Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Rims Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Lone_Wolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ray, I am really happy that you were able to get your wheels back and we didn't have to take any drastic measures to do so. I want to thank the member who had the wheels FS for being very understanding throughout the whole situation.

Unfortunately, since they were stolen he was not able to retain any money for them but hopefully the police will be able to pursue the original seller and maybe other people could be able to get their items back if there are other items the guy stole.

There are a couple things that I learned from this whole thing that I believe would everyone should know.
1) Always report an item stolen to the police and make sure you have a report. The detective was very helpful and because of him we were able to get the wheels back without any incident and hopefully now the thief will get caught.
2) When possible, make sure you have a paper trail for things that you buy and you keep your receipts. Ray did the right thing because he had plenty of photos when he bought the wheels and they showed the unique markings that the wheel had. I would suggest everyone take photo of your wheels with your name and the current date so that if they are ever stolen you are able to use that as proof.
If you're ever getting tires mounted, try to have a piece of paper taped to the inside of the barrel before the tire gets mounted is something my buddy Brent suggested.
3) Don't try to take justice in your own hands and confront the person Rambo-style. Ray and I were originally going to go to the sellers house and try to pretend that we were buying the wheels and then notify him that the wheels were stolen. That could have been dangerous on our part and luckily we instead were able to involve the police and they were the ones who took care of the transaction.
I would really like to commend Ray for being cool-headed and calm about the whole situation, I think that he was able to get his wheels back without any incident because he was so calm and enlisted the help of the detective, Marcus, and myself rather than going alone.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 PM
cb1

Congratulations Bro!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Lone_Wolf

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Ray, I am really happy that you were able to get your wheels back and we didn't have to take any drastic measures to do so. I want to thank the member who had the wheels FS for being very understanding throughout the whole situation.

Unfortunately, since they were stolen he was not able to retain any money for them but hopefully the police will be able to pursue the original seller and maybe other people could be able to get their items back if there are other items the guy stole.

There are a couple things that I learned from this whole thing that I believe would everyone should know.
1) Always report an item stolen to the police and make sure you have a report. The detective was very helpful and because of him we were able to get the wheels back without any incident and hopefully now the thief will get caught.
2) When possible, make sure you have a paper trail for things that you buy and you keep your receipts. Ray did the right thing because he had plenty of photos when he bought the wheels and they showed the unique markings that the wheel had. I would suggest everyone take photo of your wheels with your name and the current date so that if they are ever stolen you are able to use that as proof.
If you're ever getting tires mounted, try to have a piece of paper taped to the inside of the barrel before the tire gets mounted is something my buddy Brent suggested.
3) Don't try to take justice in your own hands and confront the person Rambo-style. Ray and I were originally going to go to the sellers house and try to pretend that we were buying the wheels and then notify him that the wheels were stolen. That could have been dangerous on our part and luckily we instead were able to involve the police and they were the ones who took care of the transaction.
I would really like to commend Ray for being cool-headed and calm about the whole situation, I think that he was able to get his wheels back without any incident because he was so calm and enlisted the help of the detective, Marcus, and myself rather than going alone.
Thanks Waizz, well said!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz

This should be a sticky in the Market place.

Great advice and it is good to see the forum helping a fellow member out. I feel bad for the guy that bought the stolen property originally, but hopefully with law enforcement help, the thief will be caught and he can recoup his money.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Lone_Wolf

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
This should be a sticky in the Market place.

Great advice and it is good to see the forum helping a fellow member out. I feel bad for the guy that bought the stolen property originally, but hopefully with law enforcement help, the thief will be caught and he can recoup his money.
The cops are gong after the guy who stole my rims. They have a lot more information now that they didn't have before.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM
805350z

Wheels back on the car?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I feel bad for RancidNSX, it's not like he knew they were stolen when he forked over $1500. That amount of money isn't unusual for local Volks. Glad you got your wheels back all the same.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:03 PM
stein

Yeah, I feel bad for the RancidNSX as well, maybe we could start a fund to help him out. I know I'd be pissed/hurting if I lost $1500.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Lone_Wolf

Originally Posted by 805350z
Wheels back on the car?
Not yet. My car is in the body shop right now and it will be there until probably Monday of next week. My side-skirts got damaged and so did my undercarriage. The blocks the guy used to hold up my car had 4-5 humps on the top. These humps fuked up my side skirts a little bit, and pushed up my floor about a half an inch in a couple of places. So, my friend who runs the shop got my insurance company to buy me new side-skirts. They also have to take out my two front seats and pull up the carpet where it meets the door and pound it out. I got myself some new R40 open end extended lugs nuts in black. And some new metal hub rings sitting here waiting to go on my car.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 01-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Lone_Wolf

Originally Posted by stein
Yeah, I feel bad for the RancidNSX as well, maybe we could start a fund to help him out. I know I'd be pissed/hurting if I lost $1500.
I'm down to do that.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:06 AM
NZMOWND

glad u got ur **** back! sucks for the seller tho for sure...
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by jduet
Marlboro or Kools?
Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Kools fo sho!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrNpxODiDA
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
NZMOWND

cant see vid at work but im hoping its from family guy!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Great scene from Training Day! lol
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 AM
JMS71585

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats OP on getting your wheels back. Question... did you take out extra insurance for the aftermarket wheels or did your ins co just send you a check on your word/receipt of wheels? I'm wondering if i should notify my ins co about my Volks in case of theft.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
cb1

Originally Posted by JMS71585
Congrats OP on getting your wheels back. Question... did you take out extra insurance for the aftermarket wheels or did your ins co just send you a check on your word/receipt of wheels? I'm wondering if i should notify my ins co about my Volks in case of theft.
+1 bro
Old 01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Lone_Wolf

Originally Posted by JMS71585
My wheels along with all of my other mods are NOT insured with my insurance company. I had to provide pictures of my wheels on my car which they were able to see that I did get my wheels stolen by looking at pictures from previous claims. My insurance company is The Hartford. They have been very good to me. I provided them with an invoice with all the things that got stolen. They wrote me a check for $5500! And today, I called them up and told them that I recovered my wheels which is the right thing to do and they voided the check. They told me to just shred the check when I get it.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by IP350GT
My wheels along with all of my other mods are NOT insured with my insurance company. I had to provide pictures of my wheels on my car which they were able to see that I did get my wheels stolen by looking at pictures from previous claims. My insurance company is The Hartford. They have been very good to me. I provided them with an invoice with all the things that got stolen. They wrote me a check for $5500! And today, I called them up and told them that I recovered my wheels which is the right thing to do and they voided the check. They told me to just shred the check when I get it.
Damn, I was hoping we could have went halfsies on that check

You did the right thing!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
I have to disagree a bit... "IP Address = Owned" 95% of the time. 99% of the time if you have a contact within the carrier/provider.
True, but 9 time outta 10, cops aren't going to go through all that for some wheels.

OP: I'm glad you got your wheels back. Also, good job on doing the right thing with the insurance company.

Quick Reply: Rims Stolen