Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Plasti-Dip

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Bruno350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked dipyourcar. California is retarded.... Long story short, because the gallon paint is thinned out for you it's supposed to say some words on the gallon tub (forgot what it's supposed to say). Plasti-dip doesn't have that so california banned it from coming into the state. If I want to buy it I'm going to either have to ship it to a friend in Florida or Missouri and have them ship it back to me. There's 2 downsides to that tho; if it goes through customs and they see it they'll take it away and no money back and it'll cost another $200 to get all the gallons shipped.
So $400 for paint and $200 for shipping, might aswell pay a professional the $600 and he does it all.

But either way if I do it or if he does it, there will be a ton of pics
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
dandiggz

Originally Posted by Bruno350z
I checked dipyourcar. California is retarded.... Long story short, because the gallon paint is thinned out for you it's supposed to say some words on the gallon tub (forgot what it's supposed to say). Plasti-dip doesn't have that so california banned it from coming into the state. If I want to buy it I'm going to either have to ship it to a friend in Florida or Missouri and have them ship it back to me. There's 2 downsides to that tho; if it goes through customs and they see it they'll take it away and no money back and it'll cost another $200 to get all the gallons shipped.
So $400 for paint and $200 for shipping, might aswell pay a professional the $600 and he does it all.

But either way if I do it or if he does it, there will be a ton of pics
Well do what you gotta do, hope all goes well. We will all be waiting on those pics!!! When i get home im going to do my door handles and grille. This stuff is addicting!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Bruno350z

Might be about a month or two for pics to come, gotta spend all my money atm fixing cosmetics details lol
It is addicting, I've been holding back plasti dipping anything untill I'm ready for it to be white haha
Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
dandiggz

dude just buy a black can of plastidip at homedepot for 6 bucks and trust me u will never look back!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Bruno350z

I have 4 of those cans haha
But I can't do black accents yet because I'm not sure where I want them. When it's completely white is when i'll have my fun
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM
dandiggz

I have 4 of those cans haha
But I can't do black accents yet because I'm not sure where I want them. When it's completely white is when i'll have my fun
Cool man! let me know how it goes.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by dandiggz
Cool man! let me know how it goes.
Will do
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM
dandiggz

Today I dipped my front emblem and grille. check it....

Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Bruno350z

^That looks pretty beast. You're lucky you have a gray you can throw some black accents on it. On my black there isn't much I can do except for midnight it out, but my exhaust is too loud for that haha
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
dandiggz

^That looks pretty beast. You're lucky you have a gray you can throw some black accents on it. On my black there isn't much I can do except for midnight it out, but my exhaust is too loud for that haha
Thanks man! Im going to do the door handles this weekend. I am now a real big fan of Plastidip!!!! I also need to do something about those headlights, they are faded
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Does plasti-dip match the coating most of the Z interior has? Got some scratches I want to fix...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by dandiggz
Thanks man! Im going to do the door handles this weekend. I am now a real big fan of Plastidip!!!! I also need to do something about those headlights, they are faded
Keep me updated i wanna see how yours turns out lol and for the headlights sand them down with 400 sand paper, then polish them. It's what I did to mine and they looked brand new, just need to repolish every once in a while
Originally Posted by 350z006
Does plasti-dip match the coating most of the Z interior has? Got some scratches I want to fix...
Plasti-dip is all matte colors, idk how you would try matching up the coating of the interior
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
dandiggz

Keep me updated i wanna see how yours turns out lol and for the headlights sand them down with 400 sand paper, then polish them. It's what I did to mine and they looked brand new, just need to repolish every once in a while

Plasti-dip is all matte colors, idk how you would try matching up the coating of the interior
ok thanks, im going to try that. yes he is right, plastidip is a matte black but you can get the glossifiyer which will give it that shiny look and it will still peel off. It also comes in many different colors, I have seen guys do their interior with this stuff and it doesnt look bad. Check out the other plastidip tread called plastidip questions and projects thread
there u will find many z owners plastidipping away. If your interior is that bad try and look for those parts in a junk yard or ebay
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Received 9,155 Likes on 6,603 Posts

i did my door handles and it peeled off too easy, rings car keys and stuff like that will also scratch it. i did all my emblems and love it, and actually removed the 350Z one all together. what i did on my handles is rough em up with sand paper, used satin black paint and matte clear coat.... but i either didnt clear enough or the hot texas sun is killing them. i found a local shop that i am going to take them to in when it gets a little warmer that is going to paint them body color for $60
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM
dandiggz

Originally Posted by travlee9374
i did my door handles and it peeled off too easy, rings car keys and stuff like that will also scratch it. i did all my emblems and love it, and actually removed the 350Z one all together. what i did on my handles is rough em up with sand paper, used satin black paint and matte clear coat.... but i either didnt clear enough or the hot texas sun is killing them. i found a local shop that i am going to take them to in when it gets a little warmer that is going to paint them body color for $60
thanks for the heads up man. Yes i figured that the door handles will be a high traffic zone and might not hold up so easily, however i will be putting some more coats than usual to see what happens. That will make the dip thicker and therefore stronger. Also i have never used my key to open my doors nor do i use rings so hopefully that wont be a problem. I might try that glossifiyer stuff, its supposed to add strength to the dip and it gives it that shine.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Bruno350z

I'm actually thinking about going matte orange now.... what do you guys think?
Matte orange or matte white?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
dandiggz

I'm actually thinking about going matte orange now.... what do you guys think?
Matte orange or matte white?
if u can pull it off that would be cool. Orange and black look nice!!! also the orange will get dirty less and might last longer. I say go for it. I saw an orange lambo with black wheels and it looked hot!!

Last edited by dandiggz; 02-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Bruno350z

Exactly why I wanna do orange :0 guy said it'll only cost about $50 more... I got a massive decision to make lol
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 PM
rayraypreciado

Default http://dippinla.com/

http://dippinla.com/

check them out!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 AM
xoxopink

You sir are awesome
Who's the one in LA?
haha im no sir! lol and you are welcomed i cant find the LA guys IG & dnt know his FB but if you are interested I have his # ... Goodluck!

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip