Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tanabe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 01:58 AM
trust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Exhaust

HOORAY! I have been saved!!

As all of you know I purchased Tanabe's Racing Medallion Exhaust and I lost about 10hp on the dyno. Well I thought I was screwed. BUT WAIT! Light at the end of the tunnel. I was at Motorex yesterday gettin my new HKS suspension installed and the salesman asked me if I had lost hp with my exhaust. I explained, embarrassed, that yes indeed I did loose horsepower and I felt real dumb to boot. He went on to ask me if I had called Tanabe and complained. I said"......" I never thought of that. So I pick up the phone, dial Tanabe, and I speak to James. I tell James that I am very unhappy with my exhaust and was very dissappointed that it actually lost me hp. James pauses and then explains that I had a generation 1 exhaust and that they have released a gen 2 exhaust that actually GAINS hp. Then James blows me away by telling me I can take my Z down to Tanabe and they will install the new improved exhaust for FREE. O sheet I said. I will post the dyno results when I get them.

Trust
Old 07-31-2003, 06:56 AM
daytona350z

cool, let us know how it goes....

in your sig btw it says:
"__________________
350z Performance Black
5spdmt"

it should be 6spdmt

Old 07-31-2003, 07:27 AM
OC_350Z

I like a company that stands by their products. I hope everything works out!
Old 07-31-2003, 07:40 AM
3 FIVE O Z

Ok I'm interested once again....
Old 07-31-2003, 07:49 AM
LaoSiFu

trust, could you post pics of how the Tanabe looks like. I couldn't find any, thanks.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:18 PM
trust

My bad, I didnt mean Manual tranny, I meant Auto tranny, YES I PUSSED OUT AND GOT THE AUTO! Dont hate me, I suck at driving stick. At least im honest. And I havent lost a race yet. To see my exhaust click here : http://rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=345
Old 07-31-2003, 05:16 PM
CMJ

Thumbs up Thats cool!

Way cool of tanabe... Now your ride will be as fast as it looks cuz its a pimpen ride. You gonna dyno @ the same location?
Old 07-31-2003, 10:27 PM
trust

Ya ima dyno it at Tanabe, I hope I can get at least 245 to the wheels. I only got 225rwhp at the Stillen event. Pray for me lol.

Trust

PS can anyone help me adjust the font size of my Signature? Its kinda long I want to use alot smaller font, maybe italics too. TY in advance.

Last edited by trust; 07-31-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:55 AM
BullishZ

Trust - Nice ride man. Love the look of the exhaust pipes.

Do this to adjust the size of the sig.

(SIZE=1)enter your sig here(/SIZE)

You can make the size equal to 1, 2, or 3. Smaller the number, smaller the font.

To italicize, do this.

(I)enter your sig here(/I)

To bold, do this.

(B)enter yada yada you get the point(/B)

Keep in mind, for all of the above, you have to substitute the "(" and the ")" with "[" and "]" respectively.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:50 PM
trust

You r0x0r. TY for your help brudda. If u have time tonight im goin to the Torrance cruise night (next to in n out and starbucks) Hope to cyas there, thanks again for the help.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:12 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by trust
You r0x0r. TY for your help brudda. If u have time tonight im goin to the Torrance cruise night (next to in n out and starbucks) Hope to cyas there, thanks again for the help.
No problem.... I was out at the Highlands in Hollywood. Next time though!
Old 08-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Aloharacing

Eric: your sig gets longer and long everytime I see it. What happened to the girls? j/k.

Trust: Your car looks clean!

Tanabe did the right thing w/ the exhaust switch. Apparently, they know that word travels fast on boards/net. Their rep could be tainted very easily.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:21 PM
MATIX

Default Re: Tanabe Exhaust

HOORAY! I have been saved!!

As all of you know I purchased Tanabe's Racing Medallion Exhaust and I lost about 10hp on the dyno. Well I thought I was screwed. BUT WAIT! Light at the end of the tunnel. I was at Motorex yesterday gettin my new HKS suspension installed and the salesman asked me if I had lost hp with my exhaust. I explained, embarrassed, that yes indeed I did loose horsepower and I felt real dumb to boot. He went on to ask me if I had called Tanabe and complained. I said"......" I never thought of that. So I pick up the phone, dial Tanabe, and I speak to James. I tell James that I am very unhappy with my exhaust and was very dissappointed that it actually lost me hp. James pauses and then explains that I had a generation 1 exhaust and that they have released a gen 2 exhaust that actually GAINS hp. Then James blows me away by telling me I can take my Z down to Tanabe and they will install the new improved exhaust for FREE. O sheet I said. I will post the dyno results when I get them.

Trust
The new Tanabe exhaust is good for about 3hp.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:32 PM
trust

3 HP huh what a buzz kill. Thanks for the info I guess. BTW I was tryin to buy stuff from your store Bulletproof Automotive, but your co-worker Richard blew me off. He NEVER returned my calls or emails, and he acted really annoyed when I called and actually talked to him. I drove down there twice, once to get a quote, and the second time to drop off a deposit. It was 3pm in the afternoon on a Tuesday and the store was closed. He knew I was comming, dunno why he wasnt there. So I gave my six thousand dollars in saved up mod money to Motorex. I guess 6k dont mean as much as it used to. All in all it was a really horrible experience. I hope the dyno at Tanabe shows me more than 3hp.

Last edited by trust; 08-03-2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:38 PM
MATIX

3 HP huh what a buzz kill. Thanks for the info I guess. BTW I was tryin to buy stuff from your store Bulletproof Automotive, but your Boss Richard blew me off. Multiple times he failed to return my calls or emails, and he acted really annoyed when I called and actually talked to him. I drove down there twice, once to get a quote, and the second time to drop off a deposit. It was 3pm in the afternoon on a Tuesday and the store was closed. He knew I was comming, dunno why he wasnt there. So I gave my six thousand dollars in saved up mod money to Motorex. I guess 6k dont mean as much as it used to. All in all it was a really horrible experience. I hope the dyno at Tanabe shows me more than 3hp.
Sorry to hear about that experience, but that doesn't sound like Rich at all, when was this? By the way, I handle all 350z related questions and sales now, so if you need anyting in the future dont hesitate to let me know.
Thanks,
Colin
Old 08-03-2003, 04:49 PM
sands

I read somewhere on this board that the Tanabe was tuned more for FI applications than NA. Has anyone else read any information that concurs with this?
Old 08-03-2003, 05:29 PM
trust

LOL. Colin, your the one ive been trying to get to. Showcase is my car crew, Ben told me to find you and have you help me with my car. Richard told me he would let you know and that you would call me. wtf. Tell Rich that Carl wants to know when he plans on returning his call. He showed me the Top Secret kit and asked me if I wanted to buy it, then told me you bought it and wouldnt sell it for less than 3k. Sorry but that guy sux. I just wanna buy stuff, im not even picky lol. I need a wing still. Maybe a Wald or the Varis Arising II, Fabulous, Rotora, whatever. What can you get me? Get my number from Rich and call me, ill buy whatever you can get your hands on.

Trust ~ Carl
Old 08-03-2003, 07:49 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by sands
I read somewhere on this board that the Tanabe was tuned more for FI applications than NA. Has anyone else read any information that concurs with this?
tell me the pipe diameter and ill tell you what its tuned for.

trust ive only met rich once but it doesnt sound like the guy i met yesterday, this dude was fired up and ready to talk to anybody, he talks more then me and if youve met me thats a big deal. He was really helpful towards me and my friends even before he realized i was colins friend.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:18 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

hey fellow Team Showcase 350Zl! Carl, I was wondering where you were lurking... this is Albert.

Call Colin for your Z needs and I promise he'll take car of you. What more can Colin ask for - a man thats willing to spend $$$ on his Z. I remember I gave you his cell # so call him ASAP.

Good luck on the new exhaust and the future body kit. We will see you at the shows. Nissei in 2 weeks time!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:40 AM
daytona350z

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
trust ive only met rich once but it doesnt sound like the guy i met yesterday, this dude was fired up and ready to talk to anybody, he talks more then me and if youve met me thats a big deal. He was really helpful towards me and my friends even before he realized i was colins friend.
yea, rich was a pretty cool guy. drives an FD RX-7...
and i have to agree with brandon, he was fired up and ready to talk.. hehe, he also made 350$ taht day