Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Bad Day at Blackrock - Ouch

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:55 PM
AmyCroft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Bad Day at Blackrock - Ouch

The sun broke the La Mirada day like a Samuri Short Sword.

Early that morning.. A classic Touring SC..

Then a freak accident...

Cell Phone call.. 350Now - we have been in an accident two blocks away..

Both Air bags deployed.. No one seriously hurt...

Thank Goodness...

This morning I was worried about the "Bird Sh*t" on the hood.

Blazers only look tough.. Thier Air Bags did not deploy..

I'm glad I was not driving..

Survivability in a 350Z is excellent..

Richard - the Engine is now Transverse off 15 Degrees from normal, Frame Railes are bent - Is this a Total? I'll fight for a
total... Could not trust a rebuild after this..

While waiting for the tow truck.. More pic's

Blazer punctured..

Right Fender intact...

Both Air Bags Deployed..

The upper crack was something from the Blazer impacting..

Driver door was not dinged by crash - dinged by Tow Truck operator.. Hummm...

The whole in hood was from a part from the Blazer.. ? Don't know.

What can you say.... Machines can be replaced... Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Not Real Happy - Amy -
Old 08-08-2004, 10:13 PM
350Now

Amy, (John)

Hope all will be replaced. If you need anything from me please don't hesitate to give me a call. I'm pretty sore from the passenger seat belt (feels like someone took a small sledgehammer to my chest). But I should be okay. Glad that no-one was seriously hurt on this. I notice on one of your pic you can see there is only 1 skidmark from the front tire. Still puzzled and trying to piece this together but may never know.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah what a day today John. My heart dropped as 350Now called Tony it was like a total shock. We thought it was a joke but as we went to the scene we relized this in fact was real. I hope to see you in a Z and glad no one was hurt. I emailed sharif and he too was shocked as I emailed him pics. If indeed this was mechanical failure thank god it was on surface streets rather on the highway. We may have to wait if it was a mechanical failure or what but I know everything will be fine and all the SoCal and 3fiveZeroZ crew is by your side. I speak for many that will discover the bad news......

Last edited by skar 718; 08-08-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Egbert Souse

It will be fine. 350Z can take a hard hit and recover with no after effects. Take my word, as I have been through it more times than I care to count.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:09 PM
peterhong

I'm glad to hear that nobody was hurt in that accident and everybody walked away from it. One quick question though, how did the accident happen?? Cause it looks like the Blazer is in the lane he/she is supposed to be in but the Z is not. Also no damage to the rear of the car so it doesn't look like the Z was rear ended into oncoming traffic.

I have seen so many pictures of the Z involved in accidents and I must say that in most of the accidents, all passengers of the Z walk away from the accident, BUT the Z gets wrecked and the other car has significantly less damage. Sorry to stray off topic, but once again, I am glad to see that nobody was seriously hurt.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:19 AM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there AmyCroft,

Really sorry for your loss. I still remember that day at the Krispy Kreme meet. Your car was lookin sexy and that cool computer gizmo you hooked up was pretty crazy too. Just to refresh your memory I was that Asian kid with the Z that parked on the far end next to the tricked out Black Z. Hope you'll be driving a Z again soon. Good Luck.

Kevin
Old 08-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I am soooo sorryy John. Hopefully you'll get a new car out of this. In my humble opinion, tha car is totalled, since you mentioned the engine was twisted and the frame looks damaged on that side.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Mr Twisted

Tell me it's a bad dream! Got he call from Tony's .... Total shock and disbelief It could have been eazily The Twisted Z or Tony's car that morning. I'm so glad no one was hurt baddly... Let me know if theres anythink I can do for you guys....
I can't imagin how the driver of your car must feel........... Hope everthing goes well with the Insurance companies involved and you get a shiny new yellow 05 out of this.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:17 AM
etx

So you went into the oncoming lane and got it?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Mr Twisted

So lets get this streight Amy Croft was not driving. 350 Now was the Co Pilot Amy (Jon) lent his modded car to a newbie Z owner (to be left un-named) to test drive as so many of us So Cal 350 Club do.... The So Cal group have the most Hi Tech Z's on the planet, Just ask GQ .. I greave for the lost of a Z any Z........
Old 08-09-2004, 08:03 AM
julian

looks like the z tried to go around the RH corner too fast and nailed the truck. shame on the driver if that's truly what happened. you don't screw around with other people's cars, especially ones nice enough to trust you with it.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:36 AM
peterhong

I couldn't figure out how the crash happened, but judging by the comments and pictures above, it seems as if the driver of the Z took the right turn too hard and went into oncoming traffic.

350now -- if you were wondering about the one skid mark from the front tire, it is probably due to the VDC kicking in on the extreme right turn trying to compensate (hence the one skid mark from one tire only).

If the accident did happen in this manner, I am sorry to hear for your loss cause totaled or not, liability will be placed on your car and you probably wont be reimbursed.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:27 AM
eazy

where is the picture
Old 08-09-2004, 12:00 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Sorry

John,

I am SOOO sorry to see these pictures. They are sickening! I have read through the entire post and still don't quite understand what happened. You lent your "modded" Z to some newbie driver and he crashed it? Did you add some new mods recently?

How did the crash happen, exactly? From the pics it looks like the driver of your car lost control?

-Chris
Old 08-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!!

That's awful....yes, glad to hear nobody was hurt.

John is a sweetheart, and that is why he lent his Z to a neebie. I am NOT that nice....neebie or not! Nobody's driving my Z!

Since it looks like it's the neebie fault, will his insurance cover the car??? How does your insurance system work here...? At home we have no fault insurance, so regardless of who's fault it was, the insurance companies cover everything.

We all love you John, and we all feel for you! Hope you get Puz Z II soon.....
Old 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
hfm

Ouch. That looks horrible, it's probably a total if you have engine and frame damage. Not many body shops will redo a bent frame.

PM me if you need an attorney referral to deal with the insurance company, for medical or to deal with the other driver.

Sorry John.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:43 PM
LATEZ

SORRY TO HEAR
GLAD EVERYONE IS O.K.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:08 PM
BoostTed

John, sorry to see this happen. I just say you on saturday too! I know how you feel, mine was in an accident when it was 2 weeks old. I hope it all works out for the best for you. Bright side it now you have an excuse to drive that pristine 280zx in your driveway.

PS John next time I'm in the area your bowl of Pho is on me.

Last edited by BoostTed; 08-09-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:52 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John,

I am so sorry to see/ hear what had happened. It was very unfortunate. But I am very glad that no one was hurt. I hope everything works out with the insurance. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:17 PM
noel

Hey John,Sorry for what happened.I know how u feel man...Way back 1990.t'was w/ my 1 month old Audi quattro coupe,fell all the way down about 30 feet @ griffit park...loved that car sooo much,but hey,the reality is ....it's just a car..this is actually my 2nd life.i was sooo freaking lucky..It can be replaced.that's a very good news that u guys are fine...i guess ur gonna have to use one of ur Z collections...take care John & i'll see u around..cheers,noel

Quick Reply: Bad Day at Blackrock - Ouch