Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Question about warranty terms after an accident...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM
SnoDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about warranty terms after an accident...

Hey guys, I'm posting this question here in the local SoCal forum because I don't know if the laws/rules about this sort of thing is specific to the state.

I have an 05 Z and the standard warranty that came with it, which will expire later this year.

About a year ago I got into an accident, where the accident wasn't too bad, and nobody was hurt, car wasn't totaled, but it definitely was no fender bender either - as the repair bill came out to just under $10 grand.

I took care of that whole situation with my insurance company, and Sixteen Customs performed all the repairs.

After they fixed everything up, my car pretty much ran like new once again, they did a great job.

So anyway, that was all about a year ago, and now I'm starting to have a minor problem such as the "clicking" noise coming from the rear axle that there is a service bulletin out for.

So basically I want to know if my car having been in an accident will not make it eligible for warranty work such as the above? And I also have been getting some letters in the mail from Nissan dealerships to bring my Z in because they would like to check for and perform recall work if necessary.

Would I still be fully eligible for all of those things?

Thanks,

-Sno
Old 06-16-2008, 10:20 PM
wldkatz03

I don't know, but if I were you i'd just bring it in to a dealer and don't bring up the accident unless they do...good luck!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
knucklez

Yeah, I wouldn't bring up the accident.. The real axle click is a common problem, so they might just fix it for you for free.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
4DC

No, it whouldn't be a problem as long as the parts in question were not damaged or replaced during or after the accident. If the car was totaled then no warranty would exist at all.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 PM
SnoDog

Thanks for the replies guys.

I took my Z in earlier today, and just gave the service adviser a copy of the service bulletin and a copy of the recall campaign letter, and they fixed it no questions asked all in about 2 hours. They also checked for (but didn't find) any recall/campaigns to perform. I just didn't bring up the accident or anything like you guys said.