Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal 350Z club Feb Meet 2/29.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Mr Twisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal 350Z club Feb Meet 2/29.

While the event organizing committees are getting down to business, I've decided to invite the club to a special shoot (firearms) and showoff.

The Shooting Sports Alliance (shooting club) will host an open shoot for members of the So Cal 350Z car club. We will provide guns, expert instruction, Range officiers and both paper and reactive steel targets.
www.ssashooter.com

All we ask you bring is (your own guns if you like), ammo (9mm, 38's, 40 & 45 any shotgun ammo or 223) very important to bring ammo because I can't fund the thousands of rounds we'll use)and some sort of eye (most sunglasses are ok) and ear protection, $10 for the landlord, and a burning desire to have a great time.

We will have hand guns, shotguns, rifles (of all calibers) and many other assorted "Raceguns" for you to play with..

The event is timed to coinside with the reguarly scheduled SSA match event, so you'll have the opportunity to see "Gun Racing at it's Best"

The event will be held at the Raahauge Shooting Park in Norco.. 14995 River Road, Corona Ca.92880
www.raahauges.com

Most of the range has improved paved roads but this is an outdoor shooting facility which consists of mostly dirt and rocks and your car will get dirty. Exercise care when coming and going. If you don't want to wash your baby, bring a beater.

This is a social event, If you always wanted to learn to shoot firearms from experts, I urge you attend this special event.

Fair Warning Steel Madness is highly addictive and has been deemed by the church to be the 8th deadly sin.....

Pm me if you need more details or questions and check out the above websites

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 02-03-2004 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:27 AM
iLLestJrz

I miss shooting at the range. I'd like to be there. I'll have to borrow one of your guns though. mmm... the smell of gun powder...
Old 02-04-2004, 01:34 PM
yeLLowDotZ

hey can i bring my M4 carbine?? I got a DAiwoo K-2 also all .223 and a deagle. umm my gunz are hella moded so if ATF or Officers be there I'm not!! muahahahaaa--
Old 02-05-2004, 07:16 AM
EL Diablo

Twisted, Sounds like a Blast. I am way interested. Let me know more on this week ends run.
Your 55 miles from me. just a half hour away
Old 02-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by yeLLowDotZ
hey can i bring my M4 carbine?? I got a DAiwoo K-2 also all .223 and a deagle. umm my gunz are hella moded so if ATF or Officers be there I'm not!! muahahahaaa--

LOL...thats histarical. I love it...moded guns. Damn...is there anything that can't be mod??? I even have a modded cell-phone. )
Old 02-08-2004, 09:26 PM
___DJK___

This sounds fun, Im interested! BTW, what are the laws regarding carrying weapons and ammo in a hatchback such as the Z??
Old 02-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Mr Twisted

The law requires that , firearms must be transported unloaded in a vehicle divided by a firewall. Since the Z has no trunk, with a divided firewall, the unloaded firearms must be in packed in a locked soft zippered bag,r hard locked case with the ammuntion in a separate locked case or locked ammo can

If you're in a motor home you can carry it in the open unloaded, because it is a "home".....on wheels.

If you're ever stopped and you're asked about the contents of your back; just tell the officer that you're transporting to and from the shooting range. Never volunteer info but never deny you have them.

Btw make sure that all of the mods on your toys are legal... Illegal cats will get you a fixit ticket and a fine ... Illegal firearms will get you jail time.. and a whole lot of nasty ***t in your life.

The meet will be a total blast, I guarantee your life will change over night.. Pm me if you have ammo or firearm questions

YellowDot Z bring all your toys. Our is a private outdoors range.

Splurt , Tadashi and a few other Z guys are frequent shooters.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 02-08-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:05 AM
BullishZ

Ok, I'm very very interested in this... but Mr. T... I am a gun-newbie! I have never been to a shooting range...

So you will provide me with a firearm... but I need to bring my own ammo, right? Where can a newb like me get ammo, and can I just go buy some without restrictions?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Mr Twisted

Default Which ammo?

There are no restriction on the purchase of ammo except around July 3rd and 4th.

Most sporting goods like Turners Outdoorsman and gun stores will have plenty. I suggest you bring around 3-400 rds of 9mm pistol ammo.(Sounds like a lot but you'll go thru it in no time.

Get the cheapest you can find as long as it's not Wolf Ammo (corrosive Russian export,even the Russians don't want it) around $ 7 a box of 50rds is about right. The larger calibers will run more.

The calibers I will provide Guns for are.

22 long Rifle
38 Special
357 Magnum
38 Super
9MM
40 S&W
45 ACP
223 Remington
12 guage Shotgun
20 guage shotgun

The targets we will be shooting at are steel reactive, falling and ringing.

We will have an expert instructor for each shooter on the line and we will have between 6-10 shooters on the line at a time.

At the same time My gun club will be having our regularly schedualed match ,so you'll have the opportunity to see what "Gun Racing" is all about.

Tadashi of Techno Square will be there as well ( he regularly plays with us)
Old 02-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Mr Twisted

Default 10 Min Edit Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can not fully discuss what you guys have to know or edit my original posts or thoughts in 10 mins so call me to discuss if you want to come 909 594- 1525 or my cell 909 214-2648
Old 02-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Shoot (so to speak) - but I'll be on a plane to Geneva on 12/29. I would love to go to exercise my S&W CS40. It hasn't been used since I got it in TX last year.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Morphiend

To bad, I cant make it.

Its Oscar night, and since I am in Entertainment Media, I have to work. Probably from around 2:00 in the afternoon to like 3 or 4 in the morning.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Splurt

You kno I'll be there Ron. I'll also be bringing a couple of my co workers that are interested.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:42 PM
AmyCroft

Default Re: 10 Min Edit Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
Can not fully discuss what you guys have to know or edit my original posts or thoughts in 10 mins so call me to discuss if you want to come 909 594- 1525 or my cell 909 214-2648
Hey You - I also don't like the 10 min change of post.... Please PM
Old 02-13-2004, 05:39 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Sign me and Jenny up! Should be a fun weekend, with the D1 on Saturday and your event on Sunday.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:52 AM
SizongZ

I'll be there with my P229 =)
Old 02-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Mr Twisted

The more the marryier I have plenty of professional instructors to give every shooter individual help and attention.

This a perfect oppertunity to get checked out in the wild west of LA life....

I know there's got to be more of you out there if your dashfull about likeing guns for any reason you can Pm me if you'd like to come.... I won't tell. I promise
Old 02-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default Peas and Love

I'll stick with fast cars. Thank god all you gun nuts are going to be in another county that day. LOL
Old 02-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Wedge

This should be a great time. Haven't shot since moving here from Pittsburgh seven years ago. My wife and I will make every effort to be there. I will probably drive the Sport Trac though. You scared with the dirt road thing........lol.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:11 AM
J Ritt

My GF and I might make it out to this one as well. I used to shoot a lot as a kid (back in pittsburgh as well. ). I used to do range stuff with a .22 cal in boy scouts, and clay pigeons with 12 and 20 gauge shotguns in the fields near my home. I never had any interest in hunting or killing anything, but I always enjoyed the challenge of marksmanship. My brother was big into hunting, and raised field champion beagles. He still has a small arsenal...all sorts of rifles, shotguns, and pistols. I haven't shot anything in quite a while...I think the last time was when I won a turkey shoot when I was a teenager!

I wouldn't mind getting my girlfriend some expert instruction in case she ever needs to use a gun though. I'll talk to her about it.

Thanks!

ps I would love to get a crack at that M4! I've been curious about shooting something like that since the first time I've picked up a gun when I was a little boy.

Last edited by J Ritt; 02-17-2004 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: So Cal 350Z club Feb Meet 2/29.