Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Whitier cops getting strict

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 AM
J's 350z!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whitier cops getting strict

So this morning i was turning an i got pulled over by a cop car 2 officers. They got me for being too low and window tint. Its a dumb ticket but i guess there getting more strict because ive passed many cops before and never gave me a problem until today fml!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You get tickets for being to low!! cops in Texas don't give a **** about anything, lol.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM
J's 350z!

Originally Posted by marques1
You get tickets for being to low!! cops in Texas don't give a **** about anything, lol.
Ya they measured my headlights from ground and those passed but my front bumper is lower than the rim so they said i have to raise it.
Cali is stupid when comes to laws

Last edited by J's 350z!; 11-17-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 AM
marques1

yeah, there are laws in every state about how many inches the headlights are from the ground but they don't implement it like Cali does, I guess. How is your front bumper lower than your rims? How much did they say that you had to raise the car?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J's 350z!
Ya they measured my headlights from ground and those passed but my front bumper is lower than the rim so they said i have to raise it.
Cali is stupid when comes to laws
That sucks. But is your front bumper really lower than the bottom portion of your wheels? That's super low!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 PM
J's 350z!

Thats what i was saying i guess cause i have a front lip and its pretty low. So if i just take the lip off sounds to me like it will pass. Cause the headlights were cool he said.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:16 PM
marques1

damn...
Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM
deviljon

sounds about right. i'd say socal cops have been strict for a while now.

got pulled over a while back right in front of speedzone. i got a tint and exhaust ticket even though my front tint is light as hell and my exhaust had a silencer. he assumed i was some stupid ricer kid (even though i NEVER speed or drive wrecklessly) and even made me pop my hood.

then he started going off about how my car was too low and wheels were too wide. i asked him what was the specific rules on that and he couldn't give me a straight answer. ended up getting 5 mod tickets within 5 months..

living where we do, that's just how it is. needless to say, my car is completely back to stock!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
marques1

****, if I lived in Cali, I would have a paper with all the rulings of what is legal and illegal. That way if a cop gives you a ****, I would be like I have a piece of paper I would like you to read, lol. I'm sure this would **** the cop off..hahaha.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM
J's 350z!

Originally Posted by deviljon
sounds about right. i'd say socal cops have been strict for a while now.

got pulled over a while back right in front of speedzone. i got a tint and exhaust ticket even though my front tint is light as hell and my exhaust had a silencer. he assumed i was some stupid ricer kid (even though i NEVER speed or drive wrecklessly) and even made me pop my hood.

then he started going off about how my car was too low and wheels were too wide. i asked him what was the specific rules on that and he couldn't give me a straight answer. ended up getting 5 mod tickets within 5 months..

living where we do, that's just how it is. needless to say, my car is completely back to stock!

Ya cops are stupid here. Luckily its a fix it ticket will see when i get the paper mailed to me. Hopefully its no crazy fine. But hate having to take the tint off. Thats going to suck
Old 11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
L33TZOR

I guess I was lucky, I made an abrupt lane change one uptown saturday night, told the lady officer I lost my wallet, and she let me off without any citations. I run TPs, full exhaust, and dark tint. I recall from the 80s, that no part of the vehicle may sit lower that the rim without the tire. I guess for a flat tire reason?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:37 PM
J's 350z!

Originally Posted by L33TZOR
I guess I was lucky, I made an abrupt lane change one uptown saturday night, told the lady officer I lost my wallet, and she let me off without any citations. I run TPs, full exhaust, and dark tint. I recall from the 80s, that no part of the vehicle may sit lower that the rim without the tire. I guess for a flat tire reason?
Ya im just going to take my lip off and my tint which is the part thats going to suck. I dont like it without tint on the windows lol.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

I used to live in La Mirada. It was quite a while ago, and maybe things have changed... but Whittier Blvd was the place to cruise on Friday and Saturday nights. The Cops were out in force on those nights looking to nit pick anything on your car to have a reason to pull you over. More violations.. ie: open container, smell of alcohol or weed are generally the goal... but the tint, for example, gives them a reason to pull you over.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
J's 350z!

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
I used to live in La Mirada. It was quite a while ago, and maybe things have changed... but Whittier Blvd was the place to cruise on Friday and Saturday nights. The Cops were out in force on those nights looking to nit pick anything on your car to have a reason to pull you over. More violations.. ie: open container, smell of alcohol or weed are generally the goal... but the tint, for example, gives them a reason to pull you over.
Im just going to take the tint off. I drove away and was like atleast it was only those two things could of been worse.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
deviljon

the worst part of being so heavily modded is that feeling of all cops staring at you when you're just driving and minding your own business. i'll tell you one thing, now that the car is completely back to stock i can drive around much more comfortably. it was fun while it lasted, but i know i won't be modding a car to the extreme anymore... just not worth the hassle!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:08 PM
J's 350z!

^ ya i hear you bro. Ive been contemplating selling my oil consuming z for something else lately lol. Was thinking of getting this sick rx7. But be the same problems with cops probably. Lol. It suxs i was just going to start taking certain things off and raising it for the oil test lol. Then ticket today. Whatever haha
Old 11-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Ronin82

Originally Posted by deviljon
the worst part of being so heavily modded is that feeling of all cops staring at you when you're just driving and minding your own business. i'll tell you one thing, now that the car is completely back to stock i can drive around much more comfortably. it was fun while it lasted, but i know i won't be modding a car to the extreme anymore... just not worth the hassle!
In Cali
Good idea.....Whitier cops getting strict-4516_4-1-.jpg

Bad idea.....Whitier cops getting strict-kj0n9362_500x333.shkl-1-.jpg

You know that as well as anyone living in Cali. And I grew up there so I know. Z's sit pretty low as it is, so to lower to me(opinion) is kinda asking for $hit. Tints the same thing you know that.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 PM
J's 350z!

That 2nd car is pretty ugly lol. Is that a g35. I think it is. Lol
Old 11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQOW4xv4oc
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Ronin82

Originally Posted by J's 350z!
That 2nd car is pretty ugly lol. Is that a g35. I think it is. Lol
I dunno, thats a good question tho.
doing upgrades in Cali is do-able, it just has to be tasteful. a big a$$ HKS exhaust can wont help you in Cali.
350z doesn't need to be lowered, just re-enforced.

Quick Reply: Whitier cops getting strict