Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

WCN huge let down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WCN.......sigh.....
Old 06-23-2008, 07:58 PM
joey3am

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stylett9
Can't really get a response from people that don't have any control. All the current WCN people are in the parts department.
no control?!

anybody that works at WCN has some kind of control, whether they work in that specific dept or not.

how many times has a bad experience been posted from the service side.....and what happens? somebody from parts see's the post and reports it to the service dept. the parts people are the only people that are on this damn forum (since frank left).

no excuses, in my opinion.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:24 PM
9kFever

Man I am glad I lemon law'd my car while heri was still there.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by 9kFever
Man I am glad I lemon law'd my car while heri was still there.
I should have done that too....my V2 motor is no good either
Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by joey3am
no control?!

anybody that works at WCN has some kind of control, whether they work in that specific dept or not.

like you just said, they can report it to the service manager....but the guy isn't even a part of this board.... So what more outside of reporting it to the service manager, of whom you can just take your problem straight to from the beginning... can they do? Anyways, i'm not here to argue in WCN's defense. I've never had any problems with them doing damage to my vehicle, and I love utilizing the fact that i can pop a lawn chair and watch the tech work on my car.

Last edited by stylett9; 06-24-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 AM
ArCtM

Ok just got back from dropping my car off at WCN for the repairs. Ruben seemed in a much better mood and didnt argue about the repairs. He's a good guy but he needs to keep a better eye on his techs. BTW my V2 motor was already a quart low in under 1000 miles.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:04 AM
joey3am

like you just said, they can report it to the service manager....but the guy isn't even a part of this board.... So what more outside of reporting it to the service manager, of whom you can just take your problem straight to from the beginning... can they do? Anyways, i'm not here to argue in WCN's defense. I've never had any problems with them doing damage to my vehicle, and I love utilizing the fact that i can pop a lawn chair and watch the tech work on my car.
understood.

and i'm not trying to bash them. they have actually done a great job with my oil changes, with felipe's help.

however, i have noticed the lack of care being show by the service dept.....which seemed to have started when frank and a few others left.

also, it's fuked up to hear about how other members have been treated over there. maybe i'm just getting lucky when i go? who knows, maybe my bad experience will happen next

the service dept needs to get on this board, like they used to.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Don't think we are ignoring you guys...... but like others said, there is nothing we in parts can do. I reported this thread to the powers above the day it started. But honestly, how many times can I stand up for service? Due to threads like this, another round of changes are taking place. We now have a new Service Manager (David) and Ruben is working in the service drive. A couple more writers have been given their walking papers and a new Parts and Service Director is in charge of both the Nissan and Toyota stores to try and promote PROPER customer service skills. We will see....... I admit I miss the old days with Frank and Tim!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 PM
stylett9

Originally Posted by Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Don't think we are ignoring you guys...... but like others said, there is nothing we in parts can do. I reported this thread to the powers above the day it started. But honestly, how many times can I stand up for service? Due to threads like this, another round of changes are taking place. We now have a new Service Manager (David) and Ruben is working in the service drive. A couple more writers have been given their walking papers and a new Parts and Service Director is in charge of both the Nissan and Toyota stores to try and promote PROPER customer service skills. We will see....... I admit I miss the old days with Frank and Tim!!!!

glad to hear Jeff! I PM'd you awhile back and wish i could have applied to be a service writer but you guys are too far for a daily commute. lol, hope we get someone awsome to come to.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
ArCtM

Originally Posted by Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
I appreciate the reply Jeff Thanks. I believe the repairs are being made right now and should be done later today.
Good to see WCN trying to stay on top of things.
As for my new motor consuming oil thats a whole other issue
Old 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
abeklipse

Just some advice when you visit Performance Nissan for your next service, make sure you inspect your car before you drive off the dealership lot.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Cannysage

i will keep going to WCN because at least they try to make a difference. nonetheless, op's experience sux. other dealers, straight out don't give a fk.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:50 PM
wldkatz03

wow and I liked Reuben...but I guess I am the minority in this one...I've seen a few people disagree with him in the service drive...I've been having John do my write ups...awesome guy! I hope he's still there, i'll be there on thursday or friday!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:23 AM
ArCtM

Well I picked up my car yesterday after work and the tint looks great but they tried to buff a scratch away the left an indentation in my bumper (not gonna cut it...sorry). they also now keep dodging the topic of my wheel being damaged. So much for me thinking they were gonna man up to all the repairs. I'm gonna have to go back and talk to Ruben AGAIN.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Blue_Z

hey ArCtM, sorry to hear about your problems with WCN.

I just spent the whole day there yesterday going through my oil consumption test, Ruben took care of me and he was cool. It turns out he ordered my V2 and should be here in about a week. Now I just read this thread and I'm all paranoid since I'll be going there next week to drop it off for them to replace my motor. I'm pretty sure asking them to ship the motor to Performance Nissan is out of the question. So I guess once I pull up to the service area, I'll take pics of all of my wheels, doors, bumpers, etc. Good idea? I'll probably look like a total jerk but what can you do, I gotta protect myself somehow?

Anyways I also had a question about your rental car, they gave you a 350Z as a replacement?? That's pretty cool, is that the norm or did they have to pull a lot of strings to get that for you? I was just expecting a sentra or some cheap loaner. Anyways, good luck lemoning your car, it seems like it might go that direction since this V2 isn't working out either. Maybe we can keep in touch about the process since I might be there too, do you have to get a lawyer or something? I'm not sure how that works.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
stylett9

for warrenty work Enterprise will let you choose whatever Nissan they have available.

Personally i've had a murano and a maxima. Could have taken an armada, sentra, and rouge.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:44 PM
DRELOC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for warrenty work Enterprise will let you choose whatever Nissan they have available.

Personally i've had a murano and a maxima. Could have taken an armada, sentra, and rouge.
Enterprise got me a dirty azz Ford Focus when i had my car for warranty work...i didn't know you can choose any Nissans available
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by DRELOC
Enterprise got me a dirty azz Ford Focus when i had my car for warranty work...i didn't know you can choose any Nissans available

as long as it's warrenty work, they should be putting you in a nissan. Atleast that is what was explained to me by a service writer at another dealership.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 PM
E K

I had the same fifth gear issue after my V2 in my G35. I adjusted that shifter plate slightly towards the right, and it's 100% fixed. A 5 minute job if you know what to do.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 AM
350Z_GTS

if it wasn't for the warrenty I would never take it to a dealership. When i got my car back i didn't really check everything but i noticed a lot when i stated puting my parts back on. I was missing power stearing fluid cause the cap was loose, both sides of my fender plastics were over torqued, radiation fluid was low and there was a few scratches on the car. Better to find a good shop and get to know the mechanics that work on your car.

Quick Reply: WCN huge let down!!!