Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

|| d e r a i l //

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:44 AM
RRMikey

Ti-C!!! hahaha... FTW! go for the aem... same performance, less money. plus, nobody really notices when you smoke them anyways. lol.

boba, if you tape it up then cut, you still might have some small chips... do both.. tape, cut, then touch up paint. lol.
Old 04-07-2009 | 10:44 AM
General_Malice

Originally Posted by Boba
Btw I'm still digging the Chargespeed rear bumper........
so you getting a new rear? hehe
Old 04-07-2009 | 11:51 AM
RRMikey

Originally Posted by General_Malice
so you getting a new rear? hehe
if boba mess up he's gonna be getting a new rear... lol.

are you sure about cutting with a demel? i mean damn, that's a lot to cut. with a demel, you need to have some steady *** hands or else it comes out uneven. just becareful when you cut boba. i wanna see it when you're done. you are the fast and furious boyeee!!!!!
Old 04-07-2009 | 12:00 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by General_Malice
another buyer for the ti-c?
you want in on the group buy also? hahaha
lol... I'm leaning toward HKS exhaust though... stealthier

as for AEM or AMS... ahhhhh brand loyalty or not. but the AMS Black Intake looks like sex. Black > Chrome piping
Old 04-07-2009 | 12:06 PM
RRMikey

Originally Posted by m0nkie
lol... I'm leaning toward HKS exhaust though... stealthier

as for AEM or AMS... ahhhhh brand loyalty or not. but the AMS Black Intake looks like sex. Black > Chrome piping
dammit... go with Ti-C hahahaa... just like everyone else in our area. lol...

i agree black>chrome... but since perforamce=performance and $>$$$$ and AMS=$$$$. get what i'm saying?
Old 04-07-2009 | 12:13 PM
RRMikey

not to derail or anything... but on the front page... i'm sick and tired of seeing pics from the same person, like every pic is their's from their photo album. i liked the old way, where they took one from each person. now, i see the same shiet in all 5 pics. some of them look just down right nasty. geez.

Last edited by RRMikey; 04-07-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2009 | 12:52 PM
General_Malice

Originally Posted by RRMikey
not to derail or anything... but on the front page... i'm sick and tired of seeing pics from the same person, like every pic is their's from their photo album. i liked the old way, where they took one from each person. now, i see the same shiet in all 5 pics. some of them look just down right nasty. geez.
+1
Old 04-07-2009 | 01:44 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by RRMikey

I have mined saved straight to Socal section noobs. so I skip all that bs page in the front.. even with the ghetto black background with 1 car pix before.. skipped right to Socal
Old 04-07-2009 | 01:46 PM
RRMikey

I have mined saved straight to Socal section noobs. so I skip all that bs page in the front.. even with the ghetto black background with 1 car pix before.. skipped right to Socal
i check other section tho... so i go through the regular b.s.
Old 04-07-2009 | 01:48 PM
m0nkie

im asking Peter how much his shop can hook me up with the parts. if its reasonable, ill stick with AMS. it's actually similar price to AEM.. like an extra 60-80$
Old 04-07-2009 | 02:38 PM
aloh

FML!!!!

I just got rear ended by some jerk in a civic. I was sitting at a stoplight waiting for the left turn arrow to turn green, and BAM....

My precious DAMD CF diffuser and Varis CF exhaust shields are smashed to hell now

I need to talk to peter...
Old 04-07-2009 | 02:53 PM
General_Malice

^^ thats fuct up. glad you're ok tho.
Old 04-07-2009 | 03:53 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Boba
Lets go this weekend... Saturday morning?
you guys not going formula D??? thats this weekend longbeach. im going for sure
Old 04-07-2009 | 04:02 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by aloh
FML!!!!

I just got rear ended by some jerk in a civic. I was sitting at a stoplight waiting for the left turn arrow to turn green, and BAM....

My precious DAMD CF diffuser and Varis CF exhaust shields are smashed to hell now

bro, you get his insurance and DL info?!?! wtf!
Old 04-07-2009 | 04:31 PM
RRMikey

fukkkkkk aloh... you serious? damn hope you're ok. how bad is the z beside the diffuser and the side?

what an idiot... was he admiring your car and not paying attention... dood. i'm sorry to hear bro.

oh yeah formula d is this weekend. i don't think i'm gonna go this year. even in the toyota vip tent, the view is only so-so... you see the cars coming out of turn 1 and initiate drift into turn 2... but that's about it. you're very close to the track... but i donno.
Old 04-07-2009 | 04:32 PM
RRMikey

im asking Peter how much his shop can hook me up with the parts. if its reasonable, ill stick with AMS. it's actually similar price to AEM.. like an extra 60-80$
the AMS looks pretty open... you sure it won't be sucking in hot air from the motor? the AEM is complete enclosed, and is using the ram air from the front... this might be a better design than the AMS. but maybe there's something i am missing. i'm not very familar with evo's.
Old 04-07-2009 | 04:47 PM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Originally Posted by aloh
FML!!!!

ouchh dude. i JUST saw your car in the back right now. thats gotta hurt.
Old 04-07-2009 | 04:49 PM
RRMikey

damn... alex's car already at m1 richie?? geez... fast. how bad is it richie?
Old 04-07-2009 | 05:22 PM
aloh

yeah i talked to peter and he told me to bring i to M1 asap. I just got back from getting my rental. I didnt get to meet you richie, but when im back at M1 we'll meet.

My rear bumper most likely has to be replaced. The middle part of the diffuser is focked. The lower half of it is probably still laying out on the street. Varis heat shields are cracked badly too. The sides seem to be fine, but i didnt look at the points where the rivets were holding it down. If it was bad enough, the flexing of the bumper could have caused cracking at the rivets. I have no idea if the exhaust was pushed in any from the impact

Good news is, I'm just fine. I got the guy's insurance info and everything. He wasnt a douche about it or anything so that was alright. What happend was I was gonna make a left from valley blvd onto grand, but the left turn arrow turned yellow then red, so i stopped. I was the first car in line at the intersection. I was completely stopped for about 2-3 seconds, and thats when I heard this huge THUD and my car lurched forward a bit. The first thing that went through my head was "MY FACKING DIFFUSER!!!" At first i was afraid he was gonna run off as soon as the light turned green, but he didnt. I knew i should have just sped up and made the left turn anyway...FML

Could have been worse...
Old 04-07-2009 | 05:31 PM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

i'm just glad youre okay man. when are you gonna be back at the shop because im here only a few times a week. keep me updated dude and for sure we`ll take care of you.