Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

ipod help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:05 PM
FastZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod help!!

how do u transfer songs from ipod > computer?

if the ipod is already loaded with bunch of songs can u make a seperate (file) and put another itunes song list in there?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think ur screwed there... the only way to transfer (that i know of) is to sync that actual ipod/iphone WITH that computer, meaning that you have to format it and all... when you do that im pretty sure that that action will in turn delete ALL the saved files (songs and otherwise) from the ipod/iphone... that is how they protect the transfer and duplication of music the user did not acquire through a purchasing process.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:55 AM
ekidd

if you have a mac, i have a program on my thumbdrive i can send to you called ipodrip.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 AM
booon

if its an older ipod, and you can actually see the ipod as a hard drive you can actually pull the folder that has all the songs. you only really want just the songs cause all the metadata is in the songs themselves (track/artist/albumcovers) get those and put it somewhere on your computer. then fire up itunes and go ahead and sync, and then throw that folder full of songs that you ripped from the ipod into itunes music library. it also helps if you tell itunes to copy the file and have it automatically organize it, that should be in the preferences>advanced tab> copy files to itunes music folder when adding to library, also check the keep itunes music folder organized. the folder full of songs you can tell its the right one cause it would be big if you right click>properties.

that should work for unprotected songs. should.

also if you're paranoid you dont have to sync, you could just throw the songs into itunes library to see how many songs it will find.

Last edited by booon; 03-27-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: NOTHING!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Use a free program called Senuti (itunes backwards) you can plug in any ipod and rip the music off it to your computer.

You will then need to format the Ipod for your computer and make a new songlist in Itunes.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:41 AM
dieselmcore

fast, do u have a mac or pc?

cause its diff for each..
Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 AM
savvy

yeah just google your exact question and you will come up with a step by step on how to do it. i did the exact thing a few years back when my computer crashed and i lost everything. They on'y let you sync to one comp I'm sure for piracy reasons. What would stop you from taking your friends ipod and dumping 10,000 songs onto your computer?