Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

LA peeps... need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:31 PM
erock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA peeps... need help

Can you guys suggest some hotspots up in the Hollywood/LA area?

My best friend from home (Jersey) is coming out to LA for business from the 20th - 25th of Jan. so I was planning on going up there to meet up and take his *** out so he can see how we party in Cali....

I've only been up to LA a few times to party:

Century Club, Mayan, Dublin's.... are these spots still hot?

anyways, if u can let me know which clubs/bars/lounges are poppin' off from Thurs. - Sat. I would really be thankfull....
If you can give me the address' to the places it would be even better since I don't know LA for ****.....

Also, i'll be takin' the Z up there so if anyone wants to meet up and hang out pm me your #......
Old 01-15-2004, 06:20 PM
LeighJr

I can make some calls to get on guest lists for a few places so pm me if there is a specific place, or I can recomend some depending on what type of crowd you want.

Leigh
Old 01-15-2004, 06:24 PM
dczoner

You should come down to our clubbin meet on Saturday 24th... Lets face it, OC chics are generally way hotter than the LA crowd...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=57060
Old 01-15-2004, 06:29 PM
erock

Mixed crowd, mostly hip-hop & reggae, classy but laidback type atmosphere.... no ghetto spots please.... Um don't know much about the clubs up there so whatever you know is poppin' lemme know.... Thanks Leigh
Old 01-15-2004, 06:31 PM
erock

I just read that thread, sounds like fun.... How far is OC from Hollywood? I wouldn't mind meeting up if it ain't too far, plus I don't my way around any other place 'cept San Diego....

BTW, 24th is my b-day

Originally posted by dczoner
You should come down to our clubbin meet on Saturday 24th... Lets face it, OC chics are generally way hotter than the LA crowd...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=57060
Old 01-16-2004, 12:10 AM
BoostTed

The W its a lounge off sunset forgot where very cool vibe. Highlands is good on fridays, people who went on sats didnt like it. Century club depends what ethnicity u are depends on what days you go, yea thats racist but not my idea. Its cause the different promoters draw in different crowd. So dont kill the messagner.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:50 AM
erock

I know exactly what you mean..... I'm filipino, but I'm not big on "asian/black/white/purlple/etc. only" parties. I'm more of a mixed crowd type of person.....

I've heard of Highlands but have never been there.... Do you know the address of that place? I guess that'll be a Friday thing.... Now all I need is to occupy Thursday and Saturday.....

Thanks Boosted...

Originally posted by BoostTed
The W its a lounge off sunset forgot where very cool vibe. Highlands is good on fridays, people who went on sats didnt like it. Century club depends what ethnicity u are depends on what days you go, yea thats racist but not my idea. Its cause the different promoters draw in different crowd. So dont kill the messagner.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:52 AM
azizam77

OK my list of best places in LA/Hollywood:

SHelter
Pearl
White Lotus
Bar Marmont
These places are cool especially if you're from out of town....most likely you'll run into some A-list celebs...which my out of town friends find to be quite memorable. The last time I had a person in town..we did tequila shots with wesley snipes at white lotus, and he smoked J with Mark Wahlberg at Shelter

Highlands is done...its not that great anymore...When it first opened it was cool..but now, its not all that.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:09 AM
BullishZ

erock, if you want to go to Highlands, I have a contact there who can hook you up with a table INSIDE the VIP room, if it's not full. Most people at highlands don't know that there is a VIP area with it's own bar and dancefloor. I haven't been there in about 6 months, so I can't vouch for the crowd these days. But last time I went, the VIP room was packed with all the wannabe actress types. Hot hot girls... much better than the regular club.

If interested, PM me and I can give you her number.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:12 PM
BoostTed

Originally posted by erock
I know exactly what you mean..... I'm filipino, but I'm not big on "asian/black/white/purlple/etc. only" parties. I'm more of a mixed crowd type of person.....

I've heard of Highlands but have never been there.... Do you know the address of that place? I guess that'll be a Friday thing.... Now all I need is to occupy Thursday and Saturday.....

Thanks Boosted...
roam sunset and hit up as many bars there as possible, for someone out of town that might be something interesting to do on a sat night. I went to mcmurphy's (probably bad spelling) on a sunday and it was surprisingly pretty full in there, its in old town pasadena. On thursdays i went to Q's a few times but its closed now i think.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
BoostTed

Originally posted by azizam77
OK my list of best places in LA/Hollywood:

SHelter
Pearl
White Lotus
Bar Marmont
These places are cool especially if you're from out of town....most likely you'll run into some A-list celebs...which my out of town friends find to be quite memorable. The last time I had a person in town..we did tequila shots with wesley snipes at white lotus, and he smoked J with Mark Wahlberg at Shelter

Highlands is done...its not that great anymore...When it first opened it was cool..but now, its not all that.
white lotus isnt bad..gonna be there this sunday for a b-day dinner. One thing i liked bout white lotus when i was there was that the bartender made the drinks hella strong, and one of the bartender was pretty hot too.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:03 PM
erock

So what would be better for White Lotus? Thursday or Saturday?

Oh, and if you guys can, please post address' to these places....

I'm still open for suggestions guys (specially for Thurs. and Sat.), but thanks so far for all the replies....
Old 01-16-2004, 05:05 PM
erock

Originally posted by BullishZ
erock, if you want to go to Highlands, I have a contact there who can hook you up with a table INSIDE the VIP room, if it's not full. Most people at highlands don't know that there is a VIP area with it's own bar and dancefloor. I haven't been there in about 6 months, so I can't vouch for the crowd these days. But last time I went, the VIP room was packed with all the wannabe actress types. Hot hot girls... much better than the regular club.

If interested, PM me and I can give you her number.
u got pm
Old 01-16-2004, 05:35 PM
BoostTed

So what would be better for White Lotus? Thursday or Saturday?

Oh, and if you guys can, please post address' to these places....

I'm still open for suggestions guys (specially for Thurs. and Sat.), but thanks so far for all the replies....
white lotus is a resturant when its not a club i think, white lotus be better on a sat, dont know if anything is happening there on thursday.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:55 PM
erock

Okay, so here's the plan: (Can someone let me know if I got the address' correct)

- Thurs - Myagi's (8225 Sunset Blvd.)

- Friday - Highlands (6801 Hollywood Blvd.)

- Sat - White Lotus (1743 N. Cahuenga Blvd)

Hopefully these spots are good on those nights.....

Well, if anyone's down to meet up on anyone of those days jus pm me.....
Old 01-20-2004, 07:29 PM
BoostTed

Okay, so here's the plan: (Can someone let me know if I got the address' correct)

- Thurs - Myagi's (8225 Sunset Blvd.)

- Friday - Highlands (6801 Hollywood Blvd.)

- Sat - White Lotus (1743 N. Cahuenga Blvd)

Hopefully these spots are good on those nights.....

Well, if anyone's down to meet up on anyone of those days jus pm me.....
bring lots of cash for white lotus..drink are expensive there. Stay away from the outside bar, they make the drinks kinda weak unelss you like that. The bar right when u walk in makes it the strongest. I'd love to hit up the clubs with ya but i'll be in mammoth for the weekend.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:49 AM
yasalexis

I don't know how Highlands is on Fridays...I was just there on Saturday...and it was VERY busy. Make sure you look good & you'll save yourself the hassle of standing outside! It was a very good looking crowd & a mix of music (Hip Hop & 80's in the main room, techno upstairs, house in the side room). Miyagi's rocks too - although it tends to be a bit slow on Thursdays. Have an awesome time & maybe I'll see ya!

Yas
Old 01-21-2004, 09:24 AM
erock

Well, just in case Miyagi's is "eh" on thursday, what other spots are good on that day? Is Century Club ok?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:04 AM
BoostTed

Originally posted by yasalexis
I don't know how Highlands is on Fridays...I was just there on Saturday...and it was VERY busy. Make sure you look good & you'll save yourself the hassle of standing outside! It was a very good looking crowd & a mix of music (Hip Hop & 80's in the main room, techno upstairs, house in the side room). Miyagi's rocks too - although it tends to be a bit slow on Thursdays. Have an awesome time & maybe I'll see ya!

Yas
Highlands isnt bad on friday's, DMK are the ones promoting it on fridays. If Miyagi's isnt happening on thursdays he can just run across the street to Dublin's.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:20 PM
BoostTed

Erock..if you can get me the names of whos going I can get you on the guest list. Girls in for free but guys its $15..kinda pointless for guys, but maybe you wont have to wait in line. Oh this is for Highlands on Friday.

Quick Reply: LA peeps... need help