Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

questions about spacers (?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default questions about spacers (?)

im looking into getting some spacers for the z, i have stock tired at the moment and i figured that since im gonne be replacing my shocks and adding lowering springs i might as well do the spacers as well.... im looking for advice on what specs would work best with stock. im not too sure on what everyone is going with or what brands are good so i kinna just want to get some of you IMO's....
thankx in advance
Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
carfi179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spec...well it depends on how aggressive you want it to look but I would consider at least 20mm front and 25mm rear. Brand...H&R. G/L.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
sosojeffcc

20mm front and 25mm rear is what i wanna do. I'm looking at the ichiba ones with the included hubcentric rings.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

i want it to look pretty aggro.... so is that the same you would recommend for an aggressive stance? how much do the spacers usually run new/used?
thanks carfi
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
carfi179

You can do 25mm/30mm rear, but that would be too much and you might not able to use it when you purchase an aftermarket wheels. 20/25 is good and aggressive enough. Hit up Dan SN:"Dspiel" he was selling a new set of spacers just bargain with him. Expect H&R new around $270+... if I can remember.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Equinox

i would go +25mm all around. That's what's on my car
Old 12-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Black Z Eddie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd wait until you've installed your suspension components before deciding on size of the spacers. Below is a simple guide:

Below are some pics of mine on stock suspension and wheels with 15 and 20 MM. I used the Ichiba Version 2 (something like that). Price I think was about $250 for the set. So, for more agressive look, you probably want a little wider spacers.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:35 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Equinox
i would go +25mm all around. That's what's on my car
any pics? i would think that would look kinna off...

no offense but i always thought a wider back and a more narrow front might be the look, dont think i have seen a Z with 25's all the way around... i would think it would look like one of those lean like a cholo 91' civics with the candy paint and dayton wire wheels but hey, like my girl says, im wrong twice a year
Old 12-14-2008, 01:40 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Z Eddie
I'd wait until you've installed your suspension components before deciding on size of the spacers. Below is a simple guide:

Below are some pics of mine on stock suspension and wheels with 15 and 20 MM. I used the Ichiba Version 2 (something like that). Price I think was about $250 for the set. So, for more agressive look, you probably want a little wider spacers.

only thing is i dont plan on doing suspension for a min (about 6 months) so i figured i would just go with the springs and spacers for the time being. is there a down side to having an aggressive stance with pretty much stock suspension and lowering springs that i need to take into consideration?
thanks for the info
Old 12-14-2008, 01:44 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

ok ok ok.... i think i know what you mean.... if i choose a spacer that may go out too far i will need my fenders rolled asap or i will be cutting tire correct? im going to drop the car about a inch. so you would recommend lowering first then choosing a spacer size?

hmm.... well if i want a aggro stance any ways then i will just have to get my fenders rolled regardless so either way im doomed i guess
Old 12-14-2008, 01:48 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

are there any "brands" that are better then the next or are they all pretty much the same? i would think its pretty much "preference" when it would come to a spacer but im a noob with this topic so iono
Old 12-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Black Z Eddie

[quote=M6SXTZ;6680701]is there a down side to having an aggressive stance with pretty much stock suspension and lowering springs that i need to take into consideration?
/quote]
There's always gonna those that argue that spacers are not safe. But, then, again, there are those that Auto-X and run theirs at the track (roadcourse/dragstrip) with no problems. I've taken my on 2800 mile roadtrip and run mine in the canyons.

Botton Line: Buy name brand (like H&R; Ichiba; Kics; etc. not eBay knock-offs) and install using a torque wrench to make sure you have even pressure.

Last edited by Black Z Eddie; 12-14-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Z Eddie
Botton Line: Buy name brand (like H&R; Ichiba; etc. not eBay knock-offs) and install using a torque wrench to make sure you have even pressure.
gotcha
Old 12-14-2008, 02:05 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

any down sides to purchasing USED name brand spacers or is that just a no no
Old 12-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Black Z Eddie

Originally Posted by M6SXTZ
any down sides to purchasing USED name brand spacers or is that just a no no
I would only do it if it's local so I can check it to make sure it's not warped and stripped. And, if it's significantly cheaper than a brand new one.

Also, I don't think they make "slip-on" spacers that wide, just make sure they are "bolt-ons". Here's a link to Ichiba's with the spacer installed:

http://www.ichibausa.com/15albowhsp6.html
Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

ive had project kics 25mm front and rear spacers for almost a year, had no problems or issues whatsoever i feel that they are amazingly good chris, oh yeah and they are hubcentric as well
Old 12-14-2008, 03:11 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

ben thanks a bunch brotha... how much did you spend for yours?

eddie thanks for the info also, im gonna check the link now...
Old 12-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Equinox

any pics? i would think that would look kinna off...

no offense but i always thought a wider back and a more narrow front might be the look, dont think i have seen a Z with 25's all the way around... i would think it would look like one of those lean like a cholo 91' civics with the candy paint and dayton wire wheels but hey, like my girl says, im wrong twice a year
wha? If you are adding the same size spacer on all 4 corners, they wheels should be relatively the same front/rear, just spaced out the same amount.

I'm going to say you're wrong on this one haha

I'll see if i can find a recent pic and will post it later tonight.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Rommy

im looking into getting some spacers for the z, i have stock tired at the moment and i figured that since im gonne be replacing my shocks and adding lowering springs i might as well do the spacers as well.... im looking for advice on what specs would work best with stock. im not too sure on what everyone is going with or what brands are good so i kinna just want to get some of you IMO's....
thankx in advance
On a different note, don't replace your shocks and add springs. Spend a little bit more and get coilovers. You won't regret it.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 AM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Equinox
wha? If you are adding the same size spacer on all 4 corners, they wheels should be relatively the same front/rear, just spaced out the same amount.

I'm going to say you're wrong on this one haha

I'll see if i can find a recent pic and will post it later tonight.
DAMN you right, i am wrong... well this is my 2nd time of this year so at least i know i will be right for the remainder of whats left lolz.... i say a few pics online... it dont look bad at all

Quick Reply: questions about spacers (?)