About 20 min. later I was out the door.

my verdict: doesn't have that warm and fuzzy feeling when you get in...but they were fast, made sure everyting was done right, and I got to inspect the work first hand. definatley a better situation than paying Santa Monica Infiniti, or Miller Infiniti, or Thousand Oaks Infiniti $100 for a synthetic oil change (mobil 1). Got it done for 1/2 the price for Motul oil plus the usuall inspection. sure i didn't get to sit in an Infiniti waiting room equipped with nice wood panels, a flat screen tv, and service people acting like they'd fetch your slippers....but I did get honest work, at a reasonable price, done at a reasonable time, with knowledgable people. I'll be going back again...and leave it to Infiniti for warranty work....
Old 02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
xkevon

wth they give you forum discounts??
Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cvt
Been going to west covina nissan since i had my Z. They have always been great to me and gave me a lot of attention while providing excellent service in a facility that was just top notch (just having the luxury to stand by your car as they work on it is awesome...no other dealership let me do that). I've gone through a few service writers from Frank...to Tim....to Heri. And they were the reasons (including Jeff Hess' welcoming and accomodating nature) why i was a loyal WCN customer. I have an Infiniti dealership just 15 min. away from my home and I commute 40 miles just to tget my car serviced at WCN.

Recently, there have been some posts by quite a few members about their service slipping. Plus the departure of Frank, Tim, and recently Heri began to worry me. As of right now they do not have one specific person to handle the "G/Z forum members" to get that extra personal touch.

I went in anyway and wanted to see for myself:

Set up an appointment with "Steven" at 7:30. I got there a little late and was written up at 8:00. Steven didn't seem as accomodating as Tim or Heri and didn't really give me the feeling I was a "special member", though I did get the "forum discounts". Maybe because he was very busy. It is a saturday. So after an hour they finally got my car up on a lift. The tech who worked on my car (his name was Rick) was very cool. We started talking about car stuff as he worked on my car. About 20 min. later I was out the door.

my verdict: doesn't have that warm and fuzzy feeling when you get in...but they were fast, made sure everyting was done right, and I got to inspect the work first hand. definatley a better situation than paying Santa Monica Infiniti, or Miller Infiniti, or Thousand Oaks Infiniti $100 for a synthetic oil change (mobil 1). Got it done for 1/2 the price for Motul oil plus the usuall inspection. sure i didn't get to sit in an Infiniti waiting room equipped with nice wood panels, a flat screen tv, and service people acting like they'd fetch your slippers....but I did get honest work, at a reasonable price, done at a reasonable time, with knowledgable people. I'll be going back again...and leave it to Infiniti for warranty work....

I couldn't agree more with you. The warm feeling isn't quite there as much, but it's still a much better place to be going then a "typical" dealer with cranky shady people.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
carfi179

Nice write up, sucks we don't have a go to guy like Heri anymore but I hope soon enough they let us know who will replace him.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't the discount over since January?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by Boba
Wasn't the discount over since January?

i believe the forum discount he's referring to is the great price on the motul oil.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
cvt

Originally Posted by stylett9
i believe the forum discount he's referring to is the great price on the motul oil.
yes....it's a motul oil change with usual inspection (inflate tires, top fluids, etc.) for $50. Infiniti dealrships were quoting me $70-$100 for just a mobil 1 synthetic oil change, and $30 if I brought my own oil, what a joke....don't they know you can go to walmart and pick up a 5 qt jug of mobil 1 synthetic for $21???...LOL
Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
9kFever

Originally Posted by cvt
yes....it's a motul oil change with usual inspection (inflate tires, top fluids, etc.) for $50. Infiniti dealrships were quoting me $70-$100 for just a mobil 1 synthetic oil change, and $30 if I brought my own oil, what a joke....don't they know you can go to walmart and pick up a 5 qt jug of mobil 1 synthetic for $21???...LOL
How many miles are on the g37? A little early for full syn no?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Grommit

Hey, were you in a gray sweatshirt? Black G37? I was there today at 7:30 getting my Z serviced.

Steven is great in my book. He's not fake like other people are/were. He works hard for you and doesn't feed ya BS; thats all I really care for. I don't need someone to pretend to be my friend every where I go.

Also, its pretty busy on Saturdays so I'm sure he had a lot on his mind. I wouldn't sweat it too much... He was kind enough to get me a rental because he was concerned my hub/bearing issue was a safety risk (didn't have the parts in stock to fix it today). When I was there earlier in the week, he spent an extra 30 minutes with me under my Z checking on things himself and answering all my retarded questions. I never had that type of treatment at the other dealerships down here.

The service is great and the people working the counter are very friendly (some of them are even cute ). Its also nice to be able to walk into the work area and check on your car as they service it. Thats one of the main reasons I drove up to WCN from HB. Very much worth the trip.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

"Warm and fuzzy feeling?" It's an oil change, I'm not sure what you guys are expecting.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by Sensi09
"Warm and fuzzy feeling?" It's an oil change, I'm not sure what you guys are expecting.
i take it you have never been to WCN when Frank, Tim, and Heri was around?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

I've been to WCN before and after the changes. I've also gone to performance previously when some of them were around. Good guys no doubt, but again it's an oil change. I've mentioned it in another thread, but I honestly don't notice a difference after the changes. Make friends with the new guys, they're good people too.

I don't have that many expectations when I go for a service, just write me up, service the car and get me out of there ASAP. I'm all for talking to other enthusiasts and just basic friendly conversation, but it's not like you can't do that with the people that are currently there.

Not taking anything away from the three, but I believe one of them is currently at metro nissan in montclair. As good as he may be, there's no way I'm going there for service. It's about the dealership as a whole, the technicians along with everyone else, not just the service writers.

Oh and I wouldn't want forum members to get preferential treatment. Anyone bringing their car in, regardless of whether it's a Z/G or whatever should get equal treatment.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

One thing I don't understand are all these WCN threads. It's usually something along the lines like, "I got an oil change, they're the greatest." Or "I got an oil change, but it took forever, they suck." It's just a regular service, it's really not a big deal.

If I'm not mistaken this it at least your second thread about getting an oil change at WCN. I appreciate the time, but imagine if everyone made threads about this.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
cvt

wow....i think you need to take a nap...
Old 02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
E K

I was there this morning for a transmission oil change and diff oil change for my blue G35. Got there at 7:20, and then a bunch of people showed up soon after that. Overall they seem to be doing a good job.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
madpanda

Wow you can actually watch the techs service your car.
If I ever need some major maintenence I'll be heading to WCN.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Grommit

Originally Posted by madpanda
Wow you can actually watch the techs service your car.
If I ever need some major maintenence I'll be heading to WCN.
Yep. Just stay out of their way of course. I did my own visual inspection while my car was up in the air and got a much better look at things than when I'm in my garage on jack stands.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
E K

We're allowed into the work area? Most places don't even let you get close due to liability risks.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by E K
We're allowed into the work area? Most places don't even let you get close due to liability risks.
WCN is fully insured for customers to roam the service area. it really is neat getting to watch them as they work on your car...i don't know of any dealership that does that...
Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

cvt.... thanks for the kind words.
We are still working with our writers on our "warm and fuzzy" stuff. Ruben (Service Director) is doing a great job turning the service dept around and I think your seeing the first signs of that. For everyone who isn't aware, you are more than welcome in our shop when your car is being working on. We have nothing to hide and it's a chance for you to get a different view of your car.... from the under side. All we ask is you give the tech plenty of space to get the job done and move on to the next customer.
Just wanted to say thanks to all our supporters and for sticking with us while we went through our growing pains. Ruben really does care, be sure and let him know if there is anything you need when your here at the store. Also, please bring up any suggestions or complaints to him while your here. He can't fix it if he doesn't know it's not working.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Took my G37 to WCN for first oil change....