Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 02:14 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by callmeaflirt
If a leader can not listen to the people below him, then how efficiently is the club going to run??
Looks like this is effectively the point being made, does the club want a leader or a representative?

bobo, hanging out is fine but larger events like the one at Duarte and potentially bigger ones in the future require some money and organization. I think Ron is really skilled at what he's been doing. Being an event promoter myself, I know it's a tough job and takes a lot of time and effort.

I also agree that we should consider meeting and discussing some of the key points mentioned on list regarding the name, purpose, and schedules. So far it's really on the right track (thanks to Ron and other volunteers) and with all the combined skill we've got in this group it's only going to get bigger and better.

Last edited by zxsaint; 04-15-2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:32 PM
bobowah

Originally posted by zxsaint

bobo, hanging out is fine but larger events like the one at Duarte and potentially bigger ones in the future require some money and organization. I think Ron is really skilled at what he's been doing. Being an event promoter myself, I know it's a tough job and takes a lot of time and effort.
patrick,
I'm not saying ron is not done a good job. however does it really require a club president to arrange these things?

If all the Z member work together and people volunteer to organize things there's nothing wrong with that.

there were some issues from other car owners about how the Z took over the g35 event at performance nissan.

-Jeff
Old 04-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Wedge

So.......does this mean you don't want a sticker?
Old 04-15-2004, 02:57 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

No, not a club president but definitely a need for a club representative to deal with the sponsors. That would be one of the volunteer positions among a small team of coodinators.

That's how the SCCA is structured but on a much larger scale as a non-profit 60,000 member car club.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:05 PM
callmeaflirt

No one is complaining about having a club president... If we have a club, a president is OBVIOUSLY needed...and Patrick is right.. for the meets like Duarte and other bigger meets, we need a "president". I just think that the president shouldnt be the only one making the decisions...especially decisions that were not agreed upon by the majority of the "club".

We also dont need a president to organize bbq's and things on the smaller scale..we can have meets, and beach bbq's and other things without a president....there have been more meets organized by NON-presidents than the actual president himself. But in actuality, who cares who organizes them? Who cares if the person organizing it doenst have a title? I think the only thing that should matter is that people come to the meets or bbq's or whatever, and has a good time...thats all. No one is complaining about anything other than BEING HEARD. Everyone should have the opportunity to be heard. Thats my opinion at least...

Lysa

Last edited by callmeaflirt; 04-15-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

This is a democracy, not a dictatorship. Voting on certain issues, or maybe all issues should be required by all members. I also think everyone has something to say, or at least wants to be heard. I do...
Old 04-15-2004, 03:49 PM
callmeaflirt

Jen where have you been???????

Read your PM woman!

Lysa
Old 04-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by hfm
Guys, please chill out. This thread is going exactly where it has no business to go in public.

Ron, to date, you've done a terrific job organizing everything, getting together sponsors and making the meets fun events. The amount of time you, your wife and I will add Audio Pat and Jeff and Jenny have contributed to the club shows us all how dedicated each of you are to the club.

But, you do need to recognize that Lysa and Eric made good points and I agree with them entirely with respect to club organization. This is not about disent, about starting up a new club or following or not following. It's proper discussion of where the club is headed.

I really suggest that any further discussion on the subject be voiced at the next meet rather than on this thread.
Dan is right, many people feel the same way. We all need to be heard, as we all have a voice in this club. It's not about nit picking, it's about adopting a democratic way of dealing with everyone's views and opinions. We can't have one person deciding for everyone.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:08 PM
BullishZ

"We can't have one person deciding for everyone"...

Jen... my thoughts exactly.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by BullishZ
"We can't have one person deciding for everyone"...

Jen... my thoughts exactly.
Ya, otherwise people will start dropping like flies cause they won't be happy about this or that. Sh*t, we vote for a president/prime minister to run our countries.....same thing...I don't want someone always telling me what to do. I want to be able to vote on the issue, and if I lose, then fine I'll deal with it. Maybe the next vote on the next issue will be in my favor. I don't like being known as a 350Zfreak.....no offense to anyone, but I am not a teenager.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
callmeaflirt

I'm not a teenager either.....

Damn..sux being old doesnt it....

j/k

Lysa
Old 04-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

I'm not a teenager either.....

Damn..sux being old doesnt it....

j/k

Lysa
BITE ME! Hey, where are you woman? Are you coming over for dinner or what? Check your pm!!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:01 PM
callmeaflirt

Bite you??? I think some guys would LOVE to see that ! haha

I replied to your PM

Lysa
Old 04-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Bite you??? I think some guys would LOVE to see that ! haha

I replied to your PM

Lysa
Ahahahhahaha, ya I can bet my life on that one......

I sent you another pm, check it out....I've just been told to go back to Canada! How nice.....
Old 04-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Mr Twisted

I 've read your feelings and see little reason to go on killing myself with a public club. From this point on the So Cal 350 Z Club Does not exist and Mrs Twisted and I are out.

Start your own club and choose your own name and Good luck at the meets and club meetings.

Wedge How many stickers do you want
They'll be 6-8 inches

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 04-15-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:12 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
I 've read your feelings and see little reason to go on killing myself with a public club. From this point on the So Cal 350 Z Club Does not exist and Mrs Twisted and I are out.

Start your own club and choose your own name and Good luck at the meets and club meetings.

Wedge How many stickers do you want
They'll be 6-8 inches
Damn it Ron, don't do this.

You have amazing skills at organizing things. But, you are horrible when it comes to dealing with with accepting what's being said by members on this forum when it's not what you want to hear.

If that is your final word, fine. But, making it a all or nothing situtation never works out unless you're ready for the nothing.

This thread never should have turned out into what it is now. I still believe that the club should remain open to further development and member's opinions must be taken into consideration. Everything covered here should be discussed at the next meeting.

If you can't accept that, then, coming from the guy who nominated you into the interim president position, I will withdraw from that nomination. And, as you should be aware, So. Cal. Z owners who have enjoyed each others company, with or without a club, will continue to enjoy each others company.

Please reconsider your position.

Dan
Old 04-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Mr Twisted

I've got so many more ideas and programs planned in the future and I'm glad this got out in the open now. Extra
baggage I do'nt need, It's support .......and guy's that will roll up there sleeves and do there part for the good of other.

Dan I started this club with Myself and Nora .... I think we can get by....Thanks for your concern.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:45 PM
CarbonZ

What are they gonna say?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Janus

Hrm, guess I should of read every thread before offering to print the stickers....

Last edited by Janus; 04-15-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Wedge

Well, who would have thought that an offer of club stickers would lead to the demise of the SoCal 350Z club as we know it? Quite frankly, it boggles the mind.

Many members may have passed over this thread, not knowing the ramifications it has had. After all, it was just a sticker thread.

Of the 150 members, less than 10 have expressed disappointment in this thread with regard to the leadership and direction that Ron has taken the club. This of course may simply be due to the rest of the members not seeing the thread, or it could be that other dissatisfied members have not seen fit to chastise Ron in a public forum. More than likely though, I think the "Silent Majority" have no problem at all with the club as it is and have simply chosen not to comment.

The escalation of the differences of opinion was rapid, interupted only by a discertation as to a club being a democracy, a dinner date confirmation, a statement regarding getting older and then a few comments concerning the fact that a lot of men would like to see one woman bite another. I tried diffusing the direction of the thread by interjecting a sticker comment........but obviously to no avail.

The name of the club on the sticker started this. Yes, a name change has been suggested in the past. New names have been proposed over the months, but I do not think a concensus was reached on any of them. Some of the names were cute, some too cute, some would have been embarrassing to older members and some would have been embarrassing to younger members. The fact is that most (but not all) car clubs have two things in common regarding the name........the type of vehicle and the location of the club . This is what we had.

Another suggestion was that we vote on all things pertaining to the club. I do not want to have to wait to see how the vote turns out before knowing the plan. I prefer to see the plan, then make my decision as to whether or not the function is one that I wish to attend. So far I have been very pleased with the events planned by Ron. Additonally, events planned by other members such as Lysa's cook out were great ideas. Did anyone vote on that? I would have attended the cook out if I had not been in Atlanta that weekend. The point is that someone has to make a decision as to what the event is, then the vote is taken simply by how many commit to attend the event. This is when your democratic choice comes in......you are not forced to attend anything, nor are you penalized for not attending. Someone once said " A commitee is twelve people doing the work of one".

I have been in leadership roles for most of my life. It is not always fun. If you wish to be in a club with a leader, then let him or her lead. If you do not like the structure of an official club with a leader, then don't join it. There is an old business saying " I can't give you a formula for success, but I can give you one for failure......try to please everyone" This holds true in any type of organization.

I know we all appreciate the zest and vigor, the time and energy and of course the hard work and personal funds that Ron and Nora have expended for the meets and events we have had in the past. Whether we agree or disagree with Ron's philosophy, we must all agree that he has never lacked in his enthusiasm for the club. I for one have absolutely no issues with Ron, the name of the club or the events I have attended. I enjoyed the events a lot. The organization of the events is what got the people to attend and the people who attended are what made the event enjoyable for me.

Chris Cagle has taken a lot of heat over the name of his website which he generously donated for use by the SoCal 350Z Club. This site existed for Chris' personal use and he chose the name he did for the site for himself. He is a 350Z Freak! He loves his car. Just because the URL of the site is not something you like, do not lose sight of the fact that Chris graciously let our club use his site, thereby saving the expense of getting our own. Additionally, Chris volunteered his time to build and update the club information. How can anyone not appreciate the generosity shown by Chris? I certainly do......regardless of the site name.

It is my intention to stick with Ron if I am invited to join the new club. I sincerely hope that we do not lose a single member. I spoke to a lot of people at both the shoot at Ron's gun club and also the Performance Meet. Each and every conversation was enjoyable to me. Lots of great people.

Finally, in response to Ron's question.....I would like two silver stickers.

Quick Reply: So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......