Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So apparently I have a Veyron..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 AM
LunchBox20

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default So apparently I have a Veyron..

Well, it finally happened, I received a ticket to the Alahambra PD ball in the forum of a 95 in a 65.

See what had happened was...

I was getting on the highway at an accelerated pace (I admit) to catch up to the people I was following, as I had no idea where I was. I was nearing the top of 3rd shifting into 4th gear when I got off the throttle

I look up and see a car flying up behind me and go ah crap, which sure enough was a police officer.

Lights come on, I pull over, roll down my windows, turn all the lights on inside the car, as well as removing my keys, and place both hands on the steering wheel.

The two officers come up to the car, as the one on the driverside asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I said, "I'm unsure officer".

He then told me that I entered the highway at a rapid speed, which he then followed by saying he paced me at 130mph...

I replied, "Officer not trying to be rude or question your judgement, however in order for me to be anywhere near 130mph I would of had to be in 5th to 6th gear and full throttle, which I was not. You may have assumed that simply because my car is loud.

He said well I had to do 130mph to catch up to you.

In which I replied, "Were you at a dead stop?"

He had no reply and asked for my DL, insurance, and registration
I asked if I could retrieve the information which was located in my wallet in my back pocket, and the insurance in my center console.

I gave it to him and he went to run it, while I kept both hands on the steering wheel.

When he came back he said that he was giving me a citation for a 95 in a 65, because I was polite, and he didn't feel like taking me to jail, or towing my car.

Soooo yeah, anyone have an idea how I deal with this? I tried to look up the cost of the ticket on the internet and court site, but don't understand their fee listings (100 +p)

And seeing as how there is no radar proof, as my V1 didn't go off, and he admitted to only pacing me, is it worth fighting?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Dth2prT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks bro. What I've done in the past when charged with a speeding ticket, was choose to contest it at your first court date, then once your second date has been scheduled, call in to reschedule due to some "emergency". Usually by your then third scheduled date, especially if the cop didn't tag your speed and only assumed it, he won't show up which would automatically dismiss the case. I've only done it once, in which I really did have an emergency, and I avoided a hearty fine. My cousin's a local cop, and told me that this happens all the time. Up to you if you wanna try it.... I'd worry more about insurance than ticket cost though. Good luck man
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 AM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just my two cents but no he did not use a radar if he was pacing you, most police radars are not effect in the same direction. If he wrote you a ticket for going 95mph then he thought you were going give or take 5 mph around 95mph. 30mph over the speed limit is a 3 point ticket I believe. If you have a decent driving record without previous speeding charges, I would go to court and talk to the prosecutor. Any little thing will help so maybe he can drop it down a point or two which would also save you some money. If you have some connections I would contact them and maybe you can get the ticket dropped to another moving violation so you do not have any points but will still have to pay a fine. But def go to court and see what you can do.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 AM
LunchBox20

Yeah, I was reviewing the ticket, and this is the "code & section" that was written

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22349.htm

Also to note, my car is a TX registered car, and he put CA on the ticket, as well as what looks to have mis-written the plate number.

Not sure how it works here in CA, but any information that is deemed incorrect on the ticket, automatically voids the ticket, due to incorrect process.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
clarkah

I think I paid 450 going 90 at 70, that's without traffic school tho. I was literally 2 weeks away from bein eligible to take traffic school to avoid getting point on my record -_-
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well if he put the wrong state and plate number then that is a problem since it would not be going under your license. Kinda dumb on the officers part if that is the case. However, it is hard to read the ticket and it may just appear to be wrong.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Alhambra, El Monte, Monterey Park, cities along the 10 freeway I avoid or drive granny style. They ticket you for anything or everything. Ticket funds go straight back to PO training or general funds. Loud cars are a big no no if you intend on getting onto the freeway quickly in that area.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:56 PM
LunchBox20

Yeah I've learned that lesson recently,lol
I'm researching my options on what to do with this. I seriously believe fighting it is right, seeing as how the story of the officer, is completely far fetched.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Alhambra, El Monte, Monterey Park, cities along the 10 freeway I avoid or drive granny style. They ticket you for anything or everything. Ticket funds go straight back to PO training or general funds. Loud cars are a big no no if you intend on getting onto the freeway quickly in that area.
This!

I use to live in Arcadia back in the late 90's and the cops in that area will pop you if you drive a modded import for anything. Sorry op to hear about your situation because you are new to the area.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lawyer! if not, plan a testament during court and hopefully you only have to go to traffic school.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 PM
350zcreep

id fight it. but if you do fight the ticket, if i remember correctly you give up a chance for traffic school.

and him clocking you is bs. hed deff have to go 130mph to catch up to you, other wise if he matched your speed at 95mph from a distance you would always be say an 1/8th mile apart. he would never catch you at matched speed. get me? cop doodoo math.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM
clarkah

If you know someone who's good at phyics, ask him to do a little calculation for you.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:04 AM
rawlz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkah
If you know someone who's good at phyics, ask him to do a little calculation for you.
Yea, I know you didnt see where he was obviously when he started pursuing you, but if you can make an assumption and then also estimate how far behind you he was, you can determine the speed you had to have been going in order for him to catch up to you. I would go through that calculation both at his proposed 130mph and also considering max accel of a cruiser. Either way you could at least drop it down below 90mph and at least get it reduced. I would also try the reschedule bit as well.

Look up trial by declarations online for speeding violations and there are a good number of arguments you might be able to cherry pick from.

GL.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

OP, always go to court.

We have this feeling like we're fighting the cop if we do so, and its not true.
Police are crime contriol, and its up to due proces to ascertain the legality of all actions involved.

The handing over of your cash based on this premise that figthing it will make the outcome worse for you, or make the cops mad is not true, and adds TONS AND TONS of money to city and state municipalities. Its a cash generator... very bad in CA too.

do what the one guys said and plead not guilty ( doesnt mean you didnt do ANYTHING just means you want your day in court) and go thru the paces.

The ticket cost is nothing compared to having it drag on you for insurance, abckground checks for jobs etc.

From the sound of it, i HIGHLY doubt it will stick.. the judge will ask you whats up, and will also ask the cop whats up.. if he cant prove things the correct way, then its a warning and they are all prepared for that. youd be surprised.

Last edited by bmccann101; 04-30-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
ivanz33

how far was the distance from entering the freeway and getting pulled over? the cop clocked you and not lasered, and needs a certain amount of distance to get a full clock speed (i think a 1/4 mile).. i got a ticket over 100mph supposing to cost me 750+ but i asked for community service and a reduced fine cause i was a student.. instead of actually doing the community service hours i paid it instead and it was only about $400 for a 2-pointer.. ive gotten a ticket for 86mph a few years back and it was already $380.. you can try to contest by trial of declaration.. and even if you are guilty, you can contest again in the courthouse.. gl
Old 05-09-2012, 02:32 PM
LunchBox20

Thank you everyone for the input. I have submitted the letter with my side of the story and proceeding to deal with it.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Damn, good luck with everything, and going 130+ ... yea... I would just be speechless. But that would probably be admitting guilt.

- Ben
626-688-1218
Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just last year on July 3rd got pulled over by CHP for doing 93 in a 65. he wrote me down for 89 and told me it was very dangerous. no traffic right when im getting off the exit for camp pendleton. Ticket cost me $356 I believe. It was cheaper than some of my friends other tickets in riverside.
I say fight it because pacing a car is total BULL****. Then again i think the CHP is a waste of all our money, sorry if anyone here is CHP. Not every car looks and sounds the same doing 90 so there for inaccurate! I think cops have to be certified to write a ticket "pacing" a car at least for riverside police i believe.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a trial by declaration since they didn't use radar. You will reduce that POS fine.

If this was a real case, 120+mph you would hire an attorney. Good luck!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
skakemokid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just pay the dang fine dude.. you were speeding.. If you cant pay the fine, dont speed like an idiot...
I'm tired of hearing people complain they got a speeding ticket for speeding..

Quick Reply: So apparently I have a Veyron..