Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Best Dealer for waranty and service in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003 | 02:03 PM
OC_350Z

Default Best Dealer for waranty and service in SoCal

Hey everybody, which dealer down here is the best for warranty and service work? I have some minor issues with the car I need to get taken care of. I was wonder if anyone could recomend a certine dealer that does good work. Thank you in advance
Old 06-23-2003 | 02:54 PM
hfm

Default Re: Best Dealer for waranty and service in SoCal

Originally posted by OC_350Z
Hey everybody, which dealer down here is the best for warranty and service work? I have some minor issues with the car I need to get taken care of. I was wonder if anyone could recomend a certine dealer that does good work. Thank you in advance
Torrance Nissan. See Brett Lang, Service Manager and have the work done by Mike, the Auto Tech. Tell them Dan referred you over to them. These guys will take care of you.
Old 06-23-2003 | 04:53 PM
frenzee

I would NOT recommend Irvine Nissan. Connel seems to be OK, but not outstanding.
Old 06-23-2003 | 07:00 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

Default Service.

I recommend Power Nissan in Torrance. I had my 7500 mi service done and he Brett was very nice and informative. If you go on a weekend maksure you get a appointment. I must have seen 4 Z's while I was waiting. I met Iris and her man there too.

btw. Iris how did you like your service at Torrance? (If you're out there)

I also like Mossy Oceanside I had my first service done there. Mossy also has a bunch of Z and nismo accessories which are cool if you're into it. Plus the Mossy performance manager is there. Greg I think is his name.

Peace

Tenn_SZ

Last edited by Tenn_SZ; 06-23-2003 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2003 | 08:47 PM
n8vz

that is odd. I had an oil change at Power Nissan Irvine and it was a good experience. Frenzee, what didn't you like about the place?
Old 06-23-2003 | 10:00 PM
MATIX

don't go to riverside nissan
Old 06-24-2003 | 11:32 AM
OC_350Z

Default Re: Re: Best Dealer for waranty and service in SoCal

Originally posted by hfm
Torrance Nissan. See Brett Lang, Service Manager and have the work done by Mike, the Auto Tech. Tell them Dan referred you over to them. These guys will take care of you.
Thank you maybe I will try them. Has anyone heard anything about Tustin Nissan?
Old 06-24-2003 | 12:36 PM
iris

Default Re: Service.

Originally posted by Tenn_SZ
I recommend Power Nissan in Torrance. I had my 7500 mi service done and he Brett was very nice and informative. If you go on a weekend maksure you get a appointment. I must have seen 4 Z's while I was waiting. I met Iris and her man there too.

btw. Iris how did you like your service at Torrance? (If you're out there)
What's up Tennessee? Nice to see you on the board and it was definitely cool to meet a fellow my350z person in "real life."

I was very happy with Brett Lang at Torrance. We talked, he knew I babied my car and was obsessed about it, and he put any doubts I had to rest.

The oil change took awhile (b/c of other cars in line), but you can always walk over to the Del Amo mall (it's about 1/2 mile away) or eat at Lucille's BBQ.

I was ALSO very happy to see plenty of Z's there. It meant that 1) they had done plenty of work on Z's, and 2) they were not going to joy ride in my Z.

Whatever you do, don't go to Universal City Nissan. They are asswipes.
Old 06-24-2003 | 01:19 PM
350z4steve

Default Re: Re: Service.

Originally posted by iris
What's up Tennessee? Nice to see you on the board and it was definitely cool to meet a fellow my350z person in "real life."

I was very happy with Brett Lang at Torrance. We talked, he knew I babied my car and was obsessed about it, and he put any doubts I had to rest.

The oil change took awhile (b/c of other cars in line), but you can always walk over to the Del Amo mall (it's about 1/2 mile away) or eat at Lucille's BBQ.

I was ALSO very happy to see plenty of Z's there. It meant that 1) they had done plenty of work on Z's, and 2) they were not going to joy ride in my Z.

what about universal although I never been there for service its close to my work ..have you had or anyone on this forum bad experiences there?
Old 06-24-2003 | 02:17 PM
OC_350Z

I think Iris said it best:
"Whatever you do, don't go to Universal City Nissan. They are asswipes."

I had maybe one of the worest car buying experiences there. I would avoid that place at all cost. They strickly prey on people that have bad credit or new credit. They are totally not interested in you unless they know they can rape you on interest rates or other hidden charges. When they found out I had great credit and already had a loan, they left me sitting in an office for 40 minutes alone. I tried to leave and couldn't get my keys to my car back for another 15. If this is how they treat you to your face, just imagion what they would do to your car when you are not around.
Old 06-24-2003 | 03:31 PM
iris

Default Re: Re: Re: Service.

Originally posted by 350z4steve
what about universal although I never been there for service its close to my work ..have you had or anyone on this forum bad experiences there?
to make a long story short, they drove my car 6 miles while doing an oil change.

WTF?? Just cuz I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't love my car and know the EXACT MILEAGE you buttplugs.

I wrote letters to UCN owners, managers, and NNA complaining. So safe to say I'm never going back there.

Torrance, I'm happy to say, added 0 miles to the odometer.
Old 06-24-2003 | 03:41 PM
suprblkperformance

Default Universal suck!!!!

I got my car there, only because I got a real good deal because my brother got a Sentra at the same time, but they really suck. They chromed the factory rims and wanted $1600 for them, so I told them nmo way I was paying. They told me to bring the car back the next day to switch them, since the service department was already closed. I went back and after waiting for 30 minutes they told me they didn't have a car to switch the wheels with. This pissed me off cause its like 30 minutes from where I live. They called 2 days later and told me they had a car and that I should come in. When I got there they took my car, and after an hour of waiting I asked what was going on. They told me that they once again couldn't find a car to switch the wheels with. I demanded the car back and told them to call only if/when they had the car in front of them. That was 3 weeks ago, and as of right now the car with the wheels has 1800 miles on it. So in the end I think I got the wheels for free, but that was a real crappy thing for them to do to me.
Old 06-24-2003 | 03:42 PM
BullishZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Service.

I've actually had pretty good service with Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. Mark Nutter, who is a service manager there happens to own his own 350Z. He's seems pretty smart and well informed with things regarding the 350Z. I'm sure Torrance Nissan's service is excellent. I just can't justify driving 40 mins to get an excellent service on my car, when a pretty damn good service job can be done just 2 blocks away from my home.
Old 06-24-2003 | 03:42 PM
350z4steve

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Service.

Originally posted by iris
to make a long story short, they drove my car 6 miles while doing an oil change.

WTF?? Just cuz I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't love my car and know the EXACT MILEAGE you buttplugs.

I wrote letters to UCN owners, managers, and NNA complaining. So safe to say I'm never going back there.

Torrance, I'm happy to say, added 0 miles to the odometer.
guess ill stay with servicing in OC then..

thanks iris
Old 06-24-2003 | 03:48 PM
90260Z

Hey, how about Gadena Nissan? I got good buying experience there. Anyone experience with the service department?
Old 06-24-2003 | 05:17 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

Yeah Brett was really into it. He brought out the Nismo catalouge and was pointing at the new S-Tune stuff. He was really cool and really nice. Props to him and his staff.

Yeah on the weekends it will be a long line so break out your Nikes a hike to the Mall. Yeah my girlfriend picked me up and we, err I mean she, she went shopping.

Well I hope to come out to the next So Cal meet and hang out with the rest of you freaks!!

:
Old 06-24-2003 | 06:07 PM
frenzee

Originally posted by n8vz
that is odd. I had an oil change at Power Nissan Irvine and it was a good experience. Frenzee, what didn't you like about the place?
Glad your experience was better than mine, but I'm not going back. Not about to bash them in public, so if you have to know, PM me.
Old 06-25-2003 | 12:06 PM
StealthB14

You're not the only one who dislikes Power Nissan - Irvine. They attempted to tell me that they needed to replace my starter, and that they'd do it on my B14 for about $600....riiiight.

My family and friends who own Nissans take their cars down to Barwick Nissan in San Juan Capistrano. Their three service advisors (Greg, Gary, and Adolfo) are awesome, and know a lot more than the other service advisors at other dealers that I have talked to...also for a while I'd stay away from Superior Nissan, Rancho Santa Margarita, because they're a new dealership, and their service advisors don't seem to know that much (I had to instruct one of their service advisors how to create a repair order, and set up an oil change for me...)*shrug* its a new dealership, so they're still weeding out the bugs.
Old 06-25-2003 | 02:17 PM
OC_350Z

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Service.

Originally posted by BullishZ
I've actually had pretty good service with Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. Mark Nutter, who is a service manager there happens to own his own 350Z. He's seems pretty smart and well informed with things regarding the 350Z. I'm sure Torrance Nissan's service is excellent. I just can't justify driving 40 mins to get an excellent service on my car, when a pretty damn good service job can be done just 2 blocks away from my home.
You know the guys at Connell Nissan were really nice to me when I went there. The didn't have any in stock but would look around and find me one right away. I waited.......and waited no answer. I drive by everyday and see that they got Z's in stock? I already had a loan so maybe they new they couldn't make any money off of me, who knows. It just sucks for me, because they are right down the street from my house.
Old 06-25-2003 | 07:04 PM
apex locator

DONT go to Nissan of Long Beach

Quick Reply: Best Dealer for waranty and service in SoCal