Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Had Cop Issues with You and Your Car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 10:16 PM
tekkensux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had Cop Issues with You and Your Car?

Last edited by tekkensux; 12-25-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: ...
Old 12-07-2003, 10:33 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hehehe... mine still looks somewhat stock. They haven't bothered me for the heck of bothering Z drivers yet. But then, I don't hang out where you do.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:49 AM
toykilla

got a ticket for no front plate .. i just stared at the cop like he was an idiot and pretty much let him know he was a pig
Old 12-08-2003, 07:29 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody knows that there's two kinds of people cops don't hassle much. Hot chix and old men. Call me un-PC, but it's the truth. Lucky for me tho, I fall into the second cetegory or at least look it . Gettin' ol' has it's benefits...LOL.

PS. toykilla, I got a fix-it ticket for missing plates in week 1. Got it taken care of and haven't been stopped since, although that's probaby about to change with my exhaust db.

Last edited by frenzee; 12-08-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:59 PM
daytona350z

3rd week of ownership...

nailed it in 2nd gear, about 5.5k rpms, and next thing red&blue on my ***... i was harassed for about 30mins on the side of the road for an "illegal aftermarket non-compliant exhaust" i almost got a fix-it ticket, but argued since my car was completely stock. it was to the point i was about to get my jackstand and use a flashlight to see the muffler....ugh...cops....
Old 12-08-2003, 08:10 PM
eddytsi

, cop must've then felt stupid.

haven't been pulled over in my Z (knock on wood) but they just stare. i go to a lot of clubs, when we leave (usually in my friends car) cops look for suspicious drivers, slow driving, weaving, all that stupid stuff.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:24 PM
ChuckGZ

I've been followed from clubs a few times, but never pulled over. and i gotta admit, i was coming up I-57 in Illinois the other day, pushing it at about 100 to get past this line of trucks (i refuse to stay behind or next to trucks for any longer than necessary- i'm terrified of that rogue pebble cracking my windhsield or dinging my hood). I came over this rise who's staring straight down the barrel at me but a state trooper. guy had me dead to rights, but miraculously, let me go by. Either it was my day, or he was in the middle of his afternoon big mac. hmm.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:29 PM
tekkensux

Last edited by tekkensux; 12-25-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: ...
Old 12-08-2003, 09:02 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by tekkensux
Well at least I am not alone
It's funny about frenzee's comments cause when I'm in my suit,
cops just pass me by with no problems. It's simply a case of them targeting people. I guess Lemans Sunset doesn't help but still I shouldn't have to worry about it for not having done anything wrong. Well I shouldn't label all cops, most are cool, a couple have given me flack, some have followed me at night trying to "spook me" but luckily that's been the worst of it. Hope they don't screw me too when I get my exhaust....

seriously agree with you!!!!

when a cop sees me, 17yr old+ sports car= mucho trouble for me...hehhe, although one day i took it to a MUN (Model United Nations) conference in my suit and done hair, i wasnt even followed once, i was paced next to and was given a thumbs up by a cop even. ahh well...getttin old does have its advantages..heheh
Old 12-10-2003, 02:07 PM
dczoner

Hmm, I'm knocking on wood as I write this, but I drive fairly agressive and so far in almost a year and a half of driving I haven't gotten pulled over once. No front plates, either. I think the silverstone with stock rims and no body work helps, but really I think most cops understand the Z is a sports car. So many times I've been going "speed of traffic" and the other cars out there are like SUV's and pickups. If I were a cop I'd go for the SUV or pickup before the sports car, because a sports car has suspension capable of avoiding dangers quickly, not to mention brakes that'll stop it much much quicker than a heavier SUV. So I dunno.

Also, LBC cops tend to be a much cooler breed than most other cities in So-Cal. I think its cuz they deal with real crime almost every nite, so a minor traffic violation is just a joke to them.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:48 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by dczoner
Also, LBC cops tend to be a much cooler breed than most other cities in So-Cal. I think its cuz they deal with real crime almost every nite, so a minor traffic violation is just a joke to them.
I've noticed that actually. I come to downtown LB quite often but they don't even look at my Z with tinted windows and no front plate. (knock on wood...) It was the Torrance PD that gave me the no front plate ticket.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:08 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The closest I got to getting a ticket was after leaving a Van Nuys courthouse. I had been behind a slow car for several stopsigns and made it to the front of some signal lights. I was about to punch it into an open lane and got up to about 3k when I did my usual glance in the rear view mirror. I saw LAPD in the background at that same intersection. So, I left it in gear to let the engine brake and stayed in the same lane.

Soon enough, the cops came up and they had their windows rolled down. One says to me, "you were going to go for it weren't you?" And, I said with a sheepish grin "you know it."

These guys were totally cool, one said, "want to race, it's okay if we say you'll be fine," to which I laugh and said, "that's alright." I gave him a waive and they sped off. They obviously liked the Z.

Another instance coming back from Vegas, I had my V1 go off while caravaning with a group of Zs. I slowed down and let everyone know by FRS. I think someone that was behind our group also gave us an advance warning. Sure enough, CHP strolls by as we're now doing 60-65 mph. He paces me for about 30 seconds. I look at him, he stares at me and my flashing radar detector then mosseys on off.

Another instance I'm going about 50 on a street and I slow down when I see the V1 go off. Shortly, I see LAPD behind me to my left a car length behind, being stealthy and probably running my plate. I keep it down to 35 and the Cop passes by. Eventually I catch up, see it's a woman cop, smile and she smiles back.

Ditto a fourth time when I catch up to a CHP after exiting a freeway on to an off ramp. I glance over and trade nods of the head with the officer who had already been checking me out.

I'm with zoner on this, over a year, no front plates, tinted windows, no pull over. Knock on wood, I've found if you're aware of what's around you and don't drive stupid, you have a good shot of avoiding a ticket.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:07 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by hfm
I'm with zoner on this, over a year, no front plates, tinted windows, no pull over. Knock on wood, I've found if you're aware of what's around you and don't drive stupid, you have a good shot of avoiding a ticket.
ditto on that. and it doesnt help that our blue sticks out so much in traffic, ahh well, its what we get for having the fastest color
Old 12-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got pulled over for no front plate...

Put on a new one, the ocifer thought I stole the car at first... used that as an excuse... (before moded)

Speeding - My fault, didnt have my radar detector on, still soon after i got the car..

Last week at that meet I was late too, I got pulled over for a "Modified Exhaust" (no vinyl graphix or rims yet). Made me rev the engine, and of course with my tilton flywheel it shot up to 5000 rpm, he said, hrmm.. thats not that loud (thank goodness the z isnt loud when not under load). then made me pop the hood.. didnt have the carb sticker on my K&N intake so he gave me poop about it. but Told him i would put it on... so I did when I got home...

let me go no ticket...
Old 12-17-2003, 11:36 PM
tekkensux

Heh I got the "I pulled you over cuz you stole the car"
haha. Then I showed him my vehicle registration and insurance and he tells me that was not enough proof of ownership and means nothing. At that point you start getting worried cuz its 2AM but oh well, that's why we own Z's!!
Old 12-17-2003, 11:44 PM
tekkensux

God damn Nismo Exhaust got a cop to pull you over?
My god, they gotta have something better to do.
What woulda happened if you had a showy exhaust like the Injen SES on there or some super duper "ricer" like equipment? You woulda been sent to jail!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:49 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by tekkensux
God damn Nismo Exhaust got a cop to pull you over?
My god, they gotta have something better to do.
What woulda happened if you had a showy exhaust like the Injen SES on there or some super duper "ricer" like equipment? You woulda been sent to jail!!!
I was in th emiddle of nowheresville, i think that was the problem...

Old 12-18-2003, 08:45 PM
EL Diablo

Never had any issues with the law.
they are tough here, I'm from NYC
and the cops there could care less
what the hell you drive or what
exhaust you have. I try not to give'em
a reason to pull me over.
Altough the other day I raced a
Le manz Z on Sepulveda in the middle of
the day. Man the NISMO was screaming.
I was sure the cops would pop up.

Last edited by EL Diablo; 12-18-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by SLVR Z
It was the Torrance PD that gave me the no front plate ticket.
Wonder if that's why Power Nissan of Torrance started carrying my 'Zee-Bracket' this week
Old 12-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Put a Big *** wing on there and see what kind of attention you get from the cops, in my area anyway.

Bat™

Quick Reply: Had Cop Issues with You and Your Car?