Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

No 350Z Bounce - It's fixed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:03 AM
AmyCroft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile No 350Z Bounce - It's fixed

YES - NO BOUNCING !!!!!!!! Yeah

So California 350Z Users - It's over - it was the factory shocks...
The car is no longer a pain in the AZZ..

Can I say ***?
----------------------------------

Went to the Fast and Furious hidden speed shop and had the Koni's installed tonight.... Heh ! ( remember the part of the movie 2Fast 2Furious.... ) Started at 7:30 and got out at 10:30

This is the same shop - I mentioned in a previous post. We did eric@Esporttuning.com last night.. ( Got four calls from him.. Saying he now loves his Z.. and the way it rides so well with the Koni's )

But tonight was my night to have the Koni's installed.....

The install went much smoother than last night's. Pop out the Struts.. Removal of the tripod mount was difficult because the stock struts ( Tokico ) do not have a hex pattern on the strut rod.
A cresent wrench was used, then an open end wrench.. Previous installer used a nut wich was not "Aircraft Quality" - It should have been installed with "Anti-Seeze".

New shocks installed with Hotchkis 350Z (silver) springs. Front and Rear.. 2 hours no Impact wrenches. All bolts tightened to factory specs. Then the rear stock camber rods removed and the hand crafted Hotchkis adjustable rear camber rods were installed.
These were ProtoType rods. Production Rods will be released soon, at a fantastic price point.

The Camber rod CAM bolts were set centered.. and the length of the Adjustable Rods were set to 12" center to center.

The car was rolled back about 10 feet, then rolled forward. We used a simple inclinometer. The rear camber setting is now near spec at -1.5 degree.

Test drive - no suspension noise... back to the shop.. I'll run a few hundred miles then take it to the local alignment shop.

Paid my bill ( cash of course ) had a beir.. and drove home..

Just like night and day... It's like a new car.. Do I love my Z now - more than ever.

Statement...

If you have a Fat *** Z, you need some Fat *** shocks.... Koni !
The way to go..

Do I endorse them.. Yes - This solves the Nissan 350Z bounce..

G35C owners a thumbs up..

Koni's Not cheap.. But cheaper than trading out your ride...

My car no longer feels like I'm going to detach a retina...
It will be a few weeks of break-in and adjusting to the "New" Car before I take it to speed.. But I predict at speed ( 135-150) - I'll be able to see clearly in the rear view mirror..

---------- This was cut and pasted from the suspension section.. -

But you folks that are in the L.A. , Orange County and Riverside area.. If you need some serious 350Z work done.. Private Mail me and I can get you Hooked up with some real "Drift Smart Dudes" These guy's will treat your car like they owned it" and you can sit in and watch... If you have an idea they can impliment it..

The real expertise is in FI cars - the Supra they run is 700 HP.. But the daily drivers are 500 Hp 240SX Drift Cars.. Ha!
Old 04-11-2004, 01:22 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty cool. I was so afraid you were going to say April Fool's somewhere!

Have other people with aftermarket shocks reported similar things?

>> My car no longer feels like I'm going to detach a retina...

And that's a good thing