Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

ebay help!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
henry j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay help!!!???

i purchased a phone from ebay abut a month ago, and it turned out that the phone (blackberry 8830) is reported lost/stolen. so basically im frustrated cuz i nearly spent $300 on the phone and now its not worth shyt, and the guy wont answer any of my messeges.. what am i supposed to do now? i sent an email to ebay but we all know thats not going to do ****... any help thanks?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
bluezup

contact paypal?
did the seller say it was brand new in box?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
henry j

he did not say brand new but he specifically said clear esn on the phone which means its not listed as lost/stolen and can be activated..
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
mrchu25

make a claim with paypal , i believe you have 90 days to dispute it or else your screwedd
Old 06-10-2008, 02:59 PM
henry j

i was lookin around paypal but i couldnt figure out how to dispute it.?
Old 06-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paypal won't do anything if the guy already withdrew the money from his paypal account. Sorry to say but you are out of luck on this one. I would talk to the phone company and tell them the situation and see what happens.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
henry j

Yeh i figured im shyt out of luck. This just really sucks because im down $300 bux and a worthless phone. im not the type of jerk to try to resell it so i guess ill frame it on my wall . i have his return adress it was from texas you think i can do anything about that?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Ichigo

Did dude have any negative feedback? If not you should give him some.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Zyclone Z

File a Claim against him in paypal. If it was sent through UPS/FEDEX or which ever carrier get the tracking number, provide that tracking number to paypal, they will contact the carrier company saying that it did get lost in transit, once this is done they will contact the buyer saying whether he will either refund or resend another one. If no responce by him is made within a certain amount of time, paypal will automatically refund your money. It will be taken out of his account whethere the money is in his account or not. Paypal is basically like a checking account. So if he is tryna come up on you he wont. The only thing is, that the process takes a while paypal tends to be slow sometimes. Specially if both parties don't agree with each other...

Last edited by Zyclone Z; 06-10-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zyclone Z
File a Claim against him in paypal. If it was sent through UPS/FEDEX or which ever carrier get the tracking number, provide that tracking number to paypal, they will contact the carrier company saying that it did get lost in transit, once this is done they will contact the buyer saying whether he will either refund or resend another one. If no responce by him is made within a certain amount of time, paypal will automatically refund your money. It will be taken out of his account whethere the money is in his account or not. Paypal is basically like a checking account. So if he is tryna come up on you he wont. The only thing is, that the process takes a while paypal tends to be slow sometimes. Specially if both parties don't agree with each other...
Yea but if he took out the money already they can try to get whatever they can from him but they can't do anything about it. If you have his legit return address and phone # you can try to file a report with the local authorities and small claims.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Zyclone Z

Originally Posted by Myfirst06350Z
Yea but if he took out the money already they can try to get whatever they can from him but they can't do anything about it. If you have his legit return address and phone # you can try to file a report with the local authorities and small claims.
There paypal account is linked to there Checking/savings account. I've been through this process before. If he doesnt have money in his account his paypal will go negative, if then, he doesnt pay that negative amount, what ever account he used to setup his paypal will that account will be used to pay the negative ammount owed.

Not trying to be a smartass but think of it like this, now say the guy sold something for $1,000 and his intentions were not to give what he sold that 1g for, then got it into his paypal then took the money out and then ran off. You think paypal was that stupid? They link it up to your checkings/savings account on purpose so if someone were to try and fraud they have access to there account. To get there money back.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
jwillard0201

Originally Posted by Zyclone Z
There paypal account is linked to there Checking/savings account. I've been through this process before. If he doesnt have money in his account his paypal will go negative, if then, he doesnt pay that negative amount, what ever account he used to setup his paypal will that account will be used to pay the negative ammount owed.

Not trying to be a smartass but think of it like this, now say the guy sold something for $1,000 and his intentions were not to give what he sold that 1g for, then got it into his paypal then took the money out and then ran off. You think paypal was that stupid? They link it up to your checkings/savings account on purpose so if someone were to try and fraud they have access to there account. To get there money back.
He speaks the truth. Had to do it with some advantage I bought from one of major pet suppliers...was almost 60 days from day I ordered and still didnt get my product, so I disputed it. got my money in less than 3 weeks.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
stein

File the paypal dispute!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 PM
henry j

i filed the paypal but its either not going to work or its going to take foreeverrrrr. wtv at this point ill do anything to get some money back because if i dont i have bought a very expensive calculator
Old 06-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

hey send me a pm with the provider you use

i'll see what i can do [assuming you still want to use the phone and not just frame and hang it up]
Old 06-10-2008, 06:27 PM
henry j

thanks for the help everyone i hope i just get my money back
Old 06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Zyclone is pretty much correct on this. I went through the same ordeal and basically paypal refunded my money but it took about ehh a month or month and a half to get it taken care of (about 2 -3 months total time it took from receiving the item to getting a refund for it.)

Good Luck To Ya and hope it all gets sorted out. I F***** hate people like that. They make it harder for Legit people to sell stuff.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

sent you a pm
Old 06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
henry j

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
Zyclone is pretty much correct on this. I went through the same ordeal and basically paypal refunded my money but it took about ehh a month or month and a half to get it taken care of (about 2 -3 months total time it took from receiving the item to getting a refund for it.)

Good Luck To Ya and hope it all gets sorted out. I F***** hate people like that. They make it harder for Legit people to sell stuff.
yehh hes driving me crazy he has the nerve to ask me to return the phone first so he can refund my money! lol this guy thinks im dumb
Old 06-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Zyclone Z

Originally Posted by henry j
yehh hes driving me crazy he has the nerve to ask me to return the phone first so he can refund my money! lol this guy thinks im dumb
Just make sure you don't procrastinate on anything... Make sure you do what you need to do. I mean your the victim here.. Make sure you get whats rightfully yours.. If the guy tries to hassle you make him look bad... On ebay its all about reputation, and one bad negative always makes people have second thoughts. All in all, just make sure you get whats yours either the phone or the money. If you have any other questions just holla pimpin' .

Quick Reply: ebay help!!!???