Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal 350 Z Club becomes a Private members only Club...Who's In

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Mr Twisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I give up . You put it on for meets to show unity and take it off after the event
like showoff stickers....... just too complicated.

This was intended it for the Motorsport meet to showcase the club but I guess thats off.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Elitemotion

your talking to the wrong crowd, this is a enthusist crowd, not a car show crowd, all the people you are looking for have been recruited by teams like mine, garage life, showcase, etc
Old 04-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my....I have definately missed some action here! WTF is going on? I leave on a business trip for 48hours and all hell breaks loose! I havent even began to read the "other post", but this is nuts!!

I hope the two sides can work something out....becuase I feel VERY strongly that there should be one great So Cal Club, that includes all members, and that contains a diverse group of leadership opinions, and hopefully respects the majority of the group's wishes.

Lets see where this goes. I love you all! And I won't take any sides!
Old 04-17-2004, 11:08 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Hey GQ...I leave for my trip tomorrow...be back Wednesday..hope the sides come together by then...hate to see this happening to a great group of people
Old 04-17-2004, 11:17 PM
AmyCroft

GQ - Good to see you today at Performance Nissan. Eric and I went back to Orange County and did Koni adjustments Ad Nasium. Did you get the ECU codes read out?

Oh yes, and this thread was about.. People having fun together.. Or
Was the thread about - How we Z people go about having fun together..

I forgot.. I'll be 60 in July - Hey give me a break.. Ha !

Come on People Now - Let's get together - Oh a 60's tune...

So Sorry !

Cheers Amer's -

Originally posted by gq_model_626
Oh my....I have definately missed some action here! WTF is going on? I leave on a business trip for 48hours and all hell breaks loose! I havent even began to read the "other post", but this is nuts!!

I hope the two sides can work something out....becuase I feel VERY strongly that there should be one great So Cal Club, that includes all members, and that contains a diverse group of leadership opinions, and hopefully respects the majority of the group's wishes.

Lets see where this goes. I love you all! And I won't take any sides!
Old 04-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by AmyCroft
GQ - Good to see you today at Performance Nissan. Eric and I went back to Orange County and did Koni adjustments Ad Nasium. Did you get the ECU codes read out?

Hey John, its always great to bump into you and the other board members.

Yes, I ended up buying a simple OBDII scanner and......surprise surprise....can you guess what the CEL was for??

I will give you three choices...

1) Running too rich
2) Running too rich
3) Running too rich

I reset it and it hasnt come back on yet. Oh well...guess I just have to put up with it. Not sure if its the RT cats, the 440 injectors, or the rich condition at WOT. During cruise conditions, I at a perfect 14.7:1 as indicated by my AEM Wideband. I think the CEL comes on after repeated WOT pulls...such as dyno pulls, since I am 11.5:1 at WOT.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:24 PM
SizongZ

I'm not hot about the members only club.
If I wanted something like that I would have joined a club a long time ago.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:45 PM
AmyCroft

Hey John, its always great to bump into you and the other board members.

Yes, I ended up buying a simple OBDII scanner and......surprise surprise....can you guess what the CEL was for??

I will give you three choices...
3) Running too rich

I reset it and it hasnt come back on yet. Oh well...guess I just have to put up with it. Not sure if its the RT cats, the 440 injectors, or the rich condition at WOT. During cruise conditions, I at a perfect 14.7:1 as indicated by my AEM Wideband. I think the CEL comes on after repeated WOT pulls...such as dyno pulls, since I am 11.5:1 at WOT.
------------

I'm thinking you have done your homework.. Yes I did read the issue with Rt cat's breaking down.. I like what you have done with the AEM Wideband..

I guess I'm a little Gun Shy on secondary Fuel Control... I'd like to think theorticaly that the primary ECU should be able ( given additional memory ) like a CF card.. To have additional maps for each and every posibility..

I have one ECU Memory extention concept.. But to be determined.

I'll blue sky it with you later.. It's getting late.. And I need a Bier ( Becks )

I hope my Mom and Dad stop fighting soon..

Manyana
Old 04-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The stock ECU is extremely advanced...it has a mind of its own....seriously.

The one thing I dislike about a reflash is that its a one time shot...for about $600 and then you are done. So each time I decide to increase/reduce the boost, I'd new a new reflash. It would be great if, as you mention, the stock ECU could be massaged into having a few user-changable maps, that would be cool. I just havent seen it done yet. Hmm.....do you know something I dont?
Old 04-18-2004, 01:37 AM
la300zxtt

The stock ECU is extremely advanced...it has a mind of its own....seriously.

The one thing I dislike about a reflash is that its a one time shot...for about $600 and then you are done. So each time I decide to increase/reduce the boost, I'd new a new reflash. It would be great if, as you mention, the stock ECU could be massaged into having a few user-changable maps, that would be cool. I just havent seen it done yet. Hmm.....do you know something I dont?
I would talk to techno square in torrence about your ECU as far as tunning goes. You could get a base map and then get an SAFC to help with that. Also I would highly recomend you invest in a PDA + OBD II scanner. I just finished custom mounting one in my friends car. And FYI rich at WOT isn't a bad thing depending on how the graph looks serves as cooling purpose not tryin to be a dick just some info from the other side. Also helps provent detnation/pinging. Just a thought...
Old 04-18-2004, 01:43 AM
la300zxtt

The reason I recomend the pda+obdII scanner is that its more helpful at the dealer if you have a good realation ship with them the codes the PDA's pull are the same ones the nissan consult will pull. Along with Dyno functions real time MPG monitoring of O2's and anything else the ECU monitors. Very helpful seeing as the new Nissan ECU's are absolutely amazing. The other reason your ecu is flipping out is that its getting confused because the readings its getting is outside of preset peramiters. Therefore I would predict some days your car runs crazy insane great and some days its just not as fast (taking weather into account of course) I think techno square makes a data port for the ECU so they can edit it anytime they want. They are fairly good about there prices. And they guy there is very very knowladgeable. Good luck and if you have any specific questions that I might help you with hit me up on aim or my cell

AIM: TJMCCLEARIN
Cell: 310-920-8329
Old 04-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Mr Twisted

This was a bad idea. I'll be doing my own thing.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:30 PM
ZRAYGO

dam
Old 04-18-2004, 11:56 PM
columbian frldy

Im new, but I'm in for sure..
Old 04-19-2004, 07:58 AM
neocypher
Banned

I'm a new Z owner and was enthusiastic about meeting other Z owners. My main goal by visiting the forums was to meet others with the same enthusiasm as myself and learning more about my car. Regardless of the outcome of this socal club thing, I'm still looking to meet other people. It need not be a club thing, I have no need to be a part of a "gang". As far as I am concerned I lice in Southern California and I own a Z. Don't really need a label to prove that nor do I need friends to wear a sticker proving their loyalty. I don't need to be the boss of anyone nor do I need to be bossed. So please aside from the disagreements ... please let's enjoy our ride! ... hey wasn't that one of Nissan's marketing ploys back in the 90's ... "enjoy the ride" ?????
Old 04-19-2004, 11:39 PM
AmyCroft

Default 80's We are Driven

We are Driven

Then Enjoy the Ride..

Replace with the 350Z

Replace the tires..

Ha !
Old 04-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

...perhaps...

we need to leave the drama... back in high school

we're all adults. no need to nit pick or have qualms over silly issues. we're all Z enthusiasts. leave it at that.