Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

California Cars/Z's (was: Toronto Z owner in SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Strife350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Cars/Z's (was: Toronto Z owner in SoCal)

So I spent my first full day in Costa Mesa/Los Angeles today, and all I have to say is... WOW... the weather, the cars, the girls, the neighborhoods... you guys have it all !

I spent some time in Beverly Hills and probably saw about 5 ferraris and 20+ porsches... not bad considering i was only there for an hour, and in Toronto, I'm lucky to see 5 porsches a YEAR!

I also saw a few really nice Z's today too (made me miss mine already... the company has me rolling in a pt cruiser ) :

-a blue roadster with chrome rims
-a silver with gunmetal rims and a wide lip (couldn't see the type because i saw him/her on the 405 going about 75mph)
-a black with stock rims, but it looked FLOORED , my guess is at least a 2" inch
-one more chrome silver in a parking lot in Costa Mesa (off bristol street if i remember correctly) with a Z bracket license frame... first time i've seen that frame in person... looks really nice, i think i'll order one... hehe i think i scared the poor girl who owned it though... i was checking out that license plate frame for a while

do these belong to anyone here? there's probably a lot of Z's in SoCal so these may not belong to anyone on this board, but hey, it's worth a try
Old 04-11-2004, 08:04 PM
daytona350z

Default Re: California Cars/Z's (was: Toronto Z owner in SoCal)

Originally posted by Strife350z

do these belong to anyone here? there's probably a lot of Z's in SoCal so these may not belong to anyone on this board, but hey, it's worth a try
hehe, lots of Z's here in so cali....but most arent on the boards.

if u were in costa mesa, u would be like in my backyard, if you see a blue Z on regular 6-spoke 18's w/gold brembo's, prolly me, since i really dont think anyone like to sport the j-spec look
Old 04-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Grey Matter

So. Cal is full of nice cars. Porsches seem to be common place and I see 911 Turbos daily. Today I saw a Lamborghini Diablo. AMG Mercades are very common and I have even seen a few of the new 600s (with the V12 biturbos). A week ago I saw 3 of the new Vipers on the same day. And it seems that the H2s are the new trendy car to have, they are everywhere. But none of these compair to the Z
Old 04-11-2004, 09:10 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> So I spent my first full day in Costa Mesa/Los Angeles today, and all I have to say is... WOW... the weather, the cars, the girls, the neighborhoods... you guys have it all

Whoa, I was under the impression that this place sucked. Everywhere else must REALLY suck, or you're being too kind
Old 04-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Strife350z

nah i'm not just being nice... seriously, this place is awesome...

another aspect i didn't mention is the friendliness of the people... i was doing the usual touristy thing today of taking pictures around hollywood blvd, and everyone i saw or bumped into was very friendly

also, i thought Toronto was the only "truly" multicultural city after having visited a few other major cities in north america... but LA is up there too... definitely a great place to visit... I haven't been here long enough to comment on how it's like to live here, but i'm sure it's nice too

so anyway... are there any good tuner shops around costa mesa/orange county/anaheim that I should visit? I'm looking to pick up some mods for my Z before i leave... and maybe even order some volks
Old 04-11-2004, 10:01 PM
daytona350z

so anyway... are there any good tuner shops around costa mesa/orange county/anaheim that I should visit? I'm looking to pick up some mods for my Z before i leave... and maybe even order some volks
check out superautobacs while your down here
its off beach after garden grove blvd, look for the big orange/yellow sign it is in stanton.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

nah i'm not just being nice... seriously, this place is awesome...

another aspect i didn't mention is the friendliness of the people... i was doing the usual touristy thing today of taking pictures around hollywood blvd, and everyone i saw or bumped into was very friendly

also, i thought Toronto was the only "truly" multicultural city after having visited a few other major cities in north america... but LA is up there too... definitely a great place to visit... I haven't been here long enough to comment on how it's like to live here, but i'm sure it's nice too

Hey Strife....glad to see you enjoyed yourself. Multicultural it is....but so is Montreal, right next door. I also love huge cities filled with people from everywhere. Makes me feel like I'm at home, and also gives me a perspective of the different cultures the city is made up of. I think Americans are generally friendly people, period. The longer I'm here and I start conversations, the more people seem to open up.

Look, next time you're in town, let everyone know ahead of time and try to set something up. Also, pm me and if nothing can be arranged, maybe we can hook up for lunch or dinner or drinks. Have a safe trip back ho home,
Jen a.k.a. Luv Mntrl
Old 04-12-2004, 09:05 AM
PharCyde

1. Monday, April 11 - Silver Coupe parked around the corner from my folks house in So. Pasadena.

2. Friday, April 9 - DB Roadster (WOOT!) heading Westbound on the 10.

Come to think of it I really don't see that many Roadsters...

-Aaron
Old 04-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Strife350z

Luv Montreal - that sounds great! I will most definitely arrange something ahead of time... hopefully it won't be too long from now... I'm really enjoying it here though... but work has limited the amount of time i can spend sightseeing... started at 8:30 and ended at 6:30pm today... *sigh*... that's the "business" side of this trip i suppose

So anyone know of good tuner shops to pick up Z stuff? I'm really hoping to land some nice mods for my Z before heading back up north!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:26 PM
AmyCroft

http://www.autobacsusa.com/

Cheers Amy -

It is in stanton. On Beach Blvd... ( like DatonaBlue Said )

22 Fwy and Beach Blvd - Go north a block - on your left. The are open til 9pm

Cheers -

12645 Beach Blvd.
Stanton, CA 90680.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Mr Twisted

Try to get in Performance Nissan before you leave or at least check them out the next time your here.