Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

god damn irvine police

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
RedlineRedZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got ticketed last year for this same exact thing at IVC, near the entrance where the student union is. I tried fighting it, but all they do is send you a premade response about how you have to pay the fee. It was ridiculous, and needless to say, I don't see the reason why I have to pay for parking, AND get cited for such stupid reasons, so more often than not I just ride to school.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

When I was at UCI they would say "hi" or "how you doing" to the ladies and stare down the guys. lol
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kajuraelai
lol! "hes not chinese or Persian! get the nightsticks out! "
Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 PM
kajuraelai

because the "gang" unit in irvine is SOOooOOOoooo busy lol
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
World Famous Z

I understand that it's super frustrating, that things like this happen. Trust me, I understand 100%. It sucks. And I get why you want to vent. But venting isn't going to make a difference unfortunately.

Why don't you write a formal letter of complaint to the school? Or try and schedule a meeting with the security office to explain the situation.

But in the end, although these are small issues, rules are rules. If you feel the rules are too ****, get together with other students and write a petition or something. Rules can change, but not just for one person, so the more people who share your feelings, the better off you are.

just a few ideas..
Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 PM
jass168

Default hummm

1. Cop don't cite the parking ticket mostly the parking ticket was cite by parking enforcement.

2. When you put the gear in reverse the reverse light will be on, whitch is the brite white light on the cars tail, so people will notice the car is going to back up, if you park tail in, passing vehicle may not see you comming out and potentialy causing accident.

3. If some one going to rob you please don't call the cop, since you hate them very much, lol jk

Last edited by jass168; 03-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:46 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what are u guys complaining about? have u ever got a parking ticket for a bike, not motorcycle but bicycle, i got a freaking ticket for my bicycle because my front tire was not completely placed in the bike rack. btw, I go to UCSD school of med. One of my buddy even got a ticket for skateboarding on the road where bike lane was supposed to be. he didnt know that. he thought he can share the road with bicycles. I was with him when a freaking cop pulled up after us with siren on. I was like what the hell? But i understand that skater should not be on the road for safety reason. i respect that. However, i cant deal with giving my bike a ticket! they said they already gave me a warning once which i never received. they said that was my second time so they gave me a ticket. they said if i am caught the third time they will confiscate my bike and i have to pay the fee including storage! Therefore, i think ur school is better. at least they dont go after bike!!! i think ucsd is the only dump school that go after bicycles!!!

my bike do not have a license plate but it does have a serial number and they keep record of that!!!

i am so glad i go to UCSD, a school that tell students to take alternative for transportation, a school that encourage people to ride buses to save the environment, a school that stand behind bike rider. But they never tell us that they will be looking forward to giving us ticket, to rip us off our hard earning........ m_n_y
Old 03-06-2011, 12:51 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by jass168
1. Cop don't cite the parking ticket mostly the parking ticket was cite by parking enforcement.

2. When you put the gear in reverse the reverse light will be on, whitch is the brite white light on the cars tail, so people will notice the car is going to back up, if you park tail in, passing vehicle may not see you comming out and potentialy causing accident.

3. If some one going to rob you please don't call the cop, since you hate them very much, lol jk
what about places that are difficult to go in head first?

and btw, i took many test at our famous DMV and they never said anything about when parking we have to drive in and not backing in. I got a Class B license with an M1 endorsement. I took lots of writing tests!!!

I dont think they can give you ticket for backing in unless it is a one way parking! i will ask a cop to see if i am correct!!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by WillyP28
It’s not the cops that always make excuses but the people who get the tickets. Law states that if you back into a spot and do not have a front license plate it is illegal. You can not have a parked car without a visible license plate. Also each state has it own laws. Some states say you can not back into parking spots and some states allow it. Follow the rules and you won’t have any problems.
u might be right for not having the front license plate!

but i know that we can back into a parking space in COWLIFUCNIA
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
John H.

Unfortunate, but I advise to pay it. I know someone in that dept. They have cut back hours and OT. So, the Officers are pissed....especially P/T. Also, the City needs money.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little old thread lol
My school just raised the parking violation fee $5-$10 more ..a$$ holes
Old 03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Lahaina

Default Fun stuff

I have had many "peace officers" in my direct and extended family, just to note I'm not a "peace dude" aka PD's. So back to point, our real time PD's, are somewhat different from the "Mayberry RFD" type of the past, which were some of our best souls, and the trusted examples of all that is good about our USA. It's so bad that has faded, damn, and we all know there are a few good PD's out there, we can feel it when we exchange moments with them, and God bless those good souls. But time has taken the majority of true centurions, sad as it is even in my family of PD's there are just a few that meet the calling. Unfortunately the RFD's, are not the majority of PD's anymore, and thus the majority of them are confused of their directive. And so we must endure the hits for silly issues when crime should be the target, not infractions designed to punish the commons. Sorry for so many of us that get it from both ends when we should be an ally with our PD's on what really matters. And sorry you got a howdy this round, hey just a heads up for you, there are more "fun times" to come, smile and stand above it.

Take care and God bless.

Originally Posted by JDMStanced
i hate police and i'll never like them especially those in Irvine Valley College. I go to IVC and got a parking ticket. A parking ticket issued ($35 !!!) because i displayed the parking permit on the driver side instead of passenger side I always displayed the permit on the passenger for like 2 years and never got a ticket. Those f***s must be really desperate for money this year. Isn't it usually normal to display any kind of permits on the passenger side unless it's like one time PASS? I requested them to take the freaking ticket back and got an email that says to send the damn money.
One time, when i was passing by a police car, the school worker(?) drove little golf cart to the cop in the police car and said "that son of a ***** parked backward!" He sounded really mad. WTF. ANd told the cop to go ticket the car. Parking backward = rear bumper facing outside(where you enter) rather than the front bumper facing inside. I wish some cops watch my thread and stop ripping off people for little things that won't even cause any little accident..
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 AM
John H.

Well, I just got hit with $25 no front plate ticket in J-town. Initially when I saw it on my windshield, I thought it was a meter violation. Fok!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 AM
TheDangerZone

don't complain because you can't follow rules and they're just doing their job.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 AM
jerdav2009

Bump got a ticket for no front license plate in the IVC parking lot yesterday morning >_> I guess lesson learned.. I'm from the Santa Ana area, and I forget the police having no real work to do in south county. I gotta find a way to mount the plate before I go back into south county lol.

Last edited by jerdav2009; 08-01-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:56 AM
jerdav2009

Originally Posted by John H.
Well, I just got hit with $25 no front plate ticket in J-town. Initially when I saw it on my windshield, I thought it was a meter violation. Fok!
mine was $42 man I guess ticket prices have really gone up in the last 2 and half years.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like you have any clue what police work entails and what the officers in South County do. Like the guy above you posted, don’t complain because you cannot follow the rules.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Riful

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WillyP28
Like you have any clue what police work entails and what the officers in South County do. Like the guy above you posted, don’t complain because you cannot follow the rules.
They do help the community, but sometimes there are ones that just need to slapped in the face.

I got stopped by a cop in Irvine for running a stop sign... on my skateboard... while on the sidewalk... at a 3-way intersection where I did not have to leave the sidewalk. No pedestrians around. He then proceeded to tell me that my skateboard is classified as a vehicle and that I had committed an infraction by not stopping at the stop sign.

"To protect and serve"
Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 AM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree that certain situations like yours are ridiculous. Minor infractions like that should not be enforced unless it resulted in an accident of some kind. I just cannot stand when people who have zero knowledge of the job say ignorant comments about nothing going on or having something else better to do.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:23 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by jerdav2009
Bump got a ticket for no front license plate in the IVC parking lot yesterday morning >_> I guess lesson learned.. I'm from the Santa Ana area, and I forget the police having no real work to do in south county. I gotta find a way to mount the plate before I go back into south county lol.
Any cop that gives out a front plate ticket probably got beat up a lot in school. That is the most pathetic ticket you can give someone. The only purpose it serves is for a better spot to hit a radar gun off.

Quick Reply: god damn irvine police