Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

***Official 9/11/04 Malibu Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 05:53 PM
G2FAST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Official 9/11/04 Malibu Cruise

After the GTG last Tuesday everyone decided to do the Malibu run after all. Here is the intended route that we are taking for the cruise.

Malibu route:

topanga & 101 south to mulholland hwy.
mulholland to stunt road
stunt to piuma
piuma to las virgenes
las virgenes to mulholland
mulholland to Yerba Buna
yerba buna to PCH
PCH to latigo canyon
latigo to kanan
kanan back to 101

OR

run the reverese of the above and start at Santa Monica and head up to the valley and back.

Lunch will be determined later after the run. Remember to bring your 2 way radio's so we can keep in touch during the run. Remember the rules of engagement when someone gets tagged by the CHP "DO NOT STOP FOR THAT PERSON" otherwise you will get ticketed to. If you do get ticketed listen to the radio or we will provide everyone's cell # when we meet up before the cruise so who ever the lucky person is will be able to rejoin the group.

First group of people (Inland Empire peeps) will be meeting at the Chino Hills Starbucks on Pipeline @ 8am. We will wait for 15mins then proceed to the next stop. The second group of people (LA and Orange peeps) will be meeting in Santa Monica @ 9am. You guys from LA and Orange decide which part of SM you would like to meet at. The rest of us will follow you guys there. The times are set early so we can beat the traffic. If we start late then we will run into traffic and that will not be fun. Feel free to suggest options for the run i.e. alternate route or destination or a place to eat. Should you sign up please provide your cell phone# or PM me so I can make a list of everyone's cell for the meet. I will print copies of the route so we can all have an idea of where we are going. I will give you copies at the meeting place. Make sure that your cars are all set for these run check your tires, oil, etc. See you guys then.

01. X2theZ(I'll be at the Chino spot)
Old 09-10-2004, 12:01 PM
ChrisMCagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***Official 9/11/04 Malibu Cruise

Originally posted by X2theZ
Remember the rules of engagement when someone gets tagged by the CHP "DO NOT STOP FOR THAT PERSON" otherwise you will get ticketed to.
Maybe I am just not in tune with the idea behind these runs as others are but shouldn't getting tagged by the CHP not be a concern when on a run? Personally I like to just enjoy the ride and have fun, not push the limits of the VDC while driving in the canyons. If you drive like you should, then you shouldn't need to worry about getting tagged. Am I wrong?

If you want to race around on the freeway or public streets, perhaps you should consider this thread.

my $0.02

-Chris
Old 09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: ***Official 9/11/04 Malibu Cruise

When Ed got tagged, I happened to be coming up the hill when my V1 alerted me to the radar. There was a "this is your speed" trailer earlier. I understand that the cops have it linked up so they can time your arrival as additional evidence of speeding. Anyway, as soon as it went off the second time, I dropped my speed from 60-65ish down to 45.

At the top of the hill, Ed was pulled over and a crew of CHP were present. Unfortunately, I was leading the slower pack and it was a T-fork so, I couldn't do anything other than wait for the rest of the group to catch up otherwise, they wouldn't know what direction to turn. It's a good thing my V1 worked in time for the CHP to ignore me while I sat and waited.

Anyways, it's fairly usual for the faster crowd to take the front spots and the slower crowd to take the middle to rear spots. The people in front who risk the tickets do just that, take the risk. All we can do is be as safe as possible and avoid stupid driving that will ruin an otherwise fun event.

Have fun on this run guys. I don't know if I will make it but I know that route will put a smile on your faces.