Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

The "Official" SoCal 350Z Club Website

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
zman23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by iLLestJrz
I know of a company that can dish up some shirts with a Z logo on it. Just for a thought. Some thing that the money can be used for... and it will make everyone feel like an official Z club member.

illestJrz,
If those shirts have embroidery, I can do the programs for the embroidery pieces, meaning making the designs ready for a contractor to sew the embroidery on the shirts, jackets or whatever we want the logo or logos to go on. That is part of what I do on a dayly basis. So if we can come up with some cool looking designs, I can program them so they will be ready for sewing at any local embroidery shop.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Mr Twisted

I think the first thing we should do is to put up the pics of the members so every can see were not a fly by night group. The club has substance and the Baddest Z's in the country as its core group. I can think of 6 zs we have in the So Cal group that are at leasted ranked in the top 10 if not 1 thru 10. Lets start showing the world what we are made of and the rest will work itself out.

The group is exclusive enough, In time Everyone with a Z will want to be alligned with it soon enough..

Remember the 150 on the ground floor. Your in if you want to stay.

I really wanted, first a pic car and owner in the same shot so everyone can asssociate the car with the owner and then separate pics of the car and bio. later after we estabilish the stuff we want.

Cars come and go but it's the owners that are the backbone of any group.

Send in the pics guys to chris so we can get up the first page.

As for the money thing, it's not a biggy at the monent and not even worth mentioning but at some point each will want to pay his fair share to maintain the upward movement.

Right now, its nothing to join but a desire to be with the top group in the community but later it will cost a arm and leg and then that might be maybe. Mark my words you heard it from me first.......

I never sweat the little stuff. Bigger plans are instore for the So Cal 350 Z club and I'ts supporting members.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 04-01-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Elitemotion

Well.. if we do change names or need more room, i have a webserver with extra space also if needed...
Old 04-02-2004, 12:58 PM
BullishZ

Awesome. Thanks Elite!
Old 04-04-2004, 01:26 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cold hard fact is that money is always an issue when starting a venture like this..that's why I sold the 50/50 tickets at the Performance event last month. $129 isn't much but it's a start in at least paying back Ron & Nora for some of what they paid out of pocket. I think the idea of using lysa's site for paypal of dues is great as long as lysa is OK with it. $10 each should be no problem and with 150 members to begin with that would be a nice start

Chris..as usual you've stepped up to the plate with action..it's appreciated my friend
Old 04-04-2004, 05:30 PM
BullishZ

Well, my original idea wasn't to paypal her a membership fee.

It was to promote her to a position of Treasurer, so we can paypal her for whatever (anything) we needed. I spoke with her and Kash today, and she expressed interest in the position. If we have a vote, I am sure that she'll have the OC vote.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:06 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I'll second the nomination
Old 04-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will be willing to help sponsor this project with $$. I have a little room left in my budget I haven't spent or promised yet this year.... keep me in the loop and let us know what we can do for you. I'm not trying to pimp this as a "Performance Nissan" thing... as you know I love my car and the local events as much as you guys. Would hope this will be open for all banners/vendors to help support the club.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:32 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default banners

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
We will be willing to help sponsor this project with $$. I have a little room left in my budget I haven't spent or promised yet this year.... keep me in the loop and let us know what we can do for you. I'm not trying to pimp this as a "Performance Nissan" thing... as you know I love my car and the local events as much as you guys. Would hope this will be open for all banners/vendors to help support the club.
Jeff,

Mr. Twisted and I are working out the details of the banners/sponsorships. We will definitely have space available on the site for banners and other vendor ads. Thanks for all your support!

-Chris
Old 04-06-2004, 08:33 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Member Bio Questions

Hey everyone,

I need some help from all of you to come up with the questions that will be asked/answered on the member Bio pages. You can see an example on the "Members"section of the site. So far only Audiopat has sent me a picture so I created the basic format using him, but I need to know the questions that you all want to know. I started a list under his picture, but they are pretty genaric. Let's get a good list going, then when we all agree upon them, we'll put those up with the members pictures along with their answers.

Thanks everyone!

-Chris

Last edited by ChrisMCagle; 04-06-2004 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
BullishZ

Handle/nickname
Name
Profession
Year
Color
Trim
Z-Day = Date of purchase
Current mods
Future mods
Baseline Dyno
Modified Dyno
Servicing Dealership

You can use any of the above that you like...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:29 AM
G35to350Z-12

As for me, I'd like to get to know more about the people in the club. So, I'd throw in:

1. Tell us some of the "adventures" in your life. This could be a specific event, a vacation, etc. For example, one of my adventures is "rafted down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon for two weeks".

2. Interesting job(s) you've had or interesting projects you've worked on.

3. Other hobbies (besides your 350Z).

Also, the "members" info should be considered "personal" and only accessible via login ID/password to that section, for members who have paid their dues. Without such security, I would not furnish much personal info.

Jeff D.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:37 AM
EL Diablo

Eric hit on alot of the main questions for the bio's.

Hey Chris I have a few member pics with thier Z's I need to send over to you from the BBQ, PM me an email address I can send them to.

Still Need to get in touch with ya
Old 04-06-2004, 10:47 AM
callmeaflirt

El Diablo,
I hope you got some good pics
(So are you planning the Z Beach Bash yet?)

:-D Lysa :-D
Old 04-06-2004, 10:55 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Awesome

Originally posted by BullishZ
Handle/nickname
Name
Profession
Year
Color
Trim
Z-Day = Date of purchase
Current mods
Future mods
Baseline Dyno
Modified Dyno
Servicing Dealership
GREAT Feedback, guys! I also got the following list from Mr. Twisted a little while ago:

Handle/screen name
Real name First ..... Last (optional)
Occupation
Other interest/hobbies
birthdate (optional)
E-mail (optional)
City you live in (optional)
Where you service your car.?
Mods to date
Future Mods
Additional comments.

There are a lot of similarities in the list from BullishZ. That's great. I'll also include the "Adventure" question that G35to350Z-12 proposed. I bet we'll get a lot of interesting responses to that one.

El Diablo, send the pics to chrismcagle@yahoo.com. Please include who the pictures are of when you send them. Thanks!

-Chris
Old 04-06-2004, 02:40 PM
bobowah

I think I'm a little late to the band wagon.

I have shiftz.com domain and have a forum setup there from a long time ago when my350z took a crap.

I got side tracked and never finished setting it up. I'm cool with letting the socal 350z club use it... and use of my website..

let me know if you all are interested...

-Jeff
Old 04-06-2004, 03:01 PM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by bobowah
I think I'm a little late to the band wagon.

I have shiftz.com domain and have a forum setup there from a long time ago when my350z took a crap.

I got side tracked and never finished setting it up. I'm cool with letting the socal 350z club use it... and use of my website..

let me know if you all are interested...

-Jeff
We are already up and running with the site but thanks for the offer!

-CHris
Old 04-06-2004, 03:20 PM
BullishZ

Oooh... Bobo.

Nice domain name...
Old 04-06-2004, 03:52 PM
EL Diablo

Originally posted by callmeaflirt
El Diablo,
I hope you got some good pics
(So are you planning the Z Beach Bash yet?)

:-D Lysa :-D
I've got a few good pics.

I'd have the members send a pic of themselves with thier Z's.
For the ones we dont have we can shoot'em at a meet.
I am sure members have some good ones we can use.
We need to post up and let em know where to send the pics and
bio info. ---->Chris

I only have about a half dozen or so.

As for a Beach party, I think that would be fun
I am terrible at planning things, I am one of those last minute
people. HELL I havent even filed my taxes yet

I just made a suggestion for a future meet, I wouldnt even know where to start. Where the hell could you have it ? I am from NYC, what do I know about the beach

but lets focus on you a second. You are a great planner.
You are organized, you have put together not one but two of these meets. and you have done a great job.

Simply put your the best and I am smart enough to know
when I am out of my class.

Now I do Live a block and a half away from the beach.
Could be something brewing with that. not sure though.
Parking is terrible over there.

Lets put on out thinking caps for this one. I am down to help out.

Lysa your the only one in our gang with the skills.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default OK, time for my $0.02

I think making the So Cal 350Z Club, or whatever we are calling it, more official with a website, t-shirts, etc. is great, and so are the BBQs and other social get togethers. But to me, the most important thing is driving that sucker. I know some of you have already seen this, but I'm posting it here for those who haven't.

350Z CHALLENGE SERIES:

First event at WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY on Friday, June 4, 2004 (tentative date). We will be running the big road course at Willow Springs (this is NOT Streets of Willow). It is 3 miles with 2 long straights and lots of fast sweepers, plus some tight turns too. It is known as “the fastest road in the west.”

The event will feature professional driving instructors and timing equipment, included in the price. We get all day at the track. There will probably be 3 run groups, so we should expect about 4 runs sessions of ½ hour each, or a total of about 2 hours of track time. Beginners and more experienced drivers are all welcome.

Since the 350Z CHALLENGE SERIES is in its infancy, we will be sharing the track with a few other CHALLENGE car clubs, including Corvettes, Boxsters, S2000s, RX-7s and Miatas. We can set up the 350Zs in one area of the paddock for photography.

The only equipment you need is a DOT/Snell 90 helmet. I got an open-face model at a motorcycle shop for $70 (or you can rent one at the track, I think).

The cost is not finally determined yet, but will definitely be less than $150. I am not making any money on this, I am just promoting it in my capacity as unofficial Events Coordinator (and official Imperial Potentate) of the California 350Z Club.

I need at least 20 cars to make this work. At this point the whole thing is tentative, depending on how many 350Z owners are serious about attending. Please contact me by PM here if you are interested.

Quick Reply: The "Official" SoCal 350Z Club Website