Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

What's the deal with CHP?? Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's the deal with CHP?? Need help

So this morning I was just cruising down 60 fwy on the inside lane, and as I noticed a motorcycle popo on the side writing a ticket. As i was passing him, he stares at my car and i was thinking .. "OH ****..".. So everything's good, i look in the rearview mirror, nothing... So 5 minutes later, dude suddenly appears behind me and i was thinking .. "WTF wasnt he on the side giving out tickets??" Next thing i know, he tells me to pull over.

So I got pulled over on the 60 fwy around Chino Hills, cop tells me to pop my hood. First of all, does he have the right to do that, or could I have simply refused since I wasn't breaking the law? Im ****in engine stock i donno wtf he was tryna see and i was going @ speed limit as well. So i pop my hood after he tells me to give him regis & insurance. 10 minutes later, he gives the **** back and then says "nice ride u got there, drive carefully, lotsa trucks here". I knew exactly what intentions he had in his mind but since he didnt find anything illegal under my hood , he pulls out that lil compliment ..No sry i aint buyin that ****.

Also, I got a fix it ticket for no front license plate a few months ago (AT THE SAME FRIKKING LOCATION) due on Oct 9 (****). I got it signed off but I don't know what to do now. I got the letter and it doesn't state bail amount, just says transaction fee of $10.00. Now my question is, do I only pay $10.00? And also, do I stick the original yellow ticket inside the envelope as well?

Help appreciated...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:41 PM
RRMikey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you just go to the courthouse to show them the car and pay the $$$. I did that a long time ago when I had a different car and got a ticket for no front plate. I didn't mail it in just in case usps screws up... lol.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
xtremefairladyz

I just went to the police station to get it signed off and I mailed that 10 bucks in and forgot about it....
Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Boba

Ok good so it is $10.00. Also, my ticket is due 10/08 and I just got reservation to see judge on 10/21, which is like 2 weeks after it's due. The police told me something about having to goto court and seeing the judge or something, i wasnt paying attention so that's why im all confused.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

"Random" underhood inspections have been deemed lawful based on the act being an inspection for emissions compliance and not search and seizure for illegal items.

Did the cop tell you that you were speeding, too?
Otherwise, I'm surprised you didn't ask under what grounds the officer pulled you over for...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
xtremefairladyz

The cops usually say "you have the right to fight this ticket yada yada yada" and if you want to you just follow the instructions and go to the court date. If you do not want to fight it, just pay for the ticket, which means you admit that you did wrong, therefore you do not have to go to court.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nere's a berrer one. I was hammered and a CH officer puuled me over. He drove me home and said I'd better not go back andf pickup my car....
Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Boba

Originally Posted by Anomaly
"Random" underhood inspections have been deemed lawful based on the act being an inspection for emissions compliance and not search and seizure for illegal items.

Did the cop tell you that you were speeding, too?
Otherwise, I'm surprised you didn't ask under what grounds the officer pulled you over for...

Thx for clarification, was about to get it on with him verbally, good thing I didnt or he might have ticketed me for other stuff. But i have a friend who's bf's bro is a LAPD... I doubt he can help me though since its different department. Oh well...

Originally Posted by RMichael
nere's a berrer one. I was hammered and a CH officer puuled me over. He drove me home and said I'd better not go back andf pickup my car....

PshhhhhhHhhhh ur just lucky

Thx for the help, problem solved.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
wannabuy350z

^wow...
Old 10-02-2008, 11:09 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

One time I got pulled over on the 405 right before my exit. This cop walks up to my passenger side window and I roll it down to see the largest pair of breasts I have ever seen. These breasts are attached to an attractive 30 something police officer who tells me that I was speeding. I apologize profusely for my inconsideration and explain to the officer that I was on my way to my girlfriends house and that I was very horny. I was shocked that I had actually said this to the officer, it just kind of slipped out. She tells me that it is dangerous to speed regardless of your reason and that in the sake of keeping the community safe she was going to have to do something about it. I am thinking, great here comes another friggin ticket, instead she suprises me and opens the car door and gets inside. She then proceeds to unbutton her shirt and flash her highbeams at me. She ended up giving me the best car blow job I have ever had, in the sake of keeping the community safe. When I was finished I headed over to my girlfriend's house and walked in with a huge smile on my face. She asked "Why are you smiling like that?" I replied "I just got pulled over".
Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

^P.S. for those with no sense of humor, this is a joke.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Fito68

LMAO good lunch break story bro.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba
cop tells me to pop my hood. First of all, does he have the right to do that, or could I have simply refused since I wasn't breaking the law?
W/o a search warrant, you do not have to consent with him. you do not need to open your trunk or allow searches.. however, if u say "ok" then cooperate with him, whatever he finds he's legally able to ping you on it.

Also, I got a fix it ticket for no front license plate a few months ago. I got it signed off but I don't know what to do now. I got the letter and it doesn't state bail amount, just says transaction fee of $10.00. Now my question is, do I only pay $10.00? And also, do I stick the original yellow ticket inside the envelope as well?
make a copy of the signed off ticket and mail the $10 at the place where they tell you to mail it along with the signed ticket.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

the problem with refusing to allow an officer to search your vehicle is that they will be more likely to give you tickets for ******** and you may **** them off as well.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or find a reason to impound your car which will = a search and you paying impound fees
Old 10-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

everyone should know their rights..
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
wynd d z33

i just got pulled over this morning by the city police i was going east n the cop was heading west he made a u turn.... while he was making that turn i took off my V1 radar before he pulled me over so he does n comes up the first thing he asked me is hey nice car you have here bet you got modifications on it huh.... told him no not really... you can check it out.. so he checks it out lol (i dont have anything beside bult ons n a pop charger) so he's looking. then tells me why i didnt buy some other intake cant even remember what brand it was never heard about it but anyways he asked for an ID told him oh you most likely want my registration hes like no no its ok you can go ahead n close the hood nice car by the way and that was it he could of wrote me up for no front plate lol i thought he was ganna do that since he was infront of the car n looking around but lucked out again * knocks on wood* lol

every since the ontario sting they be tryin to prove somthing lol

Last edited by wynd d z33; 10-02-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Rx Punk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what