Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Psyc0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Question

I have the money and am ready to purchase a CAI, now my problem is not which to get or anything like that its that my dad is adamently against it because of warranty stuff. My question to you is, are most dealers mod friendly, this being, if you have a problem sumwhere else in the engine are they going to blame it on your intake and not fix it under warranty? Will modifying the intake void any other warrantys? As far as i know it only voids the warranty of the stock airbox, however, my dad seems to think differently. I'm on my way over to the closest nissan dealership where i will most likely be doing my services and such right now so i will ask them the same questions if they say they will maintain all warranties i'm going to get it in writing and go buy my intake... what do you all think?
Old 03-28-2004, 08:40 AM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Psyc0, there are tons of threads on CAI pros and cons in the "Modifications > Engine/Drivetrain/Forced Induction" board. In a nutshell, opinions vary on which one works or sounds better. so I can't answer that for you.

On the issue of warranty, CAI won't void the warranty on the rest of the engine unless you get into a hyrolock situation which is not very likely with the weather in SoCal but it has happened.

As to your third question, all dealers are not equally mod-friendly. My local dealer won't touch anything that doesn't have Nissan stamped on it. That's why I go to Performance now. In general, I would suggest you talk to your dealer b4 you put on any mods, better yet have them put it on if they'll do it. But in your case, CAI is a very light mod and as long as you keep the original air box, you can alway put it back on and join the choir, so to speak.