Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Anyone in socal have experience with extreme dimensions or VIS racing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 PM
superstuddc27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in socal have experience with extreme dimensions or VIS racing?

Anyone here buy either the Duraflex (part plastic, part resin, part fiberglass) stuff from extreme dimensions AND/OR the fiberglass body kits from VIS racing?

I know there are some comments out there that ED has issues with fitment and customer service but I'm asking specifically in the socal forum because ED's warehouse is located in fullerton. For me, that's close. I'm wondering if the proximity will allow me to try and test the fitment before I purchase, or if they'll allow returns/exchanges for bad fitment. No harm no foul. No need to deal with shipping and stuff.

VIS racing is another option, I believe they are also in Socal and there are some distributors here locally. I hear their fitment is dead on also but their stuff is not as flexible as Duraflex as it is 100% fiberglass.

Curious to see if anyone has PERSONAL 1-on-1 experiences with these socal based shops/companies.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Neeko94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with ED
I got a VIS front bumper, When I picked it up, it was cracked and had to pick it up the following day repaired.
Fitment is off and body shop said they had a huge pain installing it.
Plus I had to deal with people honking at me when I go up driveways...Not up to risk cracking it due to fiberglass.

Plus ED is cheaper and flexible.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
nofrey

Ive bought from both. Both had good customer service but my ED fitment was horrible. I have a vis lip and fitment is spot on, heard there bumpers fitment is good as well. Have you looked at shine auto projects? A bit more $ but way better product and fitment
Old 10-03-2013, 11:35 AM
07maximan

I bought a Chargespeed rear bumper from VIS...no issues at all for me.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:19 PM
superstuddc27

sweet, thanks for the input, appreciate it.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:35 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

buy the real deal...
Old 10-03-2013, 02:25 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I've bought three front bumpers from ED and fitment wasn't bad. One was a bit off but they were more than willing to work with me.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:13 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by dvo
buy the real deal...
Why? The VIS bumper I have fits great. Why would I want to spend 3x as much when I dont need to. Ive read that the "real deal" some times has issues as well.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
superstuddc27

Originally Posted by dvo
buy the real deal...
no thanks, not sure spending a 1/5 of the cars value on just the front bumper is smart. just need something that fits right that i can drive around for a few years. looking for a replacement for the cracked one i have now.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:52 PM
reuben350z

Bought Front bumper, sides, and rear add ons from vis. Good customer service. Fitment on front bumper was a little off around the headlights but nothing excessive, body likes still flowed pretty well. Overall very satisfied with Vis. I've heard horror stories about ED so I personally would never buy from them.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
IDrm350

I've had a VIS CF hood and it yellowed in no time flat. VIS was not willing to help me out.

If you buy from ED, fitment will depend on which exact product you buy. The Nismo V1 I had fit well but the INGS skirts and rear took A LOT of work (extra $$$$) to fit.

Soooo in my book, they both suck.

Also, don't buy into the marketing BS related to materials/construction. It's all just fiberglass with a fancy name.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM
ntwillie1

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I made a huge mistake in buying from extreme dimensions. I purchased a nismo v2 front and charge speed rear. The nismo v2 fit ok. The charge speed rear was a complete nightmare. After ed informed me it was my fault and they couldn't do anything for me on the rear I put it up for sale and clearly highlighted the issues in my FS post. I got virtually no interest in the bumper. Last Monday I got tired of looking at that piece of garbage and put it where it belonged-in the trash.

Funny thing is that the garbage truck came that morning to pick it up, garbage man puts it in the truck and pulls the lever, and when the truck starts to crush it it actually spits the bumper out. Hahaah, even the garbage truck didn't want that nonsense. So he tried a second time and I finally had the pleasure of watching it shatter into pieces.

And don't buy into the dura flex Marketing, it's fiberglass and cracks just as easy. Anyway, lesson learned. I am not ever dealing w ed again.