Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

ANY LAPD on here??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thread now i will know who's lapd an who to keep the Z away from =)
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^
hahahaa

you live in Valencia... you already do keep the z away from everyone
Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn eric.. you serious?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M6SXTZ
^^
hahahaa

you live in Valencia... you already do keep the z away from everyone

lol, what's a Valencia? is that an ice cream?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
damn eric.. you serious?
lol serious about what?

Originally Posted by carfi179
Just answer with honesty, those questions will be asked a few times during the remaining 9 steps... to get to the academy (your polygraph and dept. interview for the most part). Just be honest. Been there done that. I passed my dept. interview and was on my way to Academy.

I backed out, can't take a huge pay cut for now. I highly suggest that you start working on your stamina (start running). I also suggest to take a ride along with a Sgt. 77th division for more action

Good luck Eric.
thank you. i just took the essay exam. ive started running since i read online that i have to finish 1.5 miles in 10 minutes 30 seconds!! i can sprint but im weak in endurance runs, so ive started training about a week ago.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by supernadc2
good thread now i will know who's lapd an who to keep the Z away from =)
lol, if i were you i'd try to be friends with all the cops i run into.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:09 AM
xpl0de

the academy cannot be as bad as marine corps boot camp...but its a lot longer...so i donno...i dont think a mile and half in 10 min 30 sec is too hard...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 PM
USMCkang

I'm in the process for the LAPD.. got my 2nd department interview next week.

Just know if you are trying to join the LAPD b/c the economy is bad and it's just your 'back-up' job your most likely going to get weeded out somewhere in the process.

I'm also in BG at the moment and it is supposed to be very grueling and long. They will interview your neighbors, family members, etc..

PQE you should be fine, PAT is a joke, Poly, just stick to what your going to say don't even think about trying to beat the machine b/c it will beat you and that's all it's there for; not to pick up lies, department interview.. Go to Oral Prep Seminar and attend a Ride-A-Long and if you REALLY want the job, commit to a CAP schedule.. BG.. hopefully your background is clean and you don't associate with felons/sold/done drugs more then 10 times.. As far as everything else goes, if your former Military I heard the academy is a joke. Just the same ol' yelling in your face push you to your limit and push you farther but no mindgames like my Corps did to me when I was in.

Pay is good, I did a ride-a-long with the 77th and southeast district which controls South Central LA and in a period of 4 hours I responded to a shooting, gang meeting, rumble, attempted suicide, and a Domestic Violence call where a husband beat the hell out of his wife.

All in all, make sure it's what you want and this is what you dreamed of doing. I see aLOT of applicants at some of the candidate functions who're there just to be there and next week when it comes time to meet, those people are gone, DQ'd from the process. PM me if you have any more questions I'll try to answer em best I can.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 AM
gimpster621

^ so if you dont mind me asking, what made you leave the corps? i see more and more active marines becoming cops after they get discharged. lot of guys in my reserve unit went to be sheriffs or PD after deployment in 05
Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 AM
USMCkang

my contract was up?

I want to join the LAPD because that was my plan initially when I joined the Corps.. My goal is to become a Homicide Detective. Also in the PD, it's pretty much a para-military lifestyle which I am very comfortable with and the camaraderie within the PD is similar to what I experienced in the Corps. Would love to make something like that into a career.