Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

hi!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 02:35 AM
longbowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool hi!

I usually post over in Northern California and Off Topic, but since I actually grew up in Cerritos, I figured I'd start reading and posting here as well. Maybe even get to meet some of you whenever I'm in the area!
Old 02-08-2004, 07:28 AM
EL Diablo

You should come down to one of our meets/Runs.
We just had a meet yesterday. See Pics in other threads
We usually have something going on at least once a month.
The turn outs are great. Z owners are really into it here.
Keep checking back for the next event and try to make it
if you can. Maybe wait until something really big goes down,
it wont be too long
Old 02-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Z33RIE

Smile Nor Cal Z Relocating in So Cal

thought i'd post a little somethin here, since longbowe showed so cal some luv i'm movin down next weekend, so hopefully i can make it to some of your meets down there too... this lil' girl may be a little different though (you'll soon find out why...lol!) but me & my z will soon be found on the freeways down there... hehe! i only talk to one so cal z'er (he knows who he is!) and hopefully he can introduce me to all of you down there sometime... i'm gonna miss my nor cal z family, but they know i'm gonna try to be back up to their meets as well & i'll be thinking about them, hopefully they make it down for z nationals & convention and that will be a big z party! i'll be keeping my eyes out for you so cal z's, so don't be a stranger and say hi, i don't bite (well most of the time i don't! haha!) z u all around sometime!

~Rie
Old 02-08-2004, 11:47 AM
bobowah

rie,
welcome to socal.

there should be some meets coming up.

mr twisted has arranged quite a few.

Between car meets, driving/track events, and clubbing event you should have tons to do with us.

Let us know where you end up and some board members can help ya out with getting yourself situated...

-Jeff
Old 02-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Janus

You know there is another Z-Meet next weekend in San Deigo?

I don't know if you'll have much time to get settled in...

Here's a linky:

Blue Batmobile San Diego Meet, Sunday Feb 15th, 11am...

^_^
Old 02-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Z33RIE

Originally posted by bobowah
rie,
welcome to socal.

there should be some meets coming up.

mr twisted has arranged quite a few.

Between car meets, driving/track events, and clubbing event you should have tons to do with us.

Let us know where you end up and some board members can help ya out with getting yourself situated...

-Jeff
Thank you Jeff & Janus for your replies & invites! I'll be reading up on the upcoming events, hopefully i can make it to one with the help of my so cal sponsor, he knows who he is!

Janus: i won't be ready to make a meet yet, but thanks for the invite to the SD one, i would love to have gone, but i need to buy a bed and stuff, since i have nothing in my room down there right now... thanks again and there's always a next time!

~Miss Rie
Old 02-08-2004, 02:35 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome back to So Cal, Rie!
It's about time!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Z33RIE

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
Welcome back to So Cal, Rie!
It's about time!!!
hehe! thanks sho! i just flew back up yesterday (sat) from being there 6 whole days, so now i'm trying to take care of everything during my last 7 days in the bay, i'll ttyl!
~Rie
Old 02-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Splurt

Welcome to so cal. It's always nice to have another Z run with us
Old 02-08-2004, 04:36 PM
longbowe

Rie! Nice to see ya here too!

Oh, btw, would anyone in so cal be interested in a coast cruise sometime in early summer? It'd probably be close to the convention time, but anyway, the idea is to make a run from SF to SD (in stages of course). I haven't worked out all the details yet ... will probably make a trial run some time next month before I decide. But would there be interest here? At the very least we can meet somewhere near SB, for those who won't be able to go up to SF.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:09 PM
SHO-TIME

longbowe:
sorrie... forgot to welcome you. hahaha... your icy's welcome in so cal anytime! i'm in cypress 2 months of the year for work. I'm there now and for a while longer. honk if you see me.

that ride along the coast sounds like a load of fun! northern so cal peeps can meet up w/ yall nor cal z'ers and drive down to SD and go to Polarmar Canyon!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Z33RIE

Originally posted by Splurt
Welcome to so cal. It's always nice to have another Z run with us
thanks splurt! honk or wave if ya see me!!!
~Rie
Old 02-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Janus

Janus: i won't be ready to make a meet yet, but thanks for the invite to the SD one, i would love to have gone, but i need to buy a bed and stuff, since i have nothing in my room down there right now... thanks again and there's always a next time!
Hey! No problem! There are a lot of Z owners here in So Cal, I don't know about other parts of the states, I rarely go a day without seeing another Z. Of course, livng down the street from a Nissan Dealership kind of skews that ^_^"

Anyways, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to hang out.

Good luck getting your living arrangements prepared. I know moving to a location where you don't have a support base (i.e. tons of friends and family to mooch off of...) can make it really difficult.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Janus

longbowe:
Oh, btw, would anyone in so cal be interested in a coast cruise sometime in early summer? It'd probably be close to the convention time, but anyway, the idea is to make a run from SF to SD (in stages of course). I haven't worked out all the details yet ... will probably make a trial run some time next month before I decide. But would there be interest here? At the very least we can meet somewhere near SB, for those who won't be able to go up to SF.

Is this during July 4th weekend? If so, I can't go, I always go to the Anime Expo... and then I have the San Diego Comicon....heheh.

Thats about as much time as I can get off from work during the summers ...
Old 02-08-2004, 11:33 PM
longbowe

Janus, you go to AX also? *lol* I went in '02, and dropped by last year as well, since a bunch of my NorCal friends also go. I'm planning to do fanime again this year .. but really just so I can get drunk with people.

As for the coast cruise, I'm thinking late June, probably near the 21st considering summer solstice is supposedly the longest day of the year. It'd make for a nice touring/cruising day.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:54 AM
SHO-TIME

noh! not 21st of June! I'll be out of state!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Z33RIE

Originally posted by Janus
Hey! No problem! There are a lot of Z owners here in So Cal, I don't know about other parts of the states, I rarely go a day without seeing another Z. Of course, livng down the street from a Nissan Dealership kind of skews that ^_^"

Anyways, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to hang out.

Good luck getting your living arrangements prepared. I know moving to a location where you don't have a support base (i.e. tons of friends and family to mooch off of...) can make it really difficult.
hi again! yah when i was down there for 6 days last week and was keepin my eye out for z's, i missed mine, since i flew down there... thanks for the kind words about moving too! i actually lived down there from 98-00 when i first went to college, then i moved back up in 2000 and i the funny thing is that i actually have more friends in so cal, than i do up in the bay area, i only have a handful of friends up here and then the nor cal z's are the main group i hang with... i've been flying down every month or every 2 months down there for the last 4 years, since most of my friends are down there, so it'll be nice to be closer to them again time to see the old friends and make new ones again! don't be a stranger if ya see me on the freeway!
~Rie
Old 02-09-2004, 09:14 AM
iris

Originally posted by longbowe
Hey, I'm def'ly interested. (And if you're in SoCal any time, let us know, we can meet up with you. Toykilla (from Dallas) was just in town last week and I went and had some dessert with him. Seriously! (you dirty minded people!). We had chocolate cake!

Anyway, as long as it's not June 20-21st, b/c actually we planned a trip up north to see the Dodgers and Red Sox (my and my hubby's teams) play the Giants in Pac Bell.

And we'd be happy to meet up in SB or Ventura.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:44 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

im sooooo down for cruising the coast, ive been wanting to do that for a while.
im really hoping the JGTC comes to laguna seca cause if that happens i want to plan a huge cruise from socal up to there.
and im also up for a meet at AX.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:14 AM
longbowe

How's everybody here feel about the weekend before AX? June 26 (Saturday). Dunno when the NorCal Z's will actually roll into SB though. But if I can convince them to start up around 10:30am, we might be able to roll in by mid-afternoon. I'll also pass this date around in NorCal, and see what the response is.