Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So...Car was totaled today sitting in traffic

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 PM
carfi179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sensi09
But you had gap insurance right?
Nope
Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I read the OP and could only think of 2 things.

1. I'm glad to hear that you survived that hellatious accident.
2. The driver of that Tundra needs to be hunted down and put in the poor house.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
carfi179

Originally Posted by Allen331
Great, thanks man. I really appreciate it
I showed my wife the pics and she said that its definitely a total loss, and if you get a cool adjuster they might pay for some of your mods like exhaust, rims, etc even w/o a receipt...
Old 04-06-2008, 03:24 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man it is a good thing you are ok. This just proves that people need to pay attention to the road and not eyeballing or fiddling w/**** in the car...The guy was a douchebag for leaving you...I hope karma will be knocking at his door real soon....by looking at the Z I think it is totaled. I know first hand those airbags in the Z deploy pretty hard in the face.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Allen331

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Darn....glad your okay..

i say, anything thats yours on the car take it from the impound lot before the insurance claims your car...I would remove seats, wheels, interior pieces, etc...all of that is yours...get a new Z and sell or keep what you want..

- j
I was thinking about taking my rims and seats etc, but would the insurance allow this? If they claim the car a total loss, will I be able to take whatever it is from the car, and try to sell it?

The main concern i have right now is the HFC that are on the car. I would need to get the car towed to a mechanic shop, and they would have to take it off the car I presume. Does anybody have any advice on how I should handle this? I would hate to just throw away some perfectly good HFC.

As far as the nismo exhaust, i think it may be just crooked from dropping off a hanger or something. I'll have to take another look.

I'm sad
Old 04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
gimpster621

damn allen. good to hear ure ok. that truck driver will get caught.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

def a total loss from those pictures it all just depends on damage costs added up and they cross reference the value of your car in the current market and im more than positive the damage exceeds that of what the insurance company would need to total the car

also you should not worry about the mods for the most part

your insurance company can easily cover that but what they will be needing are original invoices of where you got them and the $$$

and incase you bought any of those items used on the forums i just hope youre cool enough with some shops around your area and they'll do you that favor of printing you out an invoice of those items

glad youre okay thats all that matters all will be taken care of [hopefully] by your insurance company
Old 04-06-2008, 05:08 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

that really, really sucks. i hope you get everything taken care of alright.

if traffic was at a standstill how was he able to get away?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Allen331

At the time, the traffic in my lane was a standstill. The lane next to me was moving at about 5-10 mph. It happened too fast. I was a little disoriented.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Allen331

Originally Posted by Hipknotik
def a total loss from those pictures it all just depends on damage costs added up and they cross reference the value of your car in the current market and im more than positive the damage exceeds that of what the insurance company would need to total the car

also you should not worry about the mods for the most part

your insurance company can easily cover that but what they will be needing are original invoices of where you got them and the $$$

and incase you bought any of those items used on the forums i just hope youre cool enough with some shops around your area and they'll do you that favor of printing you out an invoice of those items

glad youre okay thats all that matters all will be taken care of [hopefully] by your insurance company
Anybody know any shops or somethin that would be cool enough to print out an invoice for me? Specifically my nismo exhaust?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:52 PM
haeshik

glad to hear you're alright. i put a couple of grand in mods and when i got into accident my insurance covered everything (i have progressive btw). my question is, if traffic was at dead stop how could he have gotten away? anywayz, hope everyything works out for you.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

^answered your pm allen
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
solo_element

OMG..NO!! Dude that hella blows. Glad your ok! Sorry about the Z but you will get another hopefully. Your my neighbor too wow i'm shocked.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Allen331

Yea man...now there are only 2 Z's in the parking garage now lol. It's alright though, i'm just happy to be alive. I need an invoice for a nismo exhaust. Can anybody help??
Old 04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by carfi179
I showed my wife the pics and she said that its definitely a total loss, and if you get a cool adjuster they might pay for some of your mods like exhaust, rims, etc even w/o a receipt...
If I was his adjuster I'd probably hook it up, but he has Hartford, I work for Nationwide. That's CRAZY that your insurance carrier paid the 3-4 grand you were in the hole since you have to have gap insurance coverage to cover the difference, you must have had a pretty cool adjuster or someone who didn't think they would get caught paying the extra cash for the car. Whenever they run total loss for us they run a CCC evaluation and check proquotes for differences in options/additions compared to blue book prices for the area you live in.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Yeah, I really don't understand why they would cover the difference. I was wondering if you're wife being an adjuster helped in the matter.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
carfi179

First offer (payoff) was $800 upside down and I declined and told my insurance company its not fair. They sent me a letter after the total loss and 5 pages of different dealers around my area which shows/compares prices, mileage, etc. and thats how they came up with the payoff amount. Believe it or not when I handed the key for the evo they also gave me a check for $275 because of my mods (no receipt). I refinanced the evo right before the accident too, so may be that have something to do with it...

Last edited by carfi179; 04-06-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 PM
jmcmorante

Dude!!!! MY MOTHER SAW YOU when you got on the accident. She actually called me from her cell after she saw it happened. She called, like typical mother, worried. She went off for like 20 minutes how I need to be responsible when driving since I modify my Z and this and that. LOL Keep in mind im no teen or anything but you know mothers.She was under the impression you were speeding and ended up behind that truck since she didn't see anyone else behind you that had hit you. She said she saw it a few seconds after it happened because she said she saw the driver of the Z getting out.

DUDE I will definitely call her and ask if she saw anything regarding that other truck. I don't think she may have since she didn't mention hit and run but will definitely ask for you.

I feel in bad pain for your car but I'm glad you are ok.

Im from the area, I live in Arcadia and relatives in Monrovia which is where you crashed nearby. I always go by that section of the freeway so if i see a green truck with the described damage around here I will TELL YOU ASAP.

So sorry for your car man.

Last edited by jmcmorante; 04-06-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
jmcmorante

I just called my mother right now but No she did not see anything about the other truck. Sorry bro, wish I could of helped. If for some reason the truck is local that took off I will keep an eye out for you.

My mother feels really bad too, she said she was first freaked,she said she was surprised when you walked out of the car since it looked like the driver could of been in bad shape.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

^^^woahhhhhhhh.

Quick Reply: So...Car was totaled today sitting in traffic