Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tires Buy Mark

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 03:45 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tires Buy Mark

$800 for Toyo Proxies T1-S or Bridgestone Potenza S0-3s including installation, valve stems, balancing and flat fix. This was for stock 18" wheels. They will probably have great prices for other sizes and widths as well.

Tires Buy Mark
7510 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Canoga Park, CA 91303

Ask for Mark or Terry at 818.992.0580.

And, importantly, tell them Dan Lee with the blue 350Z referred you so that I can get the good will for even better discounts.

Why should you do this? Cause I doubt you'll find a better price and this referral should save you some $$$. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2003, 03:29 PM
hfm

I can't recommend this location any longer. I'll post details later.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:31 PM
___DJK___

shady
Old 10-02-2003, 03:49 PM
hfm

Originally posted by ___DJK___
shady
No, nothing illegitimate. Lets just say they weren't as cool with someone I referred as they were with me. While they could match an online vendors pricing after mounting and balancing, they were asking for a deposit. When I dealt with them, they beat everyone else's pricing and never asked for a deposit.

Due to this inconsistancy, caveat emptor and, I don't want to be responsible for any bad experience with this vendor.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:11 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those are definitely good prices. anyone else deal with this shop?
Old 10-03-2003, 08:38 AM
bobowah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAH

Dan are you going to say my hookup was bad too?

Dan I hope you understand what an hookup is.

You are getting it cheap with no or very little customer service.

You might have to wait for stuff too.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:09 AM
hfm

Originally posted by bobowah
Dan I hope you understand what an hookup is.

You are getting it cheap with no or very little customer service.
That's not a hook-up in my book.

I would say Coz hooked me up with my flywheel since I got it for less than JWT direct with and with shipping benefits (I'll keep the exact nature of this confidential). His pricing and service were both A+. That's a hook-up.

Ditto with LaBree. I got the Borla TD for a couple hundred less than retail and still cheaper than prices from most places I see now with free installation. His pricing and service were both A+. That's a hook-up.

Now, when a place like TBM gives me a great price with great service and I recommend them, I would think they would treat other customers just as well. They didn't. That's not a hook-up.

Sure, the price is equal to an online vendor but, if they disrespect someone by asking for a deposit when they didn't ask one from me, that's just wrong. The special order excuse doesn't fly because my tires were special ordered as well.

Yes, they still have great prices. Yes, I would go back to them. No, I can't recommend them to everyone because they don't treat all customers as well. It's up to you to decide whether you want to go to them. But, whatever the case maybe, I'm not recommending them in anyway.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:18 AM
M Powered

Just go to America's Discount Tires down Topanga before Victory. I had 4 S03 mounted, balanced, fix flat, bla bla bla, out the door with tax $711.00

My tire sizes are 235/45/17F - 265/40/17R

No deposit and tires arrive usually the next day.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:38 PM
bobowah

Originally posted by hfm
That's not a hook-up in my book.

I would say Coz hooked me up with my flywheel since I got it for less than JWT direct with and with shipping benefits (I'll keep the exact nature of this confidential). His pricing and service were both A+. That's a hook-up.

Dan, do you forget quickly... Didn't you post that you would not buy from COZ? b/c they deleted your gb posts for the borla exhausts...

oh well...

To each there own... if I can get it cheap and in a timely manner then I'll be happy.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:07 PM
hfm

Originally posted by bobowah
Dan, do you forget quickly... Didn't you post that you would not buy from COZ? b/c they deleted your gb posts for the borla exhausts...

oh well...

To each there own... if I can get it cheap and in a timely manner then I'll be happy.
Jeff

Why did you bring that up on this forum? I specifically stated that issue would be left on your forum. Moreover, what does that have to do with this thread? What were you thinking?

Since you brought the issue up here, yes, I was banning Coz. Yes, I still think he was behind a lot of problems with group buys because of the competition. Yes, I think some of my posts were deleted because of him. Do you really think I forgot about that? When I got pissed about the group buy policy I said screw this forum for several months. I don't change my mind about anything without good reason.

Why am I back? Because, like MastakillaZ said, there are private group buys with reasonable rules. Why did I decide to try Coz? Because I saw the he was genuinely helping forum members. I made of point of buying from Coz despite the past because he is helping forum members. As a matter of fact, I told him that's why he's seeing my business.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with hook ups and why the fu*k to I need to be responding about this sh*t? Your bringing up this issue is in very bad form. I think you did that because you didn't like my responses. If you don't like my response, say so and explain. Maybe I'll agree. But, bringing this crap up was wrong.

Dan
Old 10-06-2003, 09:00 AM
bobowah

Dan,

If I offended you or you feel that it was brought up in bad taste or whatever, I apologize...

" Dan, I am sorry"

I'm just confused b/c you complain so much about stuff. That it's all merges into one...

so thus my comments...

But back to the topic...

Usually with special order wheels, most places ask for a deposit including America's Tire...

If you have more or less a standard tire size they will bring it in and be able to move it.

But if you are getting 19" for example not as many people will buy those tires so they want to make sure you will buy them.

275/35/19 for example not really a standard tire... not like 245/30/19 which will fit on most riceboy cars....