Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

GT-Rs Arrive @ West Covina Nissan!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Fooshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here, here Fastm3...As you, I own cars worth much more than my Z and just don't see the GT-R as worth 100K. The biggest problem for me is the fact that is just does not look like a Supercar. It looks like a mod'd, next generation 240SX that someone did a decent job with.

The F360 Modena (one of the prettiest cars on the planet, in my opinion) looks like a 100K car. A 1999 Ferrari F355 Spyder looks and sounds like a 100K car. The Porsche GT3/GT3RS looks like a 100K car. The GT-R just does not have that same special something that makes you think 100K car.

That being said, the performance is clearly that of a 100K car and that is were the personal dilemma begins for me. I can appreciate what is can do, but really and not wow'd by how it looks while doing it. For 100K, I want it to stir my soul as well as my human senses. I want to look in the garage and still be anxious to take her out for a spin.

Let me put this in terms that most males can understand:
F360 = Geisha
Porsche GT3 = **** Star
F355 = Kissing *****
GT-R = That psycho chick that gives the best BJ you ever had...but you really don't want to be seen with her. When you get right down to it, she is really just a booty call with whom you would much rather have the lights out.

Just my
Old 07-14-2008, 11:45 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooshe
Here, here Fastm3...As you, I own cars worth much more than my Z and just don't see the GT-R as worth 100K. The biggest problem for me is the fact that is just does not look like a Supercar. It looks like a mod'd, next generation 240SX that someone did a decent job with.

The F360 Modena (one of the prettiest cars on the planet, in my opinion) looks like a 100K car. A 1999 Ferrari F355 Spyder looks and sounds like a 100K car. The Porsche GT3/GT3RS looks like a 100K car. The GT-R just does not have that same special something that makes you think 100K car.

That being said, the performance is clearly that of a 100K car and that is were the personal dilemma begins for me. I can appreciate what is can do, but really and not wow'd by how it looks while doing it. For 100K, I want it to stir my soul as well as my human senses. I want to look in the garage and still be anxious to take her out for a spin.

F360 = Geisha
Porsche GT3 = **** Star
F355 = Kissing *****
GT-R = That psycho chick that gives the best BJ you ever had...but you really don't want to be seen with her. When you get right down to it, she is really just a booty call with whom you would much rather have the lights out.

Just my
i would have to agree with you on the looks.. the GT-R is lacking something.

but to add to your list, i'd like to add a NSX (any year) - the body lines of the car makes it look like a million bucks.. thats why i'll be getting a NSX after the Z...
Old 07-15-2008, 05:06 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by RICK@riversideinfiniti
I agree with what you're saying, but you should never make a quick judgement about people like that, my Z has been paid off since last year and I bought it brand new in 2003, paid off 1 year early then it was suppost to. That would be like me saying why spend the money on a C5 Z06 when I can get a regular C6 that is 5 hp less and it's newer? Or just get the C6 Z06 if you're going to spend the money anyway? Like you said though to each his own, which I strongly agree.
A $30k Z being paid off has nothing to do with buying a $100k car. So you paid off a 60 month loan in 48 months. Congrats! What does buying a C5 or C6 have to do with it? Not sure what your argument or rebut to what I posted is.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THE TECH
A $30k Z being paid off has nothing to do with buying a $100k car. So you paid off a 60 month loan in 48 months. Congrats! What does buying a C5 or C6 have to do with it? Not sure what your argument or rebut to what I posted is.
+1 30k dollar z after 60 months is worth 15k yet you paid way more with interest, closer to 36k-39k, congrats we're all *ucked.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
tractng

Originally Posted by Fooshe

F360 = Geisha
Porsche GT3 = **** Star
F355 = Kissing *****

Just my
**** star has some ugly looking chick too.

Tony
Old 07-15-2008, 12:01 PM
carfi179

Originally Posted by tractng
**** star has some ugly looking chick too.

Tony
Doesn't matter, their all pink inside...
Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 PM
carfi179

Originally Posted by fastm3
carfi179 I disagree with you. guess you underestimate people. I have 10 cars ranging from a low Nismo Z to 911 to 520hp sedan to 80K suv to a high $200K+ Ferrari.

It is not the dollar amount that is keeping me from buying the GTR, it is the principle of the stealership raping buyers with ridiculous markups. Nissan's idea is to make a super performance car that cost half of the competition. The stealership is killing that concept. I don't know what people think but personally I think the GTR does not worth 100K.
I personally wasn't reffering to you, but good for you. Like I said "MOST" of us. GTRs...performance wise very promising (TT/AWD) but exterior is definitely not my taste, but if I was a car collector and Multi millionare I would purchase one just for my collection.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

somewhere there is a lot of dead kittens.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Nima @ Corner3
Banned

Was talking to a good friend @ Nissan parts department who was trained on the GT-R ... he mentioned that a brake job will be approx. $4000 total.
$3400 just for the parts alone.
He mentioned that if your front brakes need replacing, Nissan recommends replacing all front & rear brake pads and all rotors. Ouch!
I guess if you can afford the car, you can afford to maintain it. I wonder how much a major service will be or a simple oil change?
Crazy!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nima @ Corner3
Was talking to a good friend @ Nissan parts department who was trained on the GT-R ... he mentioned that a brake job will be approx. $4000 total.
He mentioned that if your front brakes need replacing, Nissan recommends replacing all front & rear brake pads and all rotors. Ouch!
I guess if you can afford the car, you can afford to maintain it. I wonder how much a major service will be or a simple oil change?
Crazy!

ouch... :-(
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you drive a 70k dollar car and expect a 400 dollar brake job then please don't drive a 70k dollar car. Realistically, the GTR is a great design. I don't understand why everyone is so damn surprised at these rediculous rates. Simple economics really, supply and demand.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:19 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a new GTR at $112K on Ebay right now with 2 days left to bid on it! Nuts.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Originally Posted by Chebosto
somewhere there is a lot of dead kittens.
Did you see who got our gunmetal one? I know you're friends with them also

Originally Posted by Nima @ Corner3
Crazy!
That is correct, rotors and pads must be changed at the same time. All 4, and they are pricey. But you know we'll be hooking people up on parts

Its odd though, because there is no GT-R training for parts people only GT-R certification for techs. The designer of the GT-R actually came here personally and spoke with management and our GT-R certified tech.

Originally Posted by MC
but... the non track life of the brakes is up to 40K miles
True, when not driven hard and heated up as much (there are heat indicators BTW) they should last a while.

Originally Posted by 97supratt
If you drive a 70k dollar car and expect a 400 dollar brake job then please don't drive a 70k dollar car. Realistically, the GTR is a great design. I don't understand why everyone is so damn surprised at these rediculous rates. Simple economics really, supply and demand.
True story. Have any of you seen the Audi R8 markup?

Last edited by Justin@WestCovinaNissan; 07-16-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
tractng

Who gets to be the GTR tech?

Tony
Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Already arrived, and being sent to one of my customers (Ill let them disclose what they are up to, should they choose to do so)

OEM R35 GT-R cams $205.78 each MSRP, $154.34 each online pricing

Originally Posted by tractng
Who gets to be the GTR tech?

Tony
Jeff Allen is currently our GT-R certified tech. His lift has the added parts and he is specially trained to work on the GT-R.

Last edited by Justin@WestCovinaNissan; 07-16-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:19 PM
G2FAST

Originally Posted by THE TECH

Tech.......met you before, I think your half right............

Anyone here can own a GTR if they wanted........We all wear different shoes, different stories, different ways of living our lives. I could afford the GTR but all my money goes towards my family. Talking about I want a GTR or saying maybe waiting a year or two......nothing wrong with that.......

I cant say that all GTR owners came from driving Lambos....its a Nissan thats what they say.......Let us not judge...
Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 PM
World Famous Z

Jeff Allen is a good tech, he did a lot of the work on my car when I used to be over at performance
Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn, now I want one. There's a guy in Sweden that wants to buy my Viper...

Bat™
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Jeff@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Batmobile
Damn, now I want one. There's a guy in Sweden that wants to buy my Viper...

Bat™
I don't know.... your Viper is pretty sweet!!!!

Quick Reply: GT-Rs Arrive @ West Covina Nissan!!!