Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Official Socal road KILLs section! (Not rodents... racing!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:23 AM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Socal road KILLs section! (Not rodents... racing!)

Raced numerous S2000's, an M5 (blew me away), M3's, Supras, RX7's, etc... thought we can share some local stories here of the cars we OWN on a regular basis.

Yesterday, I was driving home after picking up some fast food. I was talking on the phone so I was driving 1 handed. Steering and shifting with my right hand. This riced out accord 4 door speeds up from behind, and changes lanes to my right. He matches my speed and he's just looking... looking for trouble... looking like a dumbass. So I told the person on the phone to hold up... cause I had to HUMILIATE this boy... but she wouldn't let me get off the phone, and she got upset at me cause I wanted her to hold so I can race! So I just did it one handed... still talking to her... and absolutely RAPED that accord.

I know... accord is not worthy of mentioning... but still, it's a start. haha.

Oh, and a Mustang Cobra caught up to me and looked like he wanted to race. I looked at him, and was about to say "NICE CAR!" but he had this smug arrogant look on his face. I know those things are fast as hell, but I still wanted to try him... but I had to make a left cause I was returning from lunch and I was running late. Oh well... NEXT TIME!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:36 AM
MastaKillaZ

okay, sure I'll share...

hmm... way back when my odometer turned 1200, killed a Saab 95 T on the street running 120... probably not the brightest thing I've ever done... I'm pretty sure if I got caught that's straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200...

stomped on a couple of preludes, almost every GT that I've come across and two modded eclipses.

got smacked down by an SVT on the 10 East at about midnite one night...

got worked by a bright yellow 911 Carrera S a week or so ago(think that was it, but might have the model wrong)... it had nice taillights though...

Old 06-25-2003, 10:15 AM
BullishZ

Most S2k owners are pretty friendly... My first encounter with an S2000 was way back in December 2002. The 350Z was still considered "very new are rare" back then, and this S2000 caught up to me on the FWY. He waved with a thumbs up. I smiled and returned the thumbs up. Pretty nice exchange between 2 people with almost equal performances.

I love it when it's all for the "fun" of it and everyone's having a good time. This one time, I was on the FWY and caught another 350Z... a chrome silver model... he was going faster than I was, and passed me up. I was wondering why he's going 95+ mph, and I see a black NSX on his tail... and then a red riced RX7 following them. A FWY race!!! I couldn't be left out, so I joined the fray. I passed up the RX7 and took this photo when the traffic slowed us down.

You can barely see the 350Z... haha. That was fun.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:07 PM
suprblkperformance

about 3 weeks ago I was on the 110 and boxter S flew past so I sped up to catch it, then he flew past me, this continued for awhile until we were next to each other going about 105mph, then I had to get off on the 405, but it was fun. I've also smoked a bunch of high school punks in suped up accords and civics of the line at red lights. I usually let them get about half way through the intersection before I take off and embarass them. One time I looked over as I blew by one of these civics and the kids friends in the back were laughing at him, that was great.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i raced an ant with my Z...

the ant won.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Cazzz Z

Default Well, ireally happened to me.

I was driving down a street in my neighborhood, & this guy in this big ole yellow ride pulls up on me & swung the door open & tried to provoke me to race him.. At first I wasn't even trying to, but when all them kids was eggin me on, I just had to get him. I blew him & them kids away, left they asses in the dust. He kept up for a little bit, but I guess all them kids weighed him down.. I was so proud of myself, I had to pull over & get a picture of my kill..
Attached Thumbnails Official Socal road KILLs section!  (Not rodents...  racing!)-aliefschoolbussml.jpg  
Old 06-25-2003, 06:32 PM
dczoner

I flew past a modded eclipse on beach boulevard a couple days ago. The guy was thinking he was pretty hard, trying to cut me off etc, but i just popped one more lane over the left and floored it in 2nd. I literally flew more than a carlength ahead of him before i reached 6krpm. I think he got a little embarassed cuz he pulled off like a block later. Lol.

But you know what, I've been shifting really bad these days. I was messing around with a 2gen rx7 on pch down in lbc (is that enough acronyms & slangs for ya?!?), and I went from 2nd to 3rd - COMPLETELY MIS SHIFTED. Ground gears like a ****. Oops. And then a few days later I was trying to "show off" in front of some girls in a girlie-tricked jetta - yep, blew my shift again, ground gears.... God i suck. And all I've ever driven are sticks, you'd think i wouldn't screw up that often. Oh well, now I just try to pay more attention to my shifting patterns.

Cazz - dude, that thing looks pretty rowdy - although it looks like they didn't spend enough time on the bus' body. Oh well. . . Pretty dope. Now lets see someone do that with a Z shell.

Take it ez.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:49 PM
all_bark

that bus is bad - ***!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:21 AM
OC_350Z

I know street racing is stupid but, I have to chime in. I never race on the freeway or run red lights or anything like that.

1. Black BMW 330i
I'm at a light in the left lane. I have to turn left in about a 1/2. A black 330 pulls up next to me with a kid in it. He is staring me down and starts to lurch forward. I'm thinking what a jackass, I have a M3 and know I can beat that. The light turns green and I beat him pretty easy. Funny thing, since I'm not used to a car with traction control, I forgot to turn it off. When I shifted to 2nd the tires broke loose for a second and then the VDC killed the power.

2. White WRX
we are at a 2 lane left turn. Him on the outside me on the inside. The normal routine, he looks over, gives the nod, I know it's on. The light turns green and he takes off. I follow and get behind him. We are now both going to take a right turn, tail to bumper. I heel toe down to 1st and come out of the turn a little sideways. Pull on him pretty good and passed by him in 3rd.

3. Silver BMW Z4
This one is funny. My Mom and I are coming back from Home Depot. I pull up to a light and there is a silver Z4 next to me. I'm showing her the car, telling her how I think it is cool. Just then the old man starts reving the engine. The light turns green and he floors it. I"m like "Oh Hell no" So I floor it and pass by him. My mom is just shaking her head. (She is a total lead foot, I had her drive my Z and she took it up to 107mph!!!, crazy lady)
Old 06-26-2003, 09:24 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by dczoner
I flew past a modded eclipse on beach boulevard a couple days ago. The guy was thinking he was pretty hard, trying to cut me off etc, but i just popped one more lane over the left and floored it in 2nd. I literally flew more than a carlength ahead of him before i reached 6krpm. I think he got a little embarassed cuz he pulled off like a block later. Lol.

But you know what, I've been shifting really bad these days. I was messing around with a 2gen rx7 on pch down in lbc (is that enough acronyms & slangs for ya?!?), and I went from 2nd to 3rd - COMPLETELY MIS SHIFTED. Ground gears like a ****. Oops. And then a few days later I was trying to "show off" in front of some girls in a girlie-tricked jetta - yep, blew my shift again, ground gears.... God i suck. And all I've ever driven are sticks, you'd think i wouldn't screw up that often. Oh well, now I just try to pay more attention to my shifting patterns.

Cazz - dude, that thing looks pretty rowdy - although it looks like they didn't spend enough time on the bus' body. Oh well. . . Pretty dope. Now lets see someone do that with a Z shell.

Take it ez.
I feel you on the mis shifts. It only happens to me when I'm trying to be cute and all smooth.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:46 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

all the local clubrsxers have raced me at some point

my best friends has an 02 wrx, i slowly crawled past him (it was on the street so he got to ahve his launch)

if you havent heard how i killed my clutch, it was against a boxster S. he won that time
finally found another that would race, had him the same way, i came off faster then him and pulled ahead a little bit with every gear, probably came out a car and a half ahead of him.

<insert random rice i beat>

i also lost to chestons ant for a week.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Aloharacing

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
if you havent heard how i killed my clutch, it was against a boxster S.
Hey Bob, I was under the impression that you killed the clutch while driving up to big bear in stop and go traffic??? That's what I heard at nationals, anyway...
Old 06-26-2003, 06:15 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

nah i think thats what messed it up
but it was against the boxster S that made in undrivable
Old 06-26-2003, 10:08 PM
SnoopyZ

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
nah i think thats what messed it up
but it was against the boxster S that made in undrivable
Hey Bob... did you get your clutch replaced?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:16 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

and a perfectly good transmission

dumbasses
but it was free
you should have seen them when matix and i went in there
i introduced matix as my mechanic and they fed us so much bs
i ahd ot leave before i socked the guy.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you know. that ant didnt give me a fair chance.. i was on jack stands, the bastard...
Old 06-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

Default Accord V6 coupe 2000-2002

Approximately 3am coming back home from work I see this jerk off in a Accord V6 cutting cutting throught the HOV lane. As he exits from the 10W onto the 605 S interchange I decide to play a litte a-hole myself. We shoot out of the on ramp and we are off. I drop it into 5th and really put down the pedal I pass him. after about 3 car lenghs and still pulling away, I slow down thinking he's had enough. I see a 2 cars infront of me and go even slower. He plants it an goes around me and the other two cars in the carpool lane. Well, "that's it", I finally get around the 2 cars and drop it again into 5th wipe out this guy once and for all. He slows down to let me catch up. once he's done that he accelerates. I let him go about a 5 car lengths and then I floor it. I catch up to him and pass him, mind you im in 5th this whole time. I drop it into 6th and fly to about 120mph. Noticing that the other cars are standing still I slow down. cause who knows what the hell is on the 605. He passes me thinking he's done something but, deep in his heart he knows "he's my *****".

Tenn_SZ
Old 06-30-2003, 07:14 AM
BullishZ

Nice story~
Old 07-01-2003, 12:31 AM
joust75

In Del Mar where I live There are tons and tons of Beemer 330s. For a dumb yuppie who doesent know an ant's turd about cars, they really think they have a superior car.
It's like they go... okay I'm making 90grand a year ... what do I get? OK looks like everybody where I wanna be has a 330. So they get the 330 and realize its a fast car. They get this attitude and when they pull up next to me they think... My beemer will smoke that Nissan. Those in the know are at least respectful and give a nod but I have seen some cocky arogants that smile smugly at the Japanese import. I live for that smile, because I know I'll be wiping it off in seconds. So far I have done 5 330s' 2 of them were dipshits I reeducated. the others seemed like cool peeps out for some fun.

A message to all: Be humble and polite when racing. Thats all!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:17 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by joust75
In Del Mar where I live There are tons and tons of Beemer 330s. For a dumb yuppie who doesent know an ant's turd about cars, they really think they have a superior car.
It's like they go... okay I'm making 90grand a year ... what do I get? OK looks like everybody where I wanna be has a 330. So they get the 330 and realize its a fast car. They get this attitude and when they pull up next to me they think... My beemer will smoke that Nissan. Those in the know are at least respectful and give a nod but I have seen some cocky arogants that smile smugly at the Japanese import. I live for that smile, because I know I'll be wiping it off in seconds. So far I have done 5 330s' 2 of them were dipshits I reeducated. the others seemed like cool peeps out for some fun.

A message to all: Be humble and polite when racing. Thats all!
I hate it when people mistake their sports coupe for a sports car.

Quick Reply: Official Socal road KILLs section! (Not rodents... racing!)