Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 02:02 PM
protocav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEEEEE HAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
THE FIRST PERSON TO PAGE 127!!!!

I RULE!!!!!

sequential turbo systems reduce lag, since the small turbo helps spin up the big turbo. however, the small turbo is typically at the surge limit when the car is near redline.

tractor pullers run a sequential system, because they can't get the boost that they want out of 1 turbo (typically 150psi). it goes from 1 turbo to the next, and so fourth, to build boost. only the first turbo is sucking in ambient air, the rest are all pressurized.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:04 PM
MIAPLAYA

Right I'd like to ride in a car setup for that. I read an article of an RB26 powered Skyline doing this a long time ago. I think it'd be fun to go for a run in that. But it would have to be worth it. Like a T3 or T3/T4 Turbonetics ball bearing turbo spooling up one of their Y2K or Thumper turbos...Good God...can you say "I need a clean pair of shorts"...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:06 PM
JimRHIT

A suggestion ... go to preferences and change the # of post/page to the highest setting.

It makes it easier to read through threads like this as you are not always changing pages. This thread just turned to 51 pages for me.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by JimRHIT
A suggestion ... go to preferences and change the # of post/page to the highest setting.

It makes it easier to read through threads like this as you are not always changing pages. This thread just turned to 51 pages for me.

Thats what I think of your settings..
Old 01-13-2005, 02:17 PM
protocav

i like how he even shakes it off when he is done. i never watched it long enough to notice before.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

yeah its pretty funny
Old 01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
JimRHIT

notice only two shakes .... any more than that and you're playing with it
Old 01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BrImSt0ne
hey can anyone find me a pic of 18" G35 wheels on a black z? none in the gallery.
Tre, you can buy mine and see how it looks
Fred
Old 01-16-2005, 11:17 AM
cyberz350

Hey guys, what up. Not sure if I'll ever be able to hit up the fuzion meets anymore I moved in with my girl up in Irvine. Gotta find a jobby job. Plus I'm going to Philippines for a month, can anyone baby-Zit, hahahaha. I still got family in S.D. so I'll try to hit it up sometime. Anyhoo, I'm selling my nitrous kit guys, so spread the word for me and keep an ear open yea. Till then, peace.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Mr Enzo

Help! I was on my way home from dinner last night...was in Mission Valley on Camino De La Reina right before the Chevron station (right lane) when I hit a pothole. I thought, ouch, that was a pretty harsh pothole....needless to say, about a half second later my tire blew out...fortunately I was right there by the gas station...when I checked it out sure enough it was blown (sidewall) and to top it off my rim was bent....I need to know where to go to get my rim straightened....thanks in advance for the help....

riding on the awesome looking spare......

also I already called the city to put in my claim....if nobody has done this before...here is the number to city claims 619-236-6670 (San Diego) just call and they will send you a claims form. We will see how painful or painless this is going to be.....
Old 01-18-2005, 08:49 AM
JimRHIT

painFUL .... if it was on stock rims/stock suspension ... you would be just fine(at least have a case) .... but low-pro tires and springs (don't know if you changed yet) will throw this one right out the window...the city's lovely loophole out

Good luck with it though :-/ .. sorry to hear about it man
Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 AM
protocav

that really sucks. i am sorry.

please come drown your sorrows in boba and fried asian food tonight.

dinner is on jim.

Chad
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Mr Enzo

painFUL .... if it was on stock rims/stock suspension ... you would be just fine(at least have a case) .... but low-pro tires and springs (don't know if you changed yet) will throw this one right out the window...the city's lovely loophole out

Good luck with it though :-/ .. sorry to hear about it man

No springs yet....but we will see if they will honor the claim with the low pros....
Old 01-18-2005, 08:57 AM
JimRHIT

like chad said,
there is nothing like a grease soaked meal, a drink full of strange black pellets, and some friends to help to get over your lost wheel

and no ... dinner is not on me, nor may you eat it off of me if that was the strange underlying implication there....you sicko lol

On a more serious note.

What tire pressure were you running?
I had mine at 29 (for comfort) ... but stepped it up to 36 after Chad's recommendation to protect the wheels.

Also .. what type of tire and what size ?

Last edited by JimRHIT; 01-18-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:01 AM
MIAPLAYA

That sucks bro. Well if the city doesn't cover it I would gladly go with you to city hall to defecate on the front door. BTW I talked to Brad and my car will done earliest Friday latest next Monday..
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Mr Enzo

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
That sucks bro. Well if the city doesn't cover it I would gladly go with you to city hall to defecate on the front door. BTW I talked to Brad and my car will done earliest Friday latest next Monday..
Can't wait to see and feel the car....although just when I think I am going to go for looks on my car....I watch The Fast and the Furious...and then you go and tell me that you are getting your car back soon....what am I to do????? Who knows....

BTW thanks for the offer to go and defacate on the city hall front door...SD Z and G guys sticking together...I think I feel a tear coming to my eye.....
Old 01-18-2005, 09:12 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Mr Enzo
Can't wait to see and feel the car....although just when I think I am going to go for looks on my car....I watch The Fast and the Furious...and then you go and tell me that you are getting your car back soon....what am I to do????? Who knows....

BTW thanks for the offer to go and defacate on the city hall front door...SD Z and G guys sticking together...I think I feel a tear coming to my eye.....
I think I feel a turtle head poking so let me know sooner rather then later..
Old 01-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Mr Enzo

like chad said,
there is nothing like a grease soaked meal, a drink full of strange black pellets, and some friends to help to get over your lost wheel

and no ... dinner is not on me, nor may you eat it off of me if that was the strange underlying implication there....you sicko lol

On a more serious note.

What tire pressure were you running?
I had mine at 29 (for comfort) ... but stepped it up to 36 after Chad's recommendation to protect the wheels.

Also .. what type of tire and what size ?
You have obviously been hanging out with Josh too much with that dinner comment....j/k....

Tire pressure cold was 32 psi...I have to admit I always felt like it was a little low....might have saved the tire if I had known that...probably would have still bent the rim though....going to call a place here in SD to see about straigtening...

As far as tire size and type: Goodyear F1 run flats 245/35/19

Last edited by Mr Enzo; 01-18-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Mr Enzo

Old 01-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Mr Enzo

You better go ahead and go...because if I have to wait as long as the city did to get the new stadium for me to get a response, you might not be feeling too good....or smelling too good....

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....