Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Looking for 2004 Open Track Challenge co-driver and sponsors!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:34 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 2004 Open Track Challenge co-driver and sponsors!

Well, looks like I will be running the 2004 open track challenge:

Open Track Challenge

Briefly, the OTC is a series of 5 events over 5 days at 5 West Coast tracks. The cars must be driven from event to event and not trailered. This event brings out some serious talent! Right now the Z is classed in T2/U2, but I think I have finally successfully negotiated it's reclassification to T3/U3 where it would compete directly against the S2000.

I plan to run the car in the T3 class on Street Tires as running in U3 puts you up against some crazy super and turbocharged machines. The other possability right now is that the s2ki guys are trying to organize a U3 challenge where it would be an inter competition inside U3 where we would run Spec RA-1 tires, but really only be competing with each other. It would be the 350Z vs S2000 Spec challenge.

What I need is an experienced co driver to help split the costs! We are looking at needing about $4000 including hotels, fuel, tires(unless I can get a sponsor), brakes, meals, and entry fees. I have a race seat in my car and would need a similarly sized driver as well. I am 6'2" tall and 235lbs. So it should run a bit less than $2000/each. Not a bad deal to drive the best West coast tracks in someone elses car!! Now, if you don't feel comfortable absolutely hot lapping the car (and I don't want someone wrecking my car!!!) then I can do all the hot lapping and your name would still be listed as part of the winning (Hopefully!) team, but you would still get to lap at every track!

Ultimately, I might end up just going it alone if I can't find anyone to co-drive, so SPONSORS, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Email: raceboy@aol.com