Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 06:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BrImSt0ne
NO YOU DIDNT GET EVERYONE'S CAR . I wasnt at kmart, why weren't any pics taken at D&B's? Is this racial?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:18 AM
JimRHIT

kit ....

cancel the axis mods ....

these babies have more bling than you'll ever need

plus, they are not all that heavy and you wont have to roll the fenders

not 100% sure they'll clear the stoptechs though

Glad I wasnt at Kmart ... don't like seeing pics of my mangled bumper posted up on here

Tre, you can't get any more pics of your car up until you get some sick rims .... that wing needs wheels you see
Old 09-08-2004, 08:30 AM
JimRHIT

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=90093

link here
oops
Old 09-08-2004, 10:04 AM
jwkirkland

Originally posted by JimRHIT

Glad I wasnt at Kmart ... don't like seeing pics of my mangled bumper posted up on here
We could always use photoshop

Last edited by jwkirkland; 09-08-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
ZanDiego

Hey Ernie, you'll have to stay a little longer next time and talk more shop. I'm going to replace the amps with a set of Phoenix Gold Titanium amps I have and possibly the subs with some Kicker Solobarics L7's...very loud. Yeah Jim, the Axis mods will have to go after knowing now what this car is all about. I'm researching every thread I can find on F/I and I'm still satisfied that the HKS super charger will do the trick. For reliability with stock internals and normal street driving, the HKS is more than adequate. With 290 RWHP and at least 80 more from the HKS, 370+ HP will put me where I want to be.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
BrImSt0ne

kit ....

cancel the axis mods ....

these babies have more bling than you'll ever need

plus, they are not all that heavy and you wont have to roll the fenders

not 100% sure they'll clear the stoptechs though

Tre, you can't get any more pics of your car up until you get some sick rims .... that wing needs wheels you see
Wheels will come next month if i get any. in the process of buying the vizage side skirts right now.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:18 AM
bigern1970

Originally posted by ZanDiego
Hey Ernie, you'll have to stay a little longer next time and talk more shop. I'm going to replace the amps with a set of Phoenix Gold Titanium amps I have and possibly the subs with some Kicker Solobarics L7's...very loud. Yeah Jim, the Axis mods will have to go after knowing now what this car is all about. I'm researching every thread I can find on F/I and I'm still satisfied that the HKS super charger will do the trick. For reliability with stock internals and normal street driving, the HKS is more than adequate. With 290 RWHP and at least 80 more from the HKS, 370+ HP will put me where I want to be.
Yeah I will stay longer next time......there is a guy by southwestern college has a brand new vortech he is selling for 4klocal pick up. I think his SN is importriders, Do you guys think the axis mods are to bling .....these are 20's with eibach springs
Attached Thumbnails San Diego GTGs.....-eibach-front.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
bigern1970

Default ?

Originally posted by bigern1970
Yeah I will stay longer next time......there is a guy by southwestern college has a brand new vortech he is selling for 4klocal pick up. I think his SN is importriders, Do you guys think the axis mods are to bling .....these are 20's with eibach springs

I KNOW! bigger brakes and rotors.........lol
Old 09-08-2004, 11:25 AM
jwkirkland

I like the 20's!

After our group discussion at D&B last night, 20's may not be for everyone. Kit's mods may not work very well with the bling but I really like the look.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:34 AM
MIAPLAYA

You might also want to check out the Turbonetics kit. I talked to the guy up there today...Brad....hes a pretty cool guy. Their kit put down 409 at 8 PSI with just that kit!!Their stuff sounds like its going to be REAL com-plete too. I'm cruising up there next Friday to check it out on the Z. I'll take some pics and post
Old 09-08-2004, 12:09 PM
JimRHIT

Kit,

I got a better idea for subs than Kicker L7s. How does Eclipse Titaniums sounds .... I can get "them", without the logo or anything for a very nice price. They would have a spun aluminum cone ... tons of SPL and great sound quality as well. Plus ... they look a lot nicer than the nasty assss kickers

-jim (i just hate kicker)
Old 09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
MIAPLAYA

Kit,

I got a better idea for subs than Kicker L7s. How does Eclipse Titaniums sounds .... I can get "them", without the logo or anything for a very nice price. They would have a spun aluminum cone ... tons of SPL and great sound quality as well. Plus ... they look a lot nicer than the nasty assss kickers

-jim (i just hate kicker)
How much cuz I want one for my truck
Old 09-08-2004, 12:23 PM
JimRHIT

Well ... what's retail? ~$600+ .. ... and Jim's usual discount is 70% .... sooo
Old 09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
MIAPLAYA

Well ... what's retail? ~$600+ .. ... and Jim's usual discount is 70% .... sooo
damn at $600 even that makes it 180. i really want the aluminum but **** for the price why not get the Ti
Old 09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
ZanDiego

Thanks for the offer Jim. How big are they? I'll have to take a look. I have the Kicker's from my last system left over and still practically new. I like to recycle when I can.

Ernie, regarding the Axis Mod 7's. I love them. In fact, those were the rims I had ordered up in L.A. and they are getting chromed now as we speak. They are a staggered setup (20x9 & 20x10). I was going to put them on the Brickyard Z that I'm now selling. Since I already have the rims ordered in chrome...and you seem to like them...how about a decent offer and they're yours.

Mia, thanks for the info on the Turbonetics kit. I just checked out their website http://www.turboneticsinc.com/index.html and didn't see too much info for the Z yet. At this point I'm pretty set on the supercharger. It costs a little more but I like what I've read about the system so far.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:50 PM
JimRHIT

I'll take some pics of some that I have laying around the house tonight ... hell I bring one by next week for the meet

Im trying to dig up the tsps on it ... ill post back laterwith more info

you can always sell the Kickers ... or we can make wifey a kickassss setup for the caddy
Old 09-08-2004, 12:58 PM
jwkirkland

Jim, I might need your expert opinion on setting up the roadster with some good sound.... LOL
Old 09-08-2004, 01:16 PM
MIAPLAYA

Thanks for the offer Jim. How big are they? I'll have to take a look. I have the Kicker's from my last system left over and still practically new. I like to recycle when I can.

Ernie, regarding the Axis Mod 7's. I love them. In fact, those were the rims I had ordered up in L.A. and they are getting chromed now as we speak. They are a staggered setup (20x9 & 20x10). I was going to put them on the Brickyard Z that I'm now selling. Since I already have the rims ordered in chrome...and you seem to like them...how about a decent offer and they're yours.

Mia, thanks for the info on the Turbonetics kit. I just checked out their website http://www.turboneticsinc.com/index.html and didn't see too much info for the Z yet. At this point I'm pretty set on the supercharger. It costs a little more but I like what I've read about the system so far.
Yeah they dont have too much on their webpage right now cuz unlike other companies they dont hype the hell out of it until its running reliably. I'm going up there next Friday to take pics of it on the car, check out their facility, and possibly drive it on their z. The guy Brad is REALLY cool. i know the HKS supercharger is nice but after talking to brad a little bit about their kit you might want to hold off until they release theirs. Their kit is essentially done. They are making the jigs for production now and the kit I will be seeing/driving is the produciton version. plus they plan on pricing it around $5000. Thats complete kit, Turbo, FMIC, injectors, piping, etc, etc. Oh and their tuning solution is VERY top notch. There is a pic of it in the F/I forum in the engine/drivetrain forum. Hey if you aint busy next Friday you can roll with me. You are more likely to buy the kit before i will so maybe you want to take a ride and see what you think. Right now they are putting down 409 HP to the wheels at 8 PSI on an otherwise stock motor.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

Pic of the turbonetics setup..
Attached Thumbnails San Diego GTGs.....-350zfront200kb.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 01:24 PM
erock

409 rwhp... mmmmmm, that's giving me a chub.

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....