Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I told you guys my car hated me (crash + photos)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
la300zxtt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I told you guys my car hated me (crash + photos)

While exiting the 10 freeway west bound Lincoln Blvd exit in the number 1 Lane taxi cab in the number 2 lane proceeded to accelrate and switch lanes in front of me at the peak of an opposite banking uphill slight left, at which point I slammed on my brakes so hard that i lost traction and initiated a slide with my front bumper aiming for the curb and my wheel turned all the way to the right, in an attempt to correct the slide I floored it hoping to shift the rear end another direction due to the fact the pavement sucks my car contiuned traveling twards the curb where the inital impact happend from that point my car proceed on the curb like it was on a rail heading for the two poles in front of me the first of which my car disconnected from the cement and flipped over my car which is when my air bag went off still sliding i hit the second pole and the car stopped uppon stopping i unbuclked my seat belt and exit the car with no problem, having noticed my glasses fell of my face I put them on and proceeded to make sure i was sound. Dusted my self off (leterially and if you know me well you know I'm not playin when I said i checked my shoes to make sure they were cool) I called my mother during this phone call the SM Peace officer blocked traffic and informed me he saw the whole thing. He made sure it was put in the report that it was not my fault. At this point in time my hand hurts a little my back a little sore and my shoulder too. I've already started the search for a 94,95 tt and I am going to look at 3 tomorrow as my father has informed me that he will in fact buy me another twin turbo no matter what happens. All in all im thankful to be alive and look back and laugh at the fact that my car own3d not one but 2 poles. No one was hurt in this accident (except my pride and joy and my ego) On to the pics for your view pleasure. I'm going out to percsion z to look at it later this week so more detailed and better pics. Also forgot to mention my approximated speed at the time of impact was 60-65mph I'm convinced the Z is safe and wouldn't dream of driving anything else right now.

The Police car on the right is where I hit the curb and proceed to slide down it.

Update On car:
Another Day Another Twin Turbo soon to pick up a 95tt with 42k Miles My car had 175k so this will be very nice also seeing as the new car is pretty much bone stock. So I get a second chance to build it from the ground up.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:29 AM
wanderlust

Holy run-on sentences, batman!! You know, it would be much easier to read if you threw a period in there every now and then. No, I'm not being nitpicky...that was impossible to read (I sure as hell didn't read the whole thing).

From the pics, it looked like you crashed. That sucks...hope things get worked out.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:28 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** TJ, glad you werent seriously injured! Sorry to see your baby all smashed up From the sounds of things, that accident could have been a lot worse.

Hope to see you on the road again soon, your new TT will be even better!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:46 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Must be nice to know that daddy will buy you a new car everytime you crash one. Glad to hear you are ok and sorry about the car ...
Old 08-23-2004, 10:08 AM
HanZolo

You are soo lucky that the first pole didn't smack you on the head TJ. Glad to hear you got out OK.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:55 AM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by HanZolo
You are soo lucky that the first pole didn't smack you on the head TJ. Glad to hear you got out OK.
It should have, it cracked my windshield but ya I'm good. Aside from the fact it actually flipped over my car. Gotta admit though it was a hell of a ride.

Last edited by la300zxtt; 08-23-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:03 AM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by teh215
Must be nice to know that daddy will buy you a new car everytime you crash one. Glad to hear you are ok and sorry about the car ...
Ya it is seeing as it wasn't my fault. What nicer is having a car in NY too speciallly since its brand new :-) o my bad that was me being an ******* too...
Old 08-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No way bro what is happening to the SoCal Zers. First Amy-Croft then you T.J. Damn brother I'm glad you're ok and no one was hurt. I know how those damn cab drivers are to....
Old 08-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Bini2

Thank goodness you are ok.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:00 PM
hfm

Good to hear you're okay TJ.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:51 PM
la300zxtt

Ya a lot of z32's getting it too. Just madly looking for a Z that was in way better condition then my last one. I deffinately wont rush the purchase of this one.

Dan I swear I see you almost everyday. Like last thursday or frieday the blazer that was headed twards PCH of topanga honking at you. That was me again LOL see ya soon buddy.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:06 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Oh !

TJ

Dude !

Sorry for your loss, I know you have looked after our fellow club members.. on various runs..
I'm glad you are O.K.
The ability for the driver to walk away in a Z is a real plus.
And you have a plan to rebuild on a new chassis...
If you need a hand to turn wrenches.. let us know..

Amy
Old 08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
350Now

Sorry to hear about your accident. Those cabby in the westside can be brutal. I work in Santa Monica and they can be very aggressive in driving. Glad to hear no one was hurt. Hopefully everything is resolve and you have another Z to build on.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Woa!!!! WTF TJ man??? Damn......blondie was just directed to the link by DJK. This sucks! Glad you're fine tough! Was looking forward to seeing you this Sunday....

Hope things work out for you for the better!

Jen
Old 08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
Woa!!!! WTF TJ man??? Damn......blondie was just directed to the link by DJK. This sucks! Glad you're fine tough! Was looking forward to seeing you this Sunday....

Hope things work out for you for the better!

Jen
I probably will be there this sunday (in a blazer but I'll be there) as long as it got wheels I can drive it. Hopefully the replacement comes soon.... I miss boost...
Old 08-26-2004, 03:04 PM
G.I. Jimbo

Originally posted by wanderlust
Holy run-on sentences, batman!! You know, it would be much easier to read if you threw a period in there every now and then. No, I'm not being nitpicky...that was impossible to read (I sure as hell didn't read the whole thing).

From the pics, it looked like you crashed. That sucks...hope things get worked out.
Hey it was a great description! I felt like i was there
but not really
XD
Old 08-26-2004, 07:54 PM
AmyCroft

Default XD

XD

Very Clever..

Tinemaspravanamene. Tisiihimaostotine. Natvomekrilususpavalea jasamsamoimalatebe.

Ha ! -
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by teh215
i was about to say the same thing.

i'm glad you are ok...but, maybe you should get a bus pass instead of another TT car. 60-65MPH?? i call that irresponsible. and, another car in NY that's new. now you're just bragging. nobody likes a snob.

also...they put periods in sentences for a reason. ha-ha. try to use it once in a while. sell the car...buy some grammar books!

but, i'm glad you came out ok! looks like it could have been worse.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:12 PM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by djkern
i was about to say the same thing.

i'm glad you are ok...but, maybe you should get a bus pass instead of another TT car. 60-65MPH?? i call that irresponsible. and, another car in NY that's new. now you're just bragging. nobody likes a snob.

also...they put periods in sentences for a reason. ha-ha. try to use it once in a while. sell the car...buy some grammar books!

but, i'm glad you came out ok! looks like it could have been worse.
1. I am perfectly able to make coherant sentences when the original post was made I was in a state of shock. But thanks Mr. english professor that should proof read his own ****... "ha-ha." Isn't a complete sentence...

2. Only reason I was a ***** is because he was too. It's what us Jemini's are known for . BTW my dad pays for my books too

3. 60-65 in a 65 not including the fact I doubt you've ever seen the off ramp. Also note the police report does say via Peace officer eye witness that it was not my fault. Have a nice day you are pwn3d...

4. No bragging would be posting pics of it sitting on 19's with a system..... Along with everything else in the garage.

As far as the bus is concerned been there done that and I got the car of my dreams for working my *** off. So if you have a problem with it take your head and shove it. Don't hate because I'm privilaged, you dont know anything about me.....
Old 08-27-2004, 05:05 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by la300zxtt
1. I am perfectly able to make coherant sentences when the original post was made I was in a state of shock. But thanks Mr. english professor that should proof read his own ****... "ha-ha." Isn't a complete sentence...

2. Only reason I was a ***** is because he was too. It's what us Jemini's are known for . BTW my dad pays for my books too

3. 60-65 in a 65 not including the fact I doubt you've ever seen the off ramp. Also note the police report does say via Peace officer eye witness that it was not my fault. Have a nice day you are pwn3d...

4. No bragging would be posting pics of it sitting on 19's with a system..... Along with everything else in the garage.

As far as the bus is concerned been there done that and I got the car of my dreams for working my *** off. So if you have a problem with it take your head and shove it. Don't hate because I'm privilaged, you dont know anything about me.....

owned? seems like you were. my car isn't wrecked.

typical attitude of a spoiled kid.

you just can't handle a TT car i guess. or, you are a terrible driver.

who said i'm not privilaged? who said i haven't been privilaged my whole life? i just don't go around bragging. you just look like a spoiled brat.

good luck in life. make sure dad doesn't lose his job. you might not get more toys.

Quick Reply: I told you guys my car hated me (crash + photos)