Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 06:10 AM
Mr Twisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......

I'm planning to make So Cal 350 Z Club stickers for my cars. The'll be about 6"-8'
long. Who would like some as we'll ,might be a few dollors each? I'm getting mine in gold and silver.

Be recognized at meets.....

Mrs Twisted (2) Silver.
Mr Twisted (2) Gold

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 04-15-2004 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:31 AM
BullishZ

We should have the MEMBERS decide on an official club name first.

Why don't you run a poll to see if people are happy with the So Cal 350 Z Club name, or they want a new name? I'm sure you've read threads where members wrote that they wanted a new name. Don't ignore them!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Wedge

Wow Ron.......that is quite a range for the size of the sticker!! Anywhere from 6 inches to 8 feet long!........lol, just kidding.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:51 AM
callmeaflirt

I agree with BullishZ....If we are going to be an "official" car club, then we need :

1. an official name.
2. we need a purpose (are we going to show, going to race, going to just hang out...you get the idea)
3. we need to have a meeting, whether its a monthly, semimonthly, weekly or whatever
4. an official website (this is optional)

I know we have the www.350zfreak.com site from Chris. I think that Chris was great to actually let us use his site....BUT, I dont think it is fair that no one was really consulted on the use of his site....I am pretty sure that there are a ton of people on here that are NOT happy with that name..The website name is cool, but NOT for the purpose of OUR club, the SO CAL 350Z. Our "official" car club name should be the title of the website, or some sort of abbreviation.

Alot of people here had some good ideas on names but were completely ignored when they came up with ideas...We should have had a "brainstorm" of names and ideas before it was automatically given to Chris for use of his site.
Dont get me wrong, I (and Im sure lots of others here) are greatful for the use of his site, but it just doesnt fit in with the purpose of OUR club.

We also need to have some sort of meeting, whether its monthly or whatever....There is the sin city z club in Vegas that has meetings every month...same date and time and place. Also, Group Z has a meeting every month. Same date, time and place. If we are going to be an official club, then we need to get a meeting date every month.

I first joined this site in mid Jan so we missed the first meeting that you guys had in Duarte.....BUT, since then, there have been no CLUB meetings....none in Feb..None in March...none in April....We had the meet that I organized at Nationals, a meet in Pasadena, a Hooters lunchtime meeting, a 350z shoot out at Mr. Twisted shooting range, and the cookout...Other than that, which are not CLUB MEETINGS, we have not had anything else....
We need to get together, so everyone can voice thier opinions. We should ALL be able to input what logo for stickers what logo for club shirts and so forth...I dont think its right that one person decides for the rest of us....Just my $1.02
(Hope I didnt offend anyone with what I just said.)

Lysa

Last edited by callmeaflirt; 04-15-2004 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:46 AM
BullishZ

Lysa... THANK YOU!

A couple members here have expressed the same thought. That the website and the ideas Ron have put together are GREAT... BUT, decisions should be made as a GROUP.

If there was a thread asking people about the official club site... how it should be run, what should be on it, and who can help with it... I'm sure a number of people would have offered their help or whatever.

But you hit all the points that have been on my mind. Thanks for your post!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:52 AM
callmeaflirt

Hey Eric,
I was beginning to think that I offended some people cuz no one responded! I know when I talked to a few people, they expressed the same thoughts and concerns...I guess I was just the first to really post it...Hope this doenst put me in the doghouse! Im not really the type to "keep it to myself". I pretty much say whats on my mind...and trust me, it HAS gotten me in trouble in the past....So I REALLY HOPE that no one got offended by my comments....But thanks for the back up Eric..I appreciate it

Lysa
Old 04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by callmeaflirt
I agree with BullishZ....If we are going to be an "official" car club, then we need :

1. an official name.
2. we need a purpose (are we going to show, going to race, going to just hang out...you get the idea)
3. we need to have a meeting, whether its a monthly, semimonthly, weekly or whatever
4. an official website (this is optional)

Lysa
You guys are definitely on the right track. If this is going to be done right, there are a couple options.

1. The easier option is to become a charter member club of an already established organization like the ZCCA. http://www.zcca.org/

2. The more difficult option is to go throught the hurdles of becoming an official Z club recognized by Nissan. This would entail creation of bylaws, goals, election of officers, meeting schedule and all other details necessary for an official organization.

So far, everything has been entirely informal and that's fine. But, after the first meet, it certainly sounded like this was going to be an official club. Anyway, if you folks are serious about this, we know someone at Nissan who might be able to give us a hand with option 2 if that's considered.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:21 AM
BullishZ

Dan, good point. However, for us to even CONSIDER reaching out to Nissan Corporate, we should be better organized ourselves. That means, first of all, getting an official name together!

Lysa, no problem. I thank YOU for voicing your concerns. It's interesting that you say a couple people expressed the same concerns to you, because I've heard the same concerns from several members via private conversations.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:30 AM
hfm

The name is definitely something that should be established by the group. Mr. T has commented and asked for names on more than one occasion. The problem is, an organized effort to get a name wasn't done. My suggestion, get a batch of names as was attempted on another thread and then put it to the vote at the next organized and scheduled meet.

One other suggestion, all these discussions, should be on a private forum. Airing out stuff about the club in public isn't discrete and I can see it being a problem and tacky if messy stuff is discussed.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Mr Twisted

In all groups there are disenters. I'll be happy to make available the mailing list with the premission of each member to Lysa or Bullish to start there own clubs, but for now this is what we got and I do not intend to go backwards.

If anyone wants to keep going forward Follow me ...... If not STAY BEHIND......

Respectfully

Mr Twisted

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 04-15-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:41 AM
BullishZ

Ron, that's the problem. You're not listening to the MEMBERS. Why are you so adamantly protesting this? Why are you ignoring members' suggestions?

The EXACT reason many people do not voice this to you, but do so privately is because you are now labeling me and Lysa as "disenters"...

We are not. We are members who are offering our suggestions. I have no intention of starting a new club. This is not about that. This is not about divisions and power-tripping. It's not about you either. It's about the members: the enthusiasts and the cars.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:52 AM
hfm

Guys, please chill out. This thread is going exactly where it has no business to go in public.

Ron, to date, you've done a terrific job organizing everything, getting together sponsors and making the meets fun events. The amount of time you, your wife and I will add Audio Pat and Jeff and Jenny have contributed to the club shows us all how dedicated each of you are to the club.

But, you do need to recognize that Lysa and Eric made good points and I agree with them entirely with respect to club organization. This is not about disent, about starting up a new club or following or not following. It's proper discussion of where the club is headed.

I really suggest that any further discussion on the subject be voiced at the next meet rather than on this thread.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:17 AM
bobowah

I think this is hiliarous.

It's the battle of the 350z swords... btw I have a socal forums set up from the "original" members of the socal 350z.

www.jankyinternet.com/forums/

I call it shiftz

just to throw my sword into the battle
haha...
Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 AM
bobowah

BTW I have the biggest STick!!!!

I know Ron has the bigger guns... so I'll throw my sticks and stones in my defense... hahahahahaahah
Old 04-15-2004, 11:52 AM
callmeaflirt

My intention with my post was NOT to offend anyone....I stated that more than once on this thread....I was simply making statements on more than just MY behalf...Ive had a bunch of conversations w/ people, most recently at the cookout, who all expressed the same concerns that I posted. If a leader can not listen to the people below him, then how efficiently is the club going to run??

I agree with Dan that Ron has done a TON of work to promote this club and the events that he organizes are always fantastic.. However, I do NOT LIKE BEING LABLED AS A DISENTER simply because I chose to voice my opinion, which many others have agreed with. Even the ones who posted on here agree with both Eric and I.

I just wanted to get the point across that we need certain things done in order to maintain an efficient car club. If my ideas suck, then so be it. But I am entitled to my opinion. It seems as though my opinion is the same as quite a few others on here....so Im not just speaking for myself..Im speaking on behalf of the "others" who dont want to be labeled as a "disenter".

Ron, I do not want the email listing of the club, nor do I want to start my own club. I wanted to give suggestions for THIS club and I wanted you to hear out what others were saying...Sorry if this offended you...That was not my intention.

Lysa

Last edited by callmeaflirt; 04-15-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:04 PM
BullishZ

Yes Ron. Please do not take any offense. I really don't understand why you are coming off the way you are. You have done a terrific job thus far with organizing meetings and showing your enthusiasm. By listening to members' suggestions, you will be doing a better job. Your "Follow me, or stay BEHIND" comment disturbs me. This IS a democracy, right???
Old 04-15-2004, 12:22 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by hfm
I really suggest that any further discussion on the subject be voiced at the next meet rather than on this thread.
I agree. Let's hold another club meeting where we can talk more freely.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Scafremon

>> we need a purpose (are we going to show, going to race, going to just hang out...you get the idea)

This can't be emphasized enough. Having a purpose.

You all do not need to have a 'club' just to get together for bbq's and beach fun. 350Z owners have been doing this since the first cars were delivered late 2002, without a need for a club name on a sticker.

Define a purpose, or multiple purposes, and then you have a reason to organize.

I'd recommend including a community-service type of purpose. Organize a beach-cleanup in conjunction with a beach bbq. Clean a city park while your cars take over the chunk of the parking lot. Clean up some graffiti, plant some trees, do a blood drive.

Now there are some good reasons to want to wave wildly at a fellow 350Z driver who is sporting the "Mr. Twisted's So Cal 350Z Car Club" sticker.

(Sorry Ron, couldn't resist that last comment)
Old 04-15-2004, 01:02 PM
callmeaflirt

"You all do not need to have a 'club' just to get together for bbq's and beach fun. 350Z owners have been doing this since the first cars were delivered late 2002, without a need for a club name on a sticker."

I agree....cars come and go, friends can last forever.... my last event, the Z COOKOUT wasn't necessarily a so cal 350z club event. I posted it in this forum, but more than just 350z owners came down..It was more of a day to relax, chill, eat and make some new friends...You dont need a "club" to hang out..Just my more $0.02.

Lysa
Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM
bobowah

definitely agree with all that has been said...

us "old timers" have been doing this long before the new batch of owners and there has been no need for a "club".

no need for a club unless you guys are going to be showing your cars alot or tracking your car, or drag racing.

I would say... there are other outlets for that.
TEAM Showoff, Garage Life, TEAM WANNABECOOL.

I'd say we all just hang out and kick it... and have good times.

Quick Reply: So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......