Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Where's the love?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:48 PM
kaiser23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the love?

Anyone notice a sharp decline in comradery among Z owners on the roads lately? When I first got my car, EVERY Z owner I saw would wave back when waved to, would wave at me before I even waved to them. The past month or so has seen a steep decline in waving, flashing, etc. No one I see in a Z waves, or flashes anymore. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I just look like an *******, and no one wants to wave at me.

-Sean
Old 09-17-2003, 11:31 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

the cars become to common, ill still flash you though
Old 09-18-2003, 04:28 AM
TOM JONES

2nd generation, last year when you saw another 350 you would wave,honk, hell i tried to pull them over just to talk avbout the car, we had kind of a brother-sisterhood going, but we still have the crew and the love of the car, screw em. tom
Old 09-18-2003, 07:19 AM
BullishZ

Sean... I feel you man!

Just the other day, I was driving down Newport Blvd. on my way home from work. In my rearview mirror, I see another Silverstone... looks like an enthusiast model. He's a couple of cars behind me, but I can tell he was rushing up to catch up with me. So I slowed down... and when he got about to my level, I looked at him and just as I'm about to wave, HE BONES OUT! He didn't want to catch up to me... he wanted to PASS me. WTF! He didn't even look over.

We have the same car. Why he trying to race me?!?!
Old 09-18-2003, 07:39 AM
350zluvr

Thumbs up

A few weeks ago I saw a chrome silver Z pull up next to me at the light. I had my windows down so I admired his Z and yelled nice car : . So he smiles rolls his window down and tell sme the same, and then proceeds to tell me how my Silverstone was really the color he wanted to get but they where all out. Funny thing is his girlfriend was right next to him and he didn't bother trying to look macho in front of her or anything. He was just plain cool .

One morning I was driving to work and was waiting for the light as the first car in the line. A white 350Z passed me going the perpendicular direction and honked as he passed.

I really think it says a lot more when someone buys a nice looking car and still show admiration for other vehicles on the road instead of trying to look like a badazz behind the wheel.

Unfortunantly, these are rare occassions.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:08 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup. I feel the same way too. No luv.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:33 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Saw a SS during my morning commute (and I almost never see Z's during my commute). I look over at the woman in the other car and she didn't look over once. She should go back to driving her Camry.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:51 AM
kaiser23

I pulled up next to this chick in a le mans Z, and she was just sitting there talking on her cell phone. I just looked over, seeing if she was gonna look back. Nope. She came from behind me too, so she definitely saw the car. She hung up her cell phone, and STILL didn't even look over. Kept her eyes straight ahead. She looked like the "I'm a hot chick, and I've got a Z, so I'm better than anyone else" type. Probably the "Rich husband bought it for me" type too. *sigh* oh well. I'm with Tom's sentiments.

-Sean
Old 09-18-2003, 10:12 AM
iris

I run into the "I'm a yuppie/working stiff and I need to be doing business and conducting deals all the time on my cell phone so I am never going to look at anybody else" types.

I need to change my commute.

Off topic, I was following hfm from the oil change down Hawthorne Blvd at 40-45 mph - 3 lanes, but 3rd lane had cars parked very sporradically. The Camry behind me thinks she's going to jump in the 3rd lane and cut me off. DREAM ON! Just b/c I have a pretty car doesn't mean I'm not going to play! I almost ran her into the Ford Explorer in the 3rd lane, , we were both laying on our horns, and then she screamed FAWK YOU YOU ****! People need to chill out! Man, that made me laugh and laugh. Poor Mike probably shat his pants though when she started veering into my Z.

I hate that shlt! Starting shlt just cuz I have a Z! I used to cave in too when I first got the Z - didn't want to mess the Z up.

Last edited by iris; 09-18-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:13 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I keep hearing that song, "what is love?" over and over again in my head now. Look what you did man, I'm going to need therapy due to this thread.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:05 AM
nooooorb

Originally posted by hfm
Man, I keep hearing that song, "what is love?" over and over again in my head now. Look what you did man, I'm going to need therapy due to this thread.
Geez... I had to read your post, didn't I? Now that stupid song is stuck in my head too. Dammit! Maybe I'll start an "Annoying Song in Your Head" tread.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:29 PM
hfm

Originally posted by iris
[B]Off topic, I was following hfm from the oil change down Hawthorne Blvd at 40-45 mph - 3 lanes, but 3rd lane had cars parked very sporradically. The Camry behind me thinks she's going to jump in the 3rd lane and cut me off. DREAM ON! Just b/c I have a pretty car doesn't mean I'm not going to play! I almost ran her into the Ford Explorer in the 3rd lane, , we were both laying on our horns, and then she screamed FAWK YOU YOU ****! People need to chill out! Man, that made me laugh and laugh. Poor Mike probably shat his pants though when she started veering into my Z.
Hehe, did you notice that I braked slightly and slowed down so that the Camry couldn't cut in front of you? She was going nowhere fast.

And, what is it that you had to do?

Noooooooorb, annoying isn't it? LOL!
Old 09-18-2003, 01:37 PM
iris

Originally posted by hfm
And, what is it that you had to do?
What do you mean? You mean after the oil change? We just wanted to go eat dinner - you were going to the bar. ?? is that what you mean?
Old 09-18-2003, 01:42 PM
hfm

No, no...under your avatar...."I had to do it!"
Old 09-18-2003, 01:55 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by hfm
No, no...under your avatar...."I had to do it!"
Maybe talking about the tattoo?
Old 09-18-2003, 01:59 PM
iris

Originally posted by nooooorb
Geez... I had to read your post, didn't I? Now that stupid song is stuck in my head too. Dammit! Maybe I'll start an "Annoying Song in Your Head" tread.
what is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is Love?
whoa whoa whoa whoa yeah

Wasn't this used in the cheerleading skit on Sat Night Life? haha, Will Ferrell is the funniest guy ever. I can't wait for Elf to come out. Old School - you gotta see it if you haven't already.

and in answer to your question, it's just my general life philosophy.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:27 PM
SizongZ

It seems to me that's it's about 50/50 when I see people in their Z's. Just yesterday a lady in a SC pulled up next to me and wanted me to roll my window down to tell me that she wanted my brickyard... LOL...
But then the day before I saw a SS going up 805 N in Daygo looked like he tried to cut me off .... but did no good cause I was just pulling onto the offramp...
Bullish... where do you live.. Keep seeing you making reference to Newport Beach Blvd. I'm just past the PCH on Newport.
Old School is hilarious.... great movie.
but please stop with that song.....
Old 09-18-2003, 02:29 PM
hfm

Originally posted by iris
what is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is Love?
whoa whoa whoa whoa yeah

Wasn't this used in the cheerleading skit on Sat Night Life? haha, Will Ferrell is the funniest guy ever. I can't wait for Elf to come out. Old School - you gotta see it if you haven't already.

and in answer to your question, it's just my general life philosophy.
Damn it!! You just had to write out the words, didn't you. Yeah, that SNL skit is one of my favorites.

Damn it!! Now I'm visualizing two dudes in funky suits with their heads bobbing to this song.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:56 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
the cars become to common, ill still flash you though

please dont flash us
Old 09-18-2003, 04:09 PM
nooooorb

Originally posted by hfm
Damn it!! You just had to write out the words, didn't you. Yeah, that SNL skit is one of my favorites.
True... You really didn't have to write out the words. I actually caught myself humming this song at work. Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Damn it!! Now I'm visualizing two dudes in funky suits with their heads bobbing to this song.
Either that, or the two dudes sanwich a girl and start bouncing her like a ping-pong.

As promised here's the Annoying Songs thread.

Last edited by nooooorb; 09-18-2003 at 04:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Where's the love?