Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

The BehinderZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 08:26 PM
zman23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my Z

I have made some great friends, but am not taking sides, that f&^%in' rediculous!! All I've ever wanted was to enjoy my ride with other fellow Z owners. All this politics crap is for the birds. I'm not ruling out anybody as an outsider on this forum at all an never will. I want to have fun on the runs and meets like we all did when we first got our Z's. It can still be that way with or without a club, its the owners and there friends that make up this great time we have every so often that makes driving our hot rods so much fun!!! Ok, can't wait for Latigo!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:04 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well put Jon, I couldnt agree more! See you Sunday!
Old 04-16-2004, 11:34 PM
jeffa

Holy crap!!!

I get busy for a few days, and the whole So Cal board goes to crap!

I have read all the threads, and I am amazed, distressed and confused about this situation. I debated if I should post a comment on this. Was it worth it? Should I just be the silent minority/majority and just lurk until this issue is solved? NO I WILL NOT! I will express my feelings on this issue right here!

My take on the situation is this:
I have been on the So Cal My 350z.com boards since November of 2002. I hung out here because of the Z, and I met a lot of great people and participated in a lot of great events, organized by a GROUP of people with similar ideas and one GREAT car. We met because of our cars, but hung together because we became friends. Yes, the Z has a lot to do with it, but the last few meets have been about people/friends first, and the Z's just make it that much better.

I do not want to be forced into a "private club" to continue to do the things that we do the way we do them now, nor do I want to have to make an "Us or Them" decision. Remember it started out to be about a group of people getting to gether to have FUN.

If I choose to go to a car show, to a track event, or to a run, I will post that intent on this board. If others want to join in, that's great. If others have suggestions on how to make this event better, let the group who will be attending decide if it works, and the group will accept or reject the suggestion. This type of give and take will make the event work for all who attend.

Once upon a time, in a past life, I started one of the largest (and still in existance) So Cal Firebird/Camaro "clubs" on the 'net. It is still in existance today, 7 years later. Why? because it started like the SoCal 350Z club did. Car meets, runs, picnics, social get-togethers. We agreed at the beginning that there would be no officers, no dues, no formal board of directors. I guess that format has worked all this time, they still do not have any formal "club", and they are still going strong.

So, having said this, I will hang with those I feel the most comfortable with, that being the behinders. You don't need a president, dues, a board of directors and club by-laws to set up a get togther to have a good time with good friends (which I consider all of you on this So Cal board to be my and Jane's friends).

I may attend some of Ron's functions, what ever thay may be...unless (this is a BIG unless) he decides to block those who are not 100 percent affiliated with his "private club" If that be the case, then I think that he will have done a great disservice to those of us who have been here from the beginning.

So, in closing, all I can say is....long live the behinders! Long live dissent and democracy!

Now lets plan the next get together...
Old 04-16-2004, 11:44 PM
LaoSiFu

I guess I have always been a behinderZ from day one.

Bleh, when are we going to have a dim sum meet?

For those who doesn't know what is dim sum
Dim Sum
Old 04-17-2004, 06:24 AM
350Now

Parking on most of the Dim Sum places are iffy.. any suggestion where?
Old 04-17-2004, 06:26 AM
kbirdsong

Originally posted by jeffa
Holy crap!!!

I get busy for a few days, and the whole So Cal board goes to crap!

I have read all the threads, and I am amazed, distressed and confused about this situation. I debated if I should post a comment on this. Was it worth it? Should I just be the silent minority/majority and just lurk until this issue is solved? NO I WILL NOT! I will express my feelings on this issue right here!

My take on the situation is this:
I have been on the So Cal My 350z.com boards since November of 2002. I hung out here because of the Z, and I met a lot of great people and participated in a lot of great events, organized by a GROUP of people with similar ideas and one GREAT car. We met because of our cars, but hung together because we became friends. Yes, the Z has a lot to do with it, but the last few meets have been about people/friends first, and the Z's just make it that much better.

I do not want to be forced into a "private club" to continue to do the things that we do the way we do them now, nor do I want to have to make an "Us or Them" decision. Remember it started out to be about a group of people getting to gether to have FUN.

If I choose to go to a car show, to a track event, or to a run, I will post that intent on this board. If others want to join in, that's great. If others have suggestions on how to make this event better, let the group who will be attending decide if it works, and the group will accept or reject the suggestion. This type of give and take will make the event work for all who attend.

Once upon a time, in a past life, I started one of the largest (and still in existance) So Cal Firebird/Camaro "clubs" on the 'net. It is still in existance today, 7 years later. Why? because it started like the SoCal 350Z club did. Car meets, runs, picnics, social get-togethers. We agreed at the beginning that there would be no officers, no dues, no formal board of directors. I guess that format has worked all this time, they still do not have any formal "club", and they are still going strong.

So, having said this, I will hang with those I feel the most comfortable with, that being the behinders. You don't need a president, dues, a board of directors and club by-laws to set up a get togther to have a good time with good friends (which I consider all of you on this So Cal board to be my and Jane's friends).

I may attend some of Ron's functions, what ever thay may be...unless (this is a BIG unless) he decides to block those who are not 100 percent affiliated with his "private club" If that be the case, then I think that he will have done a great disservice to those of us who have been here from the beginning.

So, in closing, all I can say is....long live the behinders! Long live dissent and democracy!

Now lets plan the next get together...
I could not agree with these comments more. Most of us spend the majority of lives working in the "drama" of the business world. Our time away from that is meant to be down time, time to relax, have fun, meet new people and make new friends. Since moving down to this area Robin and I have looked for a group that felt as we did, live and let live. I think we now have. I can see from the comments of the people on this thread that i will enjoy being able to spend time with them. I look forward to meeting you all.

Keith
Old 04-17-2004, 07:48 AM
BJF2K

Originally posted by Splurt
All I ever wanted was to just hang out and go to fun drives and just chill. I hate how everything has turned because I find both sides to be good friends to me. I'm gonna be neutral on club division, but I'll definately come and hang out if i'm allowed. take it ez all
same here!
Old 04-17-2004, 07:52 AM
TOM JONES

Well said jeff, we have been running together now for over 1 1/2 years and you are my friend as are many of the old and new crew, it seems that everytime we get together we add new ones, lets keep it that way. sorry to see you wont make it this weekend but theres next week. behindersZ rules
Old 04-18-2004, 10:29 AM
BullishZ

Guys... I've been in NY, and am still here. Too bad a single (one) individual had to cause all this shiats.

I am a dissenter by Mr. Twisted's words... so you KNOW I belong here fo shizzle! I am with you guys. F*ck the politics and f*ck the power trippers. Just have fun, and don't be such a drama queen.

'Nuff said.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:39 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I love my Z

Originally posted by zman23
I have made some great friends, but am not taking sides, that f&^%in' rediculous!! All I've ever wanted was to enjoy my ride with other fellow Z owners. All this politics crap is for the birds. I'm not ruling out anybody as an outsider on this forum at all an never will. I want to have fun on the runs and meets like we all did when we first got our Z's. It can still be that way with or without a club, its the owners and there friends that make up this great time we have every so often that makes driving our hot rods so much fun!!! Ok, can't wait for Latigo!!!!!!!!
agree 100%
Old 04-18-2004, 04:01 PM
the O.Z.

Default i'm in

please let me know how to get involved!!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:26 AM
EL Diablo

Man didnt notice this Thread with the Title, hehe

Most who know me know how I feel.
I am always in to hang with my fellow Z Brothers and sisters.

Thats all I really care about.

Yesterdays meet showed what we are all about.

I hope we can put this behind us and ALL unite as a group of friends and not worry about the responsilities and politics of an organization structured like a business brings. After all driving my Z is my get away from the real business world.

Oh yeah I do have one complaint
We don’t hang enough

A picture is worth a thousand words!
Attached Thumbnails The BehinderZ-zfriends.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by EL Diablo
Man didnt notice this Thread with the Title, hehe

Most who know me know how I feel.
I am always in to hang with my fellow Z Brothers and sisters.

Thats all I really care about.

Yesterdays meet showed what we are all about.

I hope we can put this behind us and ALL unite as a group of friends and not worry about the responsilities and politics of an organization structured like a business brings. After all driving my Z is my get away from the real business world.

Oh yeah I do have one complaint
We don’t hang enough

A picture is worth a thousand words!
Ya Clint, my complaint too. We all don't hang out often enough....I think you guyZ are awesome! I luv you mannnnn! Yesterday was kick a**! Latigo was AWESOME! I wanna go back, or find another run just as great. After Latigo, I LOVE my "baby" even more. Man, this car ROCKS! C ya all soon,
Jen
Old 04-19-2004, 09:35 AM
iLLestJrz

Hahahaha... this is cool. BehinderZ! I feel like Ponyboy or something. LOL!!!
I also think we should hang out more often. Its so awesome to chill out and have fun and get away from it all. I had such a good time @ Latigo's.

Hey sorry Dan I had to split early yesterday, I owe you a beer now!
Old 04-19-2004, 12:56 PM
350Now

I missed this one and would love to hang out anytime.. let me know when and where..
Old 04-19-2004, 01:05 PM
nimnix

Do you have to have a Z to join in the fun? Or is a Gcoupe close enough LOL
Old 04-19-2004, 01:16 PM
callmeaflirt

Hey nimnix,
I dont have a Z and i'm ALWAYS joining in on the fun... So feel free..the more the merrier....Its better that way

Lysa
Old 04-19-2004, 01:29 PM
nimnix

LOL.. of course, you're always organizing Z meets, so it's usually other people joining in on your fun

Maybe I can live vicariously through alphastorm's Z
Old 04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
callmeaflirt

Thats how I live...
Vicariously thru Kash's Z

(Its cheaper to me than actually BUYING one...I own a Durango, and its paid off..I would LOVE to get a Z, but I would NOT love another car payment!)

So yea, you're always welcome to join in on the fun (mine or any other "event planner's" fun)

Lysa
Old 04-19-2004, 02:49 PM
nimnix

LOL.. Well, someone's gotta have the big car to carry all the stuff, especially if you keep bringing party favors (btw, we loved the little model car... it's so perfect )