Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Plasti-Dip

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Bruno350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xoxopink
ive looked into this because im getting mine dipped soon theres actually a guy in San Diego & found one in LA that does this, the one in SD will also sell you the oaint by the gallon if you want to do it youself, will match the dipyourcar.com price... FB is Dipped SD
http://www.facebook.com/DippedSD?fref=ts
You sir are awesome
Who's the one in LA?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
03BrickZ

dont do it I did it to my sc300 and it did not last that long I did 7 coats of the matte white. Deff not worth the money when you can just buy vinyl and try wrapping it.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by 03BrickZ
dont do it I did it to my sc300 and it did not last that long I did 7 coats of the matte white. Deff not worth the money when you can just buy vinyl and try wrapping it.
How long did it last you? I just want it to last till next winter, so what 8-9 months?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I blame video games.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 AM
SilverStone2003

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$500 for a horrible paint job... To last for 8 months. Wtf is your logic behind this. Spending $500 to rattle can your car and then spending $2000 on a repaint 8 months later. Where is your logic behind this? Vinyl wrap is cheaper/easier to remove/and lasts longer and also doesn't look like dog ****.

Nissan is becoming the new Honda, first it was the civic which moved to the 240 and now they've moved to the Z. Ricer logic ill never understand.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Boba

Originally Posted by SilverStone2003
$500 for a horrible paint job... To last for 8 months. Wtf is your logic behind this. Spending $500 to rattle can your car and then spending $2000 on a repaint 8 months later. Where is your logic behind this? Vinyl wrap is cheaper/easier to remove/and lasts longer and also doesn't look like dog ****.

Nissan is becoming the new Honda, first it was the civic which moved to the 240 and now they've moved to the Z. Ricer logic ill never understand.

What are you smoking? Plastidip is basically a car cover that is easily removable and can look just like vinyl. The longevity of it depends on how well the surface was prepped and how many layers it was applied.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
SilverStone2003

I'm not smoking anything why would you spend 20 hours in prep work and spray a rubber paint. That makes ZERO since. Especially if your going to paint your entire car later in the year which means your going to spend another 20-30 in prep work to do it over.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Bruno350z

I'm not smoking anything why would you spend 20 hours in prep work and spray a rubber paint. That makes ZERO since. Especially if your going to paint your entire car later in the year which means your going to spend another 20-30 in prep work to do it over.
You sir are a new species of retarded.... Smh

First off, its not 20 hours in prep work. If you have the paint and spray gun readily available it's a 2 hour TOP job. And $500 is enough paint to paint 2 cars. Get your facts straight before you go on a rant.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
SilverStone2003

I'm a new bread of retard? Have you ever painted a car? Your obviously the new age of retard if you think painting a car takes 2 hours. I would seriously sign over my monthly salary to you if you could fully paint and color change a car in 2 hours because it isn't possible.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ Do you understand how it works? It's not your typical paint job dude. Not as expensive, not as time consuming, and of course, not as permanent. I wouldn't do it to my whole car, but I can see the appeal. It's a cheap way to change things up a bit.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 PM
ZChiq

I put some on my front bumber and my emblems along with my door handles. the door handles do not last that long but the emblems and the front portion of my bumper did. just some advice for future.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm a new bread of retard? Have you ever painted a car? Your obviously the new age of retard if you think painting a car takes 2 hours. I would seriously sign over my monthly salary to you if you could fully paint and color change a car in 2 hours because it isn't possible.
It takes about two to three hours to plasti dip an entire car...
Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Man you fail hard.

Do some research before you start talking sh*t.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Bruno350z

Deal, you said it.. I will record me (or the painter) painting my car and fully changing the color of the car in 2 hours or less and if it happens in 2 hours I will be expecting cash in paypal

Originally Posted by ZMoneyPIT
It takes about two to three hours to plasti dip an entire car...
Originally Posted by Resmarted
Man you fail hard.

Do some research before you start talking sh*t.
I'm assuming these guys agreeing with me isn't enough proof for you, I believe THIS guy is lying aswell, this guy is obviously lying aswell but don't worry I'll have video proof
Originally Posted by ZChiq
I put some on my front bumber and my emblems along with my door handles. the door handles do not last that long but the emblems and the front portion of my bumper did. just some advice for future.
I wanted to plasti dip the door handles matte black aswell lol how long did it last? Would it be better to just actually paint it a dull black?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno350z
I wanted to plasti dip the door handles matte black aswell lol how long did it last? Would it be better to just actually paint it a dull black?
Plasti-dip will last as long as you want it to. The everyday touching it and possibly scraping will eventually wear it down but it still still last for awhile. I have a spot on my side skirts that are wearing down because of my shoe hitting it when I get in and out, but other than that spot everything else is fine.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by ZMoneyPIT
Plasti-dip will last as long as you want it to. The everyday touching it and possibly scraping will eventually wear it down but it still still last for awhile. I have a spot on my side skirts that are wearing down because of my shoe hitting it when I get in and out, but other than that spot everything else is fine.
Ah that's not too bad
Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM
zeehee

You don't prep it in the normal sense. You are basically spraying your car with a layer of rubber. It's not paint and does not require "paint prep". Think vinyl wrap, but spray on.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 AM
dandiggz

I dont understand why people are hating on plasidip, this stuff is amazing, looks great and is removable. This is what i have dipped so far and im getting hooked!!! For those who are looking to dip you whole car check out dipmycar.com apparently its a popular thing and they do all types of cars even mercedes.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by dandiggz
I dont understand why people are hating on plasidip, this stuff is amazing, looks great and is removable. This is what i have dipped so far and im getting hooked!!! For those who are looking to dip you whole car check out dipmycar.com apparently its a popular thing and they do all types of cars even mercedes.

I know, I love plasti-dip. Cheap, looks amazing and is reversible. How many things can you say can do that?
I found someone in SD claiming they can plasti dip the entire car for $600 or sell me 5 gallons + gun for $400. Which is the going rate for plasti-dip. Paint my car for $200? Good enough deal for me. That's my next investment lol
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM
dandiggz

^^you should check out that website i mentioned, i think they sell the car kit there and you can look on youtube for some good DIY videos. I would love to see your progress. Good luck and make sure you post some pix.

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip