Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Bad Day at Blackrock - Ouch

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 06:56 PM
ZRACING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

geezzzzz

were u speeding Amy????
Old 08-09-2004, 07:22 PM
maximadave

Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:01 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save those leather seats John! And the one intact plate.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys for the kind responses from the 3FiveZeroZ members and of course the SoCal 350z club. I knew we would come together at a time like this. John is the nicest person and I for one would do anything to help him.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:52 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by peterhong
If the accident did happen in this manner, I am sorry to hear for your loss cause totaled or not, liability will be placed on your car and you probably wont be reimbursed.

If he has comprehensive coverage on his car, it doesn't matter if he's at fault or not. He's covered either way. If it's your fault, your insurance pays for everything. If the other person is at fault, their insurance pays for everything. (Assuming they have insurance.)

I wrecked my Toyota Tacoma pickup years ago. My fault. I did $7k damage to my truck, and totalled the car I hit. My insurance covered it all with no questions.

I guess the real question is who's insurance will pay, since there was a 3rd party driving the Z. Will this 3rd party's insurance pay? (Not sure how that works.)
Old 08-09-2004, 10:53 PM
BJF2K

sorry to see that...
Old 08-09-2004, 11:47 PM
s9am_me

posting from NorCal....

sorry to hear that. i hate seeing totaled Z's. hope everything goes smoothly with insurance. and i'm glad every1 is ok
Old 08-10-2004, 12:32 AM
fisherprice

wow I thought running over a curb was bad. Sorry to hear about your ride.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:13 AM
Bait-Fish

That looks like a total to me judging from my own experience. Sorry to hear. I hope it works out for you. Stay on top of your insurance company. I called every week just to make sure things were moving along but not be a pest and they still drug their feet, nearly letting the car go into lein-sale, close to 30 days at the tow's impound lot. Once it got to a body shop and they did a teardown, the tally quickly added up to >$32k, more than the initial outside appraiser's $21k estimate. You may want to check out http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/ to see how your insurer tends to treat their insured.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Wedge

John, What a heartbreaker! What's done is done......no one was seriously injured thankfully........so the task at hand is to deal with the insurance company and work things to the end result that you want.

Your generosity in trusting your car to someone else is just one of those Pittsburgh things that a lot of people won't understand. Oh well, such is life. Things happen.

Hang in there John.........this too shall pass.

A fellow Pittsburgher,
Dean
Old 08-10-2004, 09:59 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like Frenzee said, you may want to hang on to that license plate!

Originally posted by ZRACING
geezzzzz

were u speeding Amy????
For those who have not read the thread carefully, John (Amy) was NOT driving the car.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:02 AM
G35to350Z-12

Default Sorry for your accident

Want to add my sympathies in your recent accident.

Glad no one was injured.

Keep us posted on how things are resolved, insurance-wise.

Jeff D.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:35 AM
jreiter

Originally posted by Wedge
Your generosity in trusting your car to someone else is just one of those Pittsburgh things that a lot of people won't understand. Oh well, such is life.

Nah, people all over the world trust their cars to others on a regular basis. I regularly let my girlfriend drive my car, as well as any friends that ask. Heck, I let my friend Rob get sideways in it. (But he's a better driver than me, so I'm okay with that.)
Old 08-10-2004, 11:44 AM
ZuprCar

Originally posted by jreiter
Nah, people all over the world trust their cars to others on a regular basis. I regularly let my girlfriend drive my car, as well as any friends that ask. Heck, I let my friend Rob get sideways in it. (But he's a better driver than me, so I'm okay with that.)
It's a risk that's not worth it. I learned that when my ex totalled my Supra. Nobody but my boyfriend drives my cars now, and only because he's also insured on them.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:02 PM
iLLestJrz

wOW ... I'm sure everything will be okay and replaced. Just remain optimistic.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:12 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by ZuprCar
It's a risk that's not worth it. I learned that when my ex totalled my Supra. Nobody but my boyfriend drives my cars now, and only because he's also insured on them.
Well, to an extent I agree, but also disagree. If the person is someone I trust driving then I will let them drive. I will, however, ask them to be careful. On the other hand, if someone wants to drive my car that I don't feel is trustworthy, then I won't let them.

One of the big circumstances, which I'm sure we can all relate to, is during long road trips. I don't want to be the person driving the entire 1000 miles. That being the case, I will almost *require* the other person to take a turn driving at some point.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:55 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Traffice accidents could happen to anyone. Unless intentionally done, it is nobody's fault. If anything, the blame should fall on the person holding the steering wheel of someone else's car... and not on John. Let's not blame John for being generous and trusting. Generousity comes from his great character.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Mr Twisted

$$$t Happens guys, theres no reason to believe the other driver was being unsafe after all 350 Now was in the passenger seat, lets not jump to conclusions. What done is done. The important think is we all hope John gets a new car out of this, with the minimal expense and hassles.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
$$$t Happens guys, theres no reason to believe the other driver was being unsafe after all 350 Now was in the passenger seat, lets not jump to conclusions. What done is done. The important think is we all hope John gets a new car out of this, with the minimal expense and hassles.

Ya, but how do you wind up into on coming traffic if you're a cautious and carful driver????? Especially driving somebody's elses car? When you are borring someone elses car, you should be EVEN more careful, cautious and responsible than you are with your own.

That being said, John is just a sweetheart.....I suggest not being so nice to others with the next Z!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:20 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

OH MY GOD

Just saw this thread...So very sorry John....thank God everyone walked away OK...yell if there is anything at all I can do for you.

Quick Reply: Bad Day at Blackrock - Ouch