Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

HELP!!!!!!! High Pitch tone after 3'000 RPM?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd check alternator and belts.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by ~SpInNeY~
i just checked all the wires and the head unit (Kenwood KVT- 815 DVD head unit,today .....but it still happens.....now really get me thinking would that be a bad connection of the battery negative side? throttle body ( but i just had it replaced a new one 2 yrs ago)? or vaccum hose leak???

damn the sound is way too loud that i can't just ignore it .....

Coming from a guy with a Kenwood unit on audiworld (bolded is what I showed you in the earlier posted pic):

http://account.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=387379

"I've had EXTENSIVE experience dealing with grounding problems in Car Stereos and while getting a noise filter will decrease the amount of audible whine, they also degrade your overall sound quality which in my opinion is not acceptable. Even with the best noise filters you will still hear some whine in quiet passages so your're really just applying a band-aid solution. Some of the things you should be aware of are :

1) When you are grounding your amps you should use the shortest length of cable possible.

2) When you ground the amp to the car body make sure that you sand the area where you are bolting the ground to make sure your ground wire does not come in contact with any paint. This may sound strange but most cars have metallic paint. If you ground to the car body on a car with metallic paint your ground is not isolated (as it should be) and you are in fact opening yourself up to a ground loop.

3)Your ground should be securely fastened to the surface of the car body.

4) Also, make sure your deck is properly grounded using the common ground that was provided by the guys in Germany. If you are using an external CD Changer controller, also make sure that it is connected to the common ground as that is another point of entry for alternator whine.

5) Another thing to consider as well is the connections to the CD changer. You want to make sure you use good quality composite (RCA) cables that will provide adequate sheilding from the other wires that it will cross from the front to the back of the car. Don't automaticaly assume that a good quality Home Audio RCA cable is adequate for Car Audio.

6) Another thing to consider, (which is a rule of thumb in the Car Audio industry), you should always run your power cable for your amp (as well as the remote wire) down one side of the car and your audio cables down the opposite side. The reason for this is obvious.

7) Check the connections on your speakers, if the -ve terminal on the speaker is touching the car body it too could cause a ground loop, introducing noise into the system.

8) Last but not least, try grounding the RCA's running from the deck to the Amps/CD Changers. You can do this by taking a 14gauge wire and wrapping it around the metal connector (not the core but the outside) and then connect it to the common ground at the deck. This is probably the easiest to implement and is usually the most effective so I'd start here.

If you feel queasy about trying the above, by all means go ahead and get the Noise reducer. IMO, it's not worth the trade off, but I'm an Audiophile with sensitive ears . They're not that expensive so give it a shot, if you don't like it you can try my suggestions. Good luck and let me know how it goes."
Old 02-19-2010, 02:14 PM
~SpInNeY~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, 35oZephyR

i guess i will have to take out all the interior, and try to locate the problem again since i didn't really check wires for the amp and sub .....so maybe the wires that connected to the amp have problem ???

but this is really a trouble just to locate what's wrong with it...i wish it was just a easy fix ...but guess not...

i hope this will fix the problem after i take out all the interiors and do the wire. if not .....i guess i will have to live with it till some real problem come out......???????
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by ~SpInNeY~
Thanks, 35oZephyR

i guess i will have to take out all the interior, and try to locate the problem again since i didn't really check wires for the amp and sub .....so maybe the wires that connected to the amp have problem ???

but this is really a trouble just to locate what's wrong with it...i wish it was just a easy fix ...but guess not...

i hope this will fix the problem after i take out all the interiors and do the wire. if not .....i guess i will have to live with it till some real problem come out......???????
Dude....I don't think you're reading me correctly. I'm trying to help so you don't have to tear your car apart.

Did you ground your RCA's at the headunit?

Basically wrap a wire around the RCA outputs on your headunit, then attach the wire to the frame of the headunit. Like so...

Do this first, then we'll know to move on from there. Apparently this is an issue with Pioneer and Kenwood units.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 PM
~SpInNeY~

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Dude....I don't think you're reading me correctly. I'm trying to help so you don't have to tear your car apart.

Did you ground your RCA's at the headunit?

Basically wrap a wire around the RCA outputs on your headunit, then attach the wire to the frame of the headunit. Like so...

Do this first, then we'll know to move on from there. Apparently this is an issue with Pioneer and Kenwood units.
actually i totally understand what u were talking about ....however, i do not have anything like that at the back of my HU.

the back of my HU have only 2 output, one is to the DVD receiver, and the other one have numerous wires to connect to the car's wires.

that's why i have no clue what to do beside taking the other route....actually today after i reset the HU, the noise seems like lower a lil bit...but it's still there....let me take some pic of the back of my HU and let u see....it might explain it more clear.

but i'm really appreciated you help and support.

i will keep update it. thanks,
Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
~SpInNeY~

after i checked all the wired and changed a new ground position but it still happens......

do you think changing a new amp or putting a Capacitors will help this problem????
Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM
VolkZ

if it sounds like a super charger, coming from the rear.. i'd vote the gear & pinion in the diff. happened to my brothers s2000
Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
VolkZ

it also happened after a bout 3,000 rpm for his car, in 2nd 3rd and on up. and you can hear it over the engine and the exhaust
Old 02-26-2010, 02:36 PM
~SpInNeY~

Originally Posted by VolkZ
if it sounds like a super charger, coming from the rear.. i'd vote the gear & pinion in the diff. happened to my brothers s2000
it coming from the front as i believe. so i don't think and don't wannt be the gear and diff. b/c it will even cost me alot more.....
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM
~SpInNeY~

Originally Posted by VolkZ
You r right man, after i went to another mechanic and they found out is b/c of the diff, and bearing and stuff....

since the last time when i went to do maintance, that freaking store put wrong oil into the tranny, and diff. so now i am all fXXKed.......
Old 03-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Synjn

Check your oil level...
Old 03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
wazhucks

i believe i have the same problem as you... i get a whine on the throttle... but when the musics on i cant hear it.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 AM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the same issue and i was able to fix mine. if you use the harness from the head unit to the car its not grounded the right way. because there is no ground in the harness to the car. the only ground is with the antenna. use the ground cable from the head unit to the chassis. also make sure the amp isnt turned up too high!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Chomorro

I had this issue in my old tt300z. Turned out to be a worn out drive shaft.